Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Live @ Six Senses Zil Pasyon. (Seychelles islands)

Live @ Six Senses Zil Pasyon. (Seychelles islands)

Old Jun 28, 2017, 4:04 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Has there been a change of GM as well? surftb15's review on TA was replied to by Hilton Hastings, General Manager. I just recently corresponded with Edouard Grosmangin...
Old Jun 28, 2017, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by vienna-resident
Has there been a change of GM as well? surftb15's review on TA was replied to by Hilton Hastings, General Manager. I just recently corresponded with Edouard Grosmangin...
How recently? It appears Mr Grosmangin was (pre-)& opening GM and the appointment of Mr Hastings is very recent (2 months). The incident was on May 4. Could this have led to another management shake up?

All things considered, this reflects badly on Six Senses!
Old Jun 28, 2017, 5:30 am
formerly vienna-resident

Originally Posted by scented
How recently? It appears Mr Grosmangin was (pre-)& opening GM and the appointment of Mr Hastings is very recent (2 months). The incident was on May 4. Could this have led to another management shake up?

All things considered, this reflects badly on Six Senses!
We exchanged e-mails in April about a stay booked for November, so fairly recent, but still before the event in question.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Frankly, I am horrified by this. Regarding the alleged rape, I would wait for the investigation, if there is one. There are always two sides to the story and from what I read the reports provided conflicting information. But what really concerns me is the tardy reaction from the resort and the non-existent security. This should be made way more public.

May I ask, surftb15, if I read correctly that your pool suffered structural damage? Edit: read the review, pool pump broke. OK... the reaction was horrific and the GM didn't even answer to your point. Frankly I question his ability to run a resort in the Seychelles.

What had happened.....

The pool pump broke. Not a big deal, right? WRONG. The pump (don't know what happened to it) started shaking the windows in the room. It was THAT LOUD! Also, water was spilling into the room as the pump wasn't moving the water at that point (or draining it).

I called every number at the hotel and noone answered. After about an hour, someone picked up, then "sent" someone to the room, which did no good.

Anyway it was a no sleep night. The next morning - no acknowledgement from the hotel or the GEM on these issues. So its funny, that the new GM didn't respond to the issue of "security" on TripAdvisor.

Finally, the new GM is there because the other GM was reassigned after this assault incident.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 2:42 am

Frankly, I am horrified by this. Regarding the alleged rape, I would wait for the investigation, if there is one. There are always two sides to the story and from what I read the reports provided conflicting information. But what really concerns me is the tardy reaction from the resort and the non-existent security. This should be made way more public.

May I ask, surftb15, if I read correctly that your pool suffered structural damage? Edit: read the review, pool pump broke. OK... the reaction was horrific and the GM didn't even answer to your point. Frankly I question his ability to run a resort in the Seychelles.
It was me being raped there. My report was clear: I was there on press trip, writing about their new residence villas. It was my last night, I was sleeping when the housekeeper accessed my villa and raped me at knifepoint. I don't know how he accessed, perhaps from the terrace, but he had the electronic key. Threatening me with the knife, the intruder forced himself on me and repeatedly raped me. I was trying to escape the villa and once or twice managed to open the door and make several steps outside. However, the rapist took me back to the villa threatening me with the knife. Number of times he said that he would kill me. I was screaming loud but apparently due to the size of the resort and remote location of my villa no one could hear me. After an hour and a half of our struggle and him rapping me, I managed to escape the villa and run to the hotel reception.
It took me almost 20 minutes to get to the restaurant area, where I thought I could find the resort security. However, nobody was there. I was crying out and knocking at all doors. It took me another 20 minutes to find security.At around 2.30am they went to my villa and captured the rapist in the garden of the villa. However, as they told me later, they could not find the knife.
I asked the executive assistant manager, to immediately call the police. It was only later that I found out that she never called the police. Then she brought me to another villa to rest until the morning.
In the morning, at around 9.30am, I had a conversation with my the PR agent managing the tour, who also stayed at the resort in a different villa (I have a recording of this conversation) and with the General Manager. He shocked me by suggesting that I myself invited the man to the villa and that no rape actually took place. He also mentioned that the hotels management had not called the police. We subsequently called the police and they arrived from the nearby island shortly.
That was almost eight hours after I had reported the crime to the resort. The police was surprised that they had not been called earlier to the crime scene and confirmed that they were working 24 hours and hence would be contactable at the time the offence took place.
That morning I also saw the resort's co-owner, who I hoped would help me with my very difficult and stressful situation. Instead, she continued to offend me by asking whether I had experienced some pleasure that night.
Upon their arrival, the police assigned two female officers who helped me to file a statement. The attacker was identified as a Mauritian citizen working for the resort as a housekeeper.
I left the Seychelles the same night. No apology or support was ever offered by the hotels management.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 7:13 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Temporarily closed for mod discussion.

RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels
Old Jun 29, 2017, 10:19 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Thread has been reopened
Old Jun 29, 2017, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

What happened at this resort really needs to go viral. The terrible service for OP, the crime and subsequent cover up by upper management and ownership.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

The issue of security really becomes a problem when boats like this stay parked outside the hotel at night. No doubt, my situation pales in comparison to a physical assault. BTW, that case is going to be tried in December of this year.

Regardless, the inability to reach anyone at the hotel that night was very problematic. They do have a security office, but it does not seem staffed at all. Otherwise, someone would have answered the phone!

And this:

Old Jun 29, 2017, 2:47 pm

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by Aventine
What happened at this resort really needs to go viral. The terrible service for OP, the crime and subsequent cover up by upper management and ownership.
Wow. Omnis Si Mulier, What a horrible thing to have to endure. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
Thank you for that! I really don't want anybody to take my side or the resort's side, I don't want people here to be judges. All I want is CCTV footage from that night - from all the cameras, including the one near my villa - this footage can be a perfect proof of what I said above.

And I also want the resort to take measures to improve their security-it all became possible because nobody was there, nobody watched CCTV in real time.

And I also want respect and apology from the management, but I will fight for this myself.

Thank you all for the support, It is really very important for me now.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by mkjr
Wow. Omnis Si Mulier, What a horrible thing to have to endure. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Thank you so much! It was a nightmare(literally), I hope it will never ever happen to anyone there. Your kind words mean so much!

Last edited by Omnis Si Mulier; Jun 29, 2017 at 3:27 pm
Old Jun 29, 2017, 3:35 pm
formerly vienna-resident

Originally Posted by Omnis Si Mulier
Thank you for that! I really don't want anybody to take my side or the resort's side, I don't want people here to be judges. All I want is CCTV footage from that night - from all the cameras, including the one near my villa - this footage can be a perfect proof of what I said above.
If your version of events is true - and I have no reason to doubt it - this is a multiple failure of safety standards, security, organization, management and ownership. Just horrible.

You have my deepest sympathy and admiration for coming out in public. I hope it helps to avoid anybody else suffering such an experience, not just at Zil Payson, but any resort.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 3:46 pm

If your version of events is true - and I have no reason to doubt it - this is a multiple failure of safety standards, security, organization, management and ownership. Just horrible.

You have my deepest sympathy and admiration for coming out in public. I hope it helps to avoid anybody else suffering such an experience, not just at Zil Payson, but any resort.
Dear @vienna-resident, thank you so much! I must admit I still keep my incognito, since I don't want my family, my son and parents, to be hurt with what happened to me and share my frustration. I have nothing to do but go public since the management and the owners are doing things that can't be kept in silence, they must take on the responsibility for what was happened.

I hope it helps to avoid anybody else suffering such an experience, not just at Zil Payson, but any resort. - absolutely!

Last edited by Omnis Si Mulier; Jun 29, 2017 at 4:20 pm
Old Jun 29, 2017, 4:47 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador

+1.

And enormous respect to the victim victim for telling her story.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.