Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Live @ Six Senses Zil Pasyon. (Seychelles islands)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Live @ Six Senses Zil Pasyon. (Seychelles islands)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2017, 5:50 am
Company Representative: Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spa

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
This is not the first time that I have heard about single women on press trips being attacked. I was told, allegedly, that the same thing happened at Velaa in the Maldives. Awful.
Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas confirms that there has been a report of an incident at our Seychelles resort which is currently being investigated by the police. Six Senses Zil Pasyon takes the safety and security of all of its guests extremely seriously. The police are leading the investigation into this incident and we are cooperating fully with that investigation.

Once a conclusion to the investigation has been reached, the resort intends to take every appropriate measure to address the matter.

Our thoughts are with the guest who made the report, who is now back in Russia.

We will be issuing updates on the situation in real time.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by Omnis Si Mulier
It was me being raped there. My report was clear: I was there on press trip, writing about their new residence villas. It was my last night, I was sleeping when the housekeeper accessed my villa and raped me at knifepoint. I don't know how he accessed, perhaps from the terrace, but he had the electronic key. Threatening me with the knife, the intruder forced himself on me and repeatedly raped me. I was trying to escape the villa and once or twice managed to open the door and make several steps outside. However, the rapist took me back to the villa threatening me with the knife. Number of times he said that he would kill me. I was screaming loud but apparently due to the size of the resort and remote location of my villa no one could hear me. After an hour and a half of our struggle and him rapping me, I managed to escape the villa and run to the hotel reception.
It took me almost 20 minutes to get to the restaurant area, where I thought I could find the resort security. However, nobody was there. I was crying out and knocking at all doors. It took me another 20 minutes to find security.At around 2.30am they went to my villa and captured the rapist in the garden of the villa. However, as they told me later, they could not find the knife.
I asked the executive assistant manager, to immediately call the police. It was only later that I found out that she never called the police. Then she brought me to another villa to rest until the morning.
In the morning, at around 9.30am, I had a conversation with my the PR agent managing the tour, who also stayed at the resort in a different villa (I have a recording of this conversation) and with the General Manager. He shocked me by suggesting that I myself invited the man to the villa and that no rape actually took place. He also mentioned that the hotel’s management had not called the police. We subsequently called the police and they arrived from the nearby island shortly.
That was almost eight hours after I had reported the crime to the resort. The police was surprised that they had not been called earlier to the crime scene and confirmed that they were working 24 hours and hence would be contactable at the time the offence took place.
That morning I also saw the resort's co-owner, who I hoped would help me with my very difficult and stressful situation. Instead, she continued to offend me by asking whether I had experienced some pleasure that night.
Upon their arrival, the police assigned two female officers who helped me to file a statement. The attacker was identified as a Mauritian citizen working for the resort as a housekeeper.
I left the Seychelles the same night. No apology or support was ever offered by the hotel’s management.
Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas is disappointed by the delay in the Seychelles case. On June 8, the Court set a hearing for late December and noted the delay was due to time required for forensic testing. In Court the same day, the accused employee pleaded not guilty and remains on his own recognizance in the Seychelles.

We are eager to hear the ruling in this case and look forward to setting the record straight as there are great discrepancies between the claimant’s account and the resort’s findings. We wish that we could say more about the case today, but since the case is pending we are not at liberty to comment. Once a court decision has been reached, the resort looks forward to being able to more fully share with the public the facts it has on the case.

Should there be any updates in the meantime, we will communicate it promptly.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
What happened at this resort really needs to go viral. The terrible service for OP, the crime and subsequent cover up by upper management and ownership.
Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas is disappointed by the delay in the Seychelles case. On June 8, the Court set a hearing for late December and noted the delay was due to time required for forensic testing. In Court the same day, the accused employee pleaded not guilty and remains on his own recognizance in the Seychelles.

We are eager to hear the ruling in this case and look forward to setting the record straight as there are great discrepancies between the claimant’s account and the resort’s findings. We wish that we could say more about the case today, but since the case is pending we are not at liberty to comment. Once a court decision has been reached, the resort looks forward to being able to more fully share with the public the facts it has on the case.

Old Jul 4, 2017, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas
Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas confirms that there has been a report of an incident at our Seychelles resort which is currently being investigated by the police. Six Senses Zil Pasyon takes the safety and security of all of its guests extremely seriously. The police are leading the investigation into this incident and we are cooperating fully with that investigation.

Once a conclusion to the investigation has been reached, the resort intends to take every appropriate measure to address the matter.

