Reload this Page >

Luxury spa news, chitchat and review thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Luxury spa news, chitchat and review thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2018, 9:04 am

I was very underwhelmed by the Sense Spa at Rosewood Abu Dhabi. I also find it incredible that Rosewood do not offer any chemical-free brands in their hotels. I agree with Scented that FS Abu Dhabi is leagues ahead - great treatments there, under Christelle, who is now overseeing this hotel and the two Four Seasons in Dubai.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
I was very underwhelmed by the Sense Spa at Rosewood Abu Dhabi. I also find it incredible that Rosewood do not offer any chemical-free brands in their hotels. I agree with Scented that FS Abu Dhabi is leagues ahead - great treatments there, under Christelle, who is now overseeing this hotel and the two Four Seasons in Dubai.
Makes sense as Hayley left Four Seasons to head the Spa side of a hospitality consultancy in the Middle East IIRC. I am happy that Christelle follows. But as she is AUH based, FS Dubai should have hired a Spa Manager now for daily operations?
Old Aug 3, 2018, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by scented
Makes sense as Hayley left Four Seasons to head the Spa side of a hospitality consultancy in the Middle East IIRC. I am happy that Christelle follows. But as she is AUH based, FS Dubai should have hired a Spa Manager now for daily operations?
I've seen their job postings on indeed.ae. Probably still searching.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 10:00 am

As you no doubt know, the previous Spa Manager at FS Jumeirah was let go. Christelle, I gather, is in the process of hiring. I agree though that someone should have been found by now. Is that not the case? Christelle now splits her time between Abu Dhabi and Dubai, so is very much involved, as is Leonardo Baiocchi, who is RVP.
scented likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

My wife had a surprisingly exasperating signature Pearl facial at FS Jumeirah Beach. We were a little late since Sea Fu decided to give us complimentary desserts and probably arrived at 8:05pm. She began at around 8:30pm and finished at 9:40pm. My wife thinks the therapist just wanted to go home and rushed through the treatment. Hopefully, they will re-do the treatment later today.

The treatment rooms almost look like they belong to a lesser resort. Very, very spartan.

Last edited by Aventine; Aug 31, 2018 at 11:10 pm
Old Sep 1, 2018, 2:40 am

The treatment rooms at the Spa look very much like an afterthought. Especially the towel heater is unfortunate. I hope this will be addressed.

Not sure regarding the treatment, are you in touch with the team? Who is now Spa Manager there? I think Christelle Besnier travels between properties.

Manoj is now Head Therapist in Dubai, he transferred there from Marrakech. His Indian therapies are quite good, but don’t think facials etc are his thing
Old Sep 1, 2018, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The treatment rooms at the Spa look very much like an afterthought. Especially the towel heater is unfortunate. I hope this will be addressed.

Not sure regarding the treatment, are you in touch with the team? Who is now Spa Manager there? I think Christelle Besnier travels between properties.

Manoj is now Head Therapist in Dubai, he transferred there from Marrakech. His Indian therapies are quite good, but don’t think facials etc are his thing
The pull up blinds are also an eyesore. I think this treatment room might be one of the worst among the newer FS properties.

Verity Marsh seems to be filling in? They offered a nice complimentary makeup so that's nice they recognize failures and rectify.

It was a Thai woman who did the Pearl facial and definitely not one of their best people.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 5:25 am

Yes the treatment room is very claustrophobic with a touch of IKEA...

I suspect neither BAMO nor Tihany did the treatment rooms, so a third/fourth/fifth company was consulted.

I actually prefer AUH over DJB for the Spa, more so now that Hayley has left.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Yes the treatment room is very claustrophobic with a touch of IKEA...

I suspect neither BAMO nor Tihany did the treatment rooms, so a third/fourth/fifth company was consulted.

I actually prefer AUH over DJB for the Spa, more so now that Hayley has left.
A real shame because everything else is first class.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 9:23 am

The new SPA at FS George V is very nice. The showers with jets all around are to die for. Very nice steam. No more sauna nor relaxation room sadly.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CGRA
The new SPA at FS George V is very nice. The showers with jets all around are to die for. Very nice steam. No more sauna nor relaxation room sadly.
Did they also do away with the communal relaxation area with the juice and water?
Old Sep 2, 2018, 6:18 pm
Original Member

Last month we holidayed in Napa near Calistoga. Made a daytrip to the Solange Spa and were mighty impressed. Best massage EVER plus facial and foot reflexology (which I disbelieve as to the health compinent but it feels so good so eho cares). Gorgeous spa with more bells and whistles than ever. Sweet, kindly staff with open hearts. I loved this place. Returning as soon as I can.

https://solage.aubergeresorts.com/spa/
Aventine likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
Did they also do away with the communal relaxation area with the juice and water?
it’s smaller but still there (one table plus 2 armchairs)
Old Sep 5, 2018, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by CGRA
Apart from the very strong chlorine gas in the pool area.....
Old Sep 5, 2018, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Apart from the very strong chlorine gas in the pool area.....
Don’t we just all love French legislation?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.