Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Live @ Six Senses Zil Pasyon. (Seychelles islands)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Live @ Six Senses Zil Pasyon. (Seychelles islands)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:58 pm
Original Poster

I scrolled through most of this post,....

First off, this message is to Omins:

You have done nothing wrong! Stop second guessing!

What I don't get/ what bothers me

The GM that Omnis was speaking too (edguardo)...he was so condescending towards Omnis. The facts didn't even come out at that point and he was already forming an opinion of the incident. This is scary behavior, not even his job - he has NO investigative experience. Anyway, it is very sad for a hotel to operate this way - Even if the hotel was "free" as part of a PR trip, there was a physical assault (which edguardo ADMITS), HANDLE THIS!

The whole tape is quite disturbing and the GM (at the time) does little to help the case. I feel very bad for all Omins as must have been so traumatic.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by surftb15
I scrolled through most of this post,....

First off, this message is to Omins:

You have done nothing wrong! Stop second guessing!

What I don't get/ what bothers me

The GM that Omnis was speaking too (edguardo)...he was so condescending towards Omnis. The facts didn't even come out at that point and he was already forming an opinion of the incident. This is scary behavior, not even his job - he has NO investigative experience. Anyway, it is very sad for a hotel to operate this way - Even if the hotel was "free" as part of a PR trip, there was a physical assault (which edguardo ADMITS), HANDLE THIS!

The whole tape is quite disturbing and the GM (at the time) does little to help the case. I feel very bad for all Omins as must have been so traumatic.
Dear surftb15, thank you for listening to the audio, it is not easy at all!

During this conversation I was completely disoriented by controversial words of Edouard. I started this conversation being absolutely sure that they are supporting me and trying to help. But after all his misleading answers about the police "... we called them, they are on the way don't worry... we didn't call them, it is useless...", hints about the access '' the man could't get to the villa without you opening the door for him... yes, he had the key from your villa...", about the CCTV " we have cameras everywhere... we see you going to you villa.. no we don't have PHOTOS of your villa..." about what happened ".. It's done for you. The damage is done. I mean, it's psychological damage, it's physical damage whatever, it's done..."
"I am not going to do the police work..." and then continue interrogation

Only after this I realized they are just gathering information to be used against me.

Last edited by Omnis Si Mulier; Jul 11, 2017 at 2:18 am
Old Jul 11, 2017, 9:33 am
Original Poster

What also bothers me is the six senses coming here and saying Omnis facts contradict their own investigation. Well, they aren't a law enforcement agency. How can they make that determination? The case isn't being heard till December anyway, Omnis will need to return as she's the complaining witness.

At this point, six senses needs to get their insurance involved to pay for her return flights and put her up in reasonable and safe accommodation in Mahe.

Their whole response is troublesome.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I'm worried that there's too much collusion between the owners of this resort, ruling elite and judiciary in Seychelles. One of the co-owner is an attorney, former state prosecutor and seems to be representing the resort in court? That's what I gathered from reading the trial articles in the newspaper. Her husband is a political bigwig there too. Makes me sick to the stomach that they could probably bury this...
Old Jul 11, 2017, 10:56 am

I have read through this thread, but have had nothing to contribute at any stage thus far. The ordeal sounds truly horrendous, not only from what happened, but the awful response and subsequent follow-up. Six Senses coming on here only came across as victim bashing and makes them look even further like the bullies that they are acting as. You cannot be reasonable with unreasonable people, and everything that has happened with Six Senses just backs that up. If it is of even the most minor consolation, I had this on my list of places to visit but will never do so now.

I would also like to thank FlyerTalk for leaving this topic open. I know it must not be an easy decision to do so, but I'm pleased to be part of a community that can openly discuss the severe failures of a company without the fear of what comes next.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 11:05 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by MacMyDay
I would also like to thank FlyerTalk for leaving this topic open. I know it must not be an easy decision to do so, but I'm pleased to be part of a community that can openly discuss the severe failures of a company without the fear of what comes next.
I appreciate the comment. The two forum moderators had a thoughtful discussion with me. We unanimously agreed that personal safety in the context of a hotel stay is very much a relevant issue for this forum.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I appreciate the comment. The two forum moderators had a thoughtful discussion with me. We unanimously agreed that personal safety in the context of a hotel stay is very much a relevant issue for this forum.

Many thanks to the forum, to the moderators and all participants of this thread. It is the only place on the whole internet I found (and I tried a lot) I can openly discuss what happened to me and read thoughtful, balanced responses, comments and get support. Thank you surftb15 for honest review on TA, for answering my message there and for bringing my story here.

As I wrote I felt so frustrated and disoriented by SS actions and their way of communication. This discussion brings back the ground under my feet, and gives me strength to continue my struggle.

Last edited by Omnis Si Mulier; Jul 11, 2017 at 12:17 pm
Old Jul 11, 2017, 11:58 am

What also bothers me is the six senses coming here and saying Omnis facts contradict their own investigation. Well, they aren't a law enforcement agency. How can they make that determination? The case isn't being heard till December anyway, Omnis will need to return as she's the complaining witness.
Thank you for pointing this out, all their responses left more questions than answers, and their actions are not logical. I really hope I can untangle this muddle.

At this point, six senses needs to get their insurance involved to pay for her return flights and put her up in reasonable and safe accommodation in Mahe.
I wish they communicate with me in a more human way and we can discuss it.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
I'm worried that there's too much collusion between the owners of this resort, ruling elite and judiciary in Seychelles. One of the co-owner is an attorney, former state prosecutor and seems to be representing the resort in court? That's what I gathered from reading the trial articles in the newspaper. Her husband is a political bigwig there too. Makes me sick to the stomach that they could probably bury this...
That also makeы me sick, the whole system is very hard to deal with.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Aventine
Bizzare. Why would the hotel need to represent themselves in a criminal matter when the matter is between Omnis and the defendent? Venue doesn't matter.