Your comments are cynical and offensively formal. If you take the safety and security of all of its guests extremely seriously" you should have camera near the entrance to my villa, and if you have the camera, there should be footage from that night of me and the man, where it is? Could you please answer this straight question? An it is only natural there are discrepancies, resort management fully support the man, as it was quoted in SNA news, they were hiding evidences, which is not a fair game at all. The management of the resort started this unfair game from the very beginning, by removing the knife from the scene and not calling the police, while I was in shock, they continue their pressure by insulting questions, like, whether I had experienced some pleasure that night.That is why I am keeping asking you to - as Six Senses head office - take the responsibility, interfere and stop this. What I wanted to discuss were the extremely arrogant, dishonest, cruel, unprofessional and illegal actions of the resort's managers towards me. I think the police don't deal with it, It was happened after I was raped and manage to escape. And please, let me know what kind of official restrictions the police and the authorities put on Six Senses regarding the rape case? Do those restrictions also cover the management actions after the rape? Do the police also investigate why didn't the management call the police as I demanded?

Last edited by Omnis Si Mulier; Jul 4, 2017 at 7:42 am
Old Jul 4, 2017, 6:28 am

And there was nobody, no security to help me when I cried for help and run around the resort. How dare you to write about discrepancies and "safety and security of all of its guests" while it is enough to watch the CCTV footage to see what was happened?
Old Jul 4, 2017, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by surftb15
I responded back and said...

"the voucher is only good till next July. Not sure what my travel plans are yet but it's not so easy to get to the seychelles from the US. I really just want the one night back, as it was a wasted sleep and my wife and I were completely exhausted the next day. Thinking about it, the entire next day was wasted as well. I think one night refund is more then fair. "
Instead of a voucher, Six Senses should come to their senses and offer a refund for this guest with the disturbed sleep, noise coming from a broken pool pump and spilling water.

Last edited by Aventine; Jul 4, 2017 at 7:14 am
Old Jul 4, 2017, 7:10 am

We are eager to hear the ruling in this case and look forward to setting the record straight as there are great discrepancies between the claimant’s account and the resort’s findings.
You had enough time to do the internal investigation of the case and understand what happened, there is no excuse you are not taking the responsibility. Absolutely no excuse. There is a reason that you want to cover it up, but, again, no excuse.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 9:15 am

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus
Originally Posted by Aventine
Instead of a voucher, Six Senses should come to their senses and offer a refund for this guest with the disturbed sleep, noise coming from a broken pool pump and spilling water.
i think this thread has turned into something much more than a broken pump and vouchers stage at this point, with a rape victim and resort directly being active here.

i am terribly sorry about what happened to the lady, i hope the truth comes out soon and she finds some relief after what she had to endure.

about six senses seychelles, one must be insane to even think about visiting that place, after this incident as well as surfbt report.

the change of GM and sending him elsewhere is not enough, as now an incompetent manager is running another Six Senses Resort. The manager should be sitting in a back office doing nothing until the investigation is over, or should just be fired right away for not responding in the appropriate way. if these events happened in US or anywhere in Europe the whole thing would be on top of the news everyday. What would happen if someone filed a report of being raped in Four Seasons New York, could not find any security for a long time, and Four Seasons just decided to send the GM to its LA location.

i for one, will look to see some drastic action on Six Senses part until I even think about visiting one of their resorts. Not because of what happened, because there are evil people everywhere and this could have happened in another resort, but because of how they handled things in the aftermath.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by tcmb99
i think this thread has turned into something much more than a broken pump and vouchers stage at this point, with a rape victim and resort directly being active here.

i am terribly sorry about what happened to the lady, i hope the truth comes out soon and she finds some relief after what she had to endure.
Thank you!

I am sure the truth will come out, and I am furious that the illegal actions of the management who hid the evidences and didn't call the police forced me to go through this unbearable process of having to prove myself as a victim.

Re answers of Six Senses, I've read them already many times, they copy/paste it every time I approach.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

2+ months after incident, surftb15 could not reach anyone when pool was leaking into his room

has anyone changed rooms in middle of night when problem like what surftb15 experienced happens?

and again, anyone familiar with night staff operations at 'remote' properties?

now that i think about it, what about buggy properties? like this six senses, right?
IIRC its rare for guests to have their own buggy, how does it work at night?

water was spilling into the room

I called every number at the hotel and noone answered. After about an hour, someone picked up

no acknowledgement
around 2am...I called every button on the phone and noone answered. I then kept hitting "0" and someone finally picked up. It then took maintenance over 1 hour to come...pump went back on one hour later. I kept hitting "0" and noone answered this time around. I wasn't able to get in touch with someone until 6am!