Nice research and very worrisome.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 1:38 pm

Bizzare. Why would the hotel need to represent themselves in a criminal matter when the matter is between Omnis and the defendent? Venue doesn't matter.

Because, as they said, they are supporting the worker and there is also another lawyer

http://www.seychellesnewsagency.com/...x+assault+case

The lawyer of Six Senses Zil Pasyon resort, Laura Valabjhi, said the hotel is supporting its worker in any way it can while the case is ongoing.

http://www.seychellesnewsagency.com/...l+assault+case

The lawyer of Six Senses Zil Pasyon resort, Laura Valabjhi, told SNA that the case is being dragged and it is unfair on the accused.

“As of now, the case is a bit unclear. They are taking too long to present the full set of evidence, and the accused has been suspended from his work.”

Valabjhi added that “The hotel still has to support him in terms food and shelter and this is unfair on a human being, who still awaits his fate.”

The defence lawyer, Elvis Chetty, was absent on Monday, and the court instructed that the case will resume next week. The accused has been released on bail and his passport forfeited.
Valabjhi said the hotel wants to put closure to the case as soon as possible so that they can carry on with their normal function.

“If the accused is acquitted, the hotel has to adopt measures to ensure that this does not happen again. If the case is withdrawn, then the hotel will have to look into ways to rebuild its image and brand,” said Valabji.

And it was that man day off, I don't know if it is important, I found his photo on his fb page he posted in the morning of the day previous to that night, where he said "off day back to university without principles "

Last edited by RichardInSF; Jul 11, 2017 at 3:35 pm Reason: consecutive posts by same member
Old Jul 11, 2017, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
We unanimously agreed that personal safety in the context of a hotel stay is very much a relevant issue for this forum.
# 2 hotel operations & staff actions
# 3 management company & owner involvement in # 2

nighttime experience of original poster surftb15 was 2 months after nighttime experience of Omnis Si Mulier

i also noticed they have already closed a restaurant and 'reduced' staff >

one restaurant open
Originally Posted by theLuxuryTravelExpert
two restaurants
Originally Posted by theLuxuryTravelExpert
I visited the resort 3 weeks after the official opening, and service was terrific. Six Senses brought in a lot of their experienced staff and management members from other resorts, and it showed.
the hotel opened by september 30, 2016

too early to make any of these kinds of comparisons, but i also recall a past thread where complaint was about actions by provider X, and X (in their posts here) refused to even acknowledge complaint about X's actions

Originally Posted by Omnis Si Mulier
“If the accused is acquitted, the hotel has to adopt measures to ensure that this does not happen again. If the case is withdrawn, then the hotel will have to look into ways to rebuild its image and brand,” said Valabji...lawyer of Six Senses Zil Pasyon resort
can anyone clarify how lawyer is using "withdrawn" here?

i am confused and concerned regarding the use of "adopt measures to ensure that this does not happen again" - if someone's claim is false charges, first there is zero way to "ensure that this does not happen" but far more importantly, false charges are something that would be addressed in criminal/civil/etc court, not something that would be addressed by business's "measures"

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jul 11, 2017 at 4:08 pm
Old Jul 11, 2017, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
# 2 hotel operations & staff actions
# 3 management company & owner involvement in # 2

nighttime experience of original poster surftb15 was 2 months after nighttime experience of Omnis Si Mulier

i also noticed they have already closed a restaurant and reduced staff >

the hotel opened by september 30, 2016

too early to make any of these kinds of comparisons, but i also recall a past thread where complaint was about actions by provider X, and X (in their posts here) refused to even acknowledge complaint about X's actions

can anyone clarify how lawyer is using "withdrawn" here?

i am confused and concerned regarding the use of "adopt measures to ensure that this does not happen again" - if their claim is false charges, first there is zero way to "ensure that this does not happen" but far more importantly, false charges are something that would be addressed in criminal/civil/etc court, not something that would be addressed by business's "measures"
I am really puzzled by everything they are saying, their communication on all levels is not logical at all. That is very painful.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

regarding some of the communications and actions, there is also question of where divide is in this particular ongoing case, between local owner of individual six senses hotel ( & ) management company six senses and its parent company

for example lawyer quoted above, as well as >
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...orts-spas.html
Company Representative: Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spa

Country of Residence
TH [Thailand]
Old Jul 11, 2017, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
regarding some of the communications and actions, there is also question of where divide is in this particular ongoing case, between local owner of individual six senses hotel ( & ) management company six senses and its parent company

for example lawyer quoted above, as well as >
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...orts-spas.html
My friends and I were answered on FB with posts attributed to Neil Jacobs,
Chief Executive Officer
Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas

The owners of Zil Pasyon choose SS to operate their resort “It is a great honour for Six Senses to be selected as the resort operator by Félicité Island Development Limited,” said Bernhard Bohnenberger, president of Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas. “The island of Félicité is absolutely gorgeous and we eagerly look forward to creating a rich Six Senses experience for our guests on this pristine private island.”

http://www.eglobaltravelmedia.com.au...he-seychelles/

SINGAPORE property investor Kishore Buxani and his Seychelles-based partner have invested US$115 million in the first-phase development of an island in the Seychelles.Mr Buxani and his partner, Mukesh Valabhji, own a company that was granted a 99-year lease on the 268-hectare Felicite Island about nine years ago. The granatic island is part of the 115-island Indian Ocean archipelago known as The Republic of Seychelles - off the east African coast.

http://www.asiaone.com/business/sing...helles-project

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.