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jul 4, 2017 at 10:21 am
Old Jul 4, 2017, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
IIRC its rare for guests to have their own buggy, how does it work at night?
At the remote resorts I know you can call a buggy every time. They had always enough staff in charge. When I once arrived at SS Ninh van Bay I was greated by 2 managers and 2 other members of staff + the 2 people in charge for the speed-boat.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

has anyone dealt with requesting buggies etc in middle of night

Originally Posted by offerendum
At the remote resorts I know you can call a buggy every time. They had always enough staff in charge. When I once arrived at SS Ninh van Bay I was greated by 2 managers and 2 other members of staff + the 2 people in charge for the speed-boat.
did they have a time they were expecting you earlier?

stayed on the phone with the hotel staff for most of our drive through Nha Trang so they could guide him. After many more phone calls we finally saw a sign: Six Senses Resort! I’ve never been happier to see a hotel-sign! At 3:30 am
We were greeted by the guest relations manager

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jul 4, 2017 at 1:23 pm
Old Jul 4, 2017, 1:38 pm

You wrote that there are great discrepancies, but I am telling everything as it was. And your managers started to mislead me from the very beginning. I have a record of the conversation between SS GM Edouard Grosmangin, the PR manager assisting the press trip and me. It was in the morning, about 9:30 am, and I reported what happened to me 2:30-2:40 am. He is lying they called the police, he is lying the police is hard to get, he is interrogating me and putting pressure on me. The record is more than half an hour long. They never called the police, we did it after this conversation and the police came shortly and said nobody called them before and they were available 24/7. Here is the fragment, we haven't transcribed everything yet, for me it is very traumatic to listen to.

12 min 38 sec PR agent: Yeah but actually the first thing should be for her safety it's two things. It's official doctor and it's police right now and urgent. I'm sorry to say this. I keep the interest of the hotel because actually I can imagine like I'm actually PR, so I have to keep all like, both things, but the thing is that it needs to be really like two things urgent doctor and police and officially registered and then
Edouard: This is what I have done already.
PR agent: Where is the police and where is the doctor?
Edouard: ? The police is on the way and actually the police has been informed. We have different district in Seychelles. We depend on the district of Le Dique and the police can be on the boat and
PR agent: But it's five minutes away from
Edouard: No, no. I know. But in the middle of the night ...
PR agent: No, it's not night. It's 9:39.
Edouard: no, no, I'm trying to explain you. At 9:00 this morning
The victim: just now
Edouard:: We had to report everything. You don't go just to the police to say "we have a problem" and they will not come like that. At this stage ...
PR agent: It's police, they come when we have a problem. Like I can call them right now and tell them that we have this problem.

Originally Posted by tcmb99

i for one, will look to see some drastic action on Six Senses part until I even think about visiting one of their resorts. Not because of what happened, because there are evil people everywhere and this could have happened in another resort, but because of how they handled things in the aftermath.
- exactly my thoughts!

Last edited by Omnis Si Mulier; Jul 4, 2017 at 1:59 pm
Old Jul 4, 2017, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
did they have a time they were expecting you earlier?
Yes
Old Jul 5, 2017, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by Omnis Si Mulier
You wrote that there are great discrepancies, but I am telling everything as it was. And your managers started to mislead me from the very beginning. I have a record of the conversation between SS GM Edouard Grosmangin, the PR manager assisting the press trip and me. It was in the morning, about 9:30 am, and I reported what happened to me 2:30-2:40 am. He is lying they called the police, he is lying the police is hard to get, he is interrogating me and putting pressure on me. The record is more than half an hour long. They never called the police, we did it after this conversation and the police came shortly and said nobody called them before and they were available 24/7. Here is the fragment, we haven't transcribed everything yet, for me it is very traumatic to listen to.

12 min 38 sec PR agent: Yeah but actually the first thing should be for her safety it's two things. It's official doctor and it's police right now and urgent. I'm sorry to say this. I keep the interest of the hotel because actually I can imagine like I'm actually PR, so I have to keep all like, both things, but the thing is that it needs to be really like two things urgent doctor and police and officially registered and then
Edouard: This is what I have done already.
PR agent: Where is the police and where is the doctor?
Edouard: ? The police is on the way and actually the police has been informed. We have different district in Seychelles. We depend on the district of Le Dique and the police can be on the boat and
PR agent: But it's five minutes away from
Edouard: No, no. I know. But in the middle of the night ...
PR agent: No, it's not night. It's 9:39.
Edouard: no, no, I'm trying to explain you. At 9:00 this morning
The victim: just now
Edouard:: We had to report everything. You don't go just to the police to say "we have a problem" and they will not come like that. At this stage ...
PR agent: It's police, they come when we have a problem. Like I can call them right now and tell them that we have this problem.
And in the end of the conversation he said:
Edouard: Don't think the police are not on the way. It's not Miami Vice. They are not coming on a speedboat like that. It is Seychelles. If we have an emergency, we put you on a boat in the middle of the night. I would have been the first one to drive the boat and to take you somewhere. If there is a crime or whatever on the island, usually the island manager has even the right to keep custody for someone on the island until the next day. That's the regulation on the islands. But I'm sorry, it's already 10 and I know that we haven't shared any report with the police because we didn't know which level of police. [I call the guy from La Digue], I'm sorry, it's useless. We will get like a basic guy who is taking care of the dead dogs and the robbery from the shop so it's extremely serious and this is most probably the district of Mahe the main island to look after this kind of thing, right? It's not only the hotel. It's the destination of Seychelles as well, as you mentioned.

Last edited by Omnis Si Mulier; Jul 5, 2017 at 6:15 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.