Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Live @ Six Senses Zil Pasyon. (Seychelles islands)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Live @ Six Senses Zil Pasyon. (Seychelles islands)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2018, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Omnis: I don't have a PayPal account but I know there is a way to do Paypal so that one can charge to a credit card without an account. Is it possible for you to do that for your donation page?
Thank you RichardInSF! I will check if it is possible to add this on Tilda page (this web-site was made on Tilda)
Old Sep 22, 2018, 10:53 am

Omnis: I don't have a PayPal account but I know there is a way to do Paypal so that one can charge to a credit card without an account. Is it possible for you to do that for your donation page?
I submitted my documents to PayPal but it will take some time for them to approve it.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 12:11 pm

I am back from the civil case hearings. It was better this time, more polite but still traumatising.

I found out that the man has been already found guilty for the second rape attempt and in prison.

They are still hiding CCTV footage, mumbling smth indistinctive - was lost by the police? But they used it themselves during criminal trial, the lawyer of the defence once mentioned that he saw me running on that CCTV footage.

Last edited by Omnis Si Mulier; Oct 3, 2018 at 1:12 pm
Old Oct 3, 2018, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Omnis Si Mulier
I found out that the man has been already found guilty for the second rape attempt and in prison.

They are still hiding CCTV footage, mumbling smth indistinctive - was lost by the police? But they used it themselves during criminal trial, the layer of the defence once mentioned that he saw me running on that CCTV footage.
what is latest official stance of hotel and corporate? (re the guilty verdict in second case.)
Old Oct 3, 2018, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
what is latest official stance of hotel and corporate? (re the guilty verdict in second case.)

They are ignoring it, they are ignoring everything, no comments, but they are still blaming me.

and I still can't believe all this absurd is possible, but it is

Last edited by RichardInSF; Oct 3, 2018 at 10:34 pm Reason: consecutive posts by same member
Old Oct 3, 2018, 2:15 pm
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

independent of your case, six senses employs rapists.

Not worth the risk: my spouse is too good looking.

Recent episodes of shameless come to mind
Old Oct 3, 2018, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by DSI
independent of your case, six senses employs rapists.

Not worth the risk: my spouse is too good looking.

Recent episodes of shameless come to mind
The fact he tried to rape another woman became possible only because they did everything to release him on bail, they knew he is a rapist, because they saw all the evidences, but they still said they supported him.
offerendum likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Six Senses as a brand is the most vapid and morally bankrupt company I've ever seen. Zil Pasyon will probably not face justice but that banana republic will never see a tourism dollar of mine.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 1:05 pm

I started a petition, please read https://www.change.org/p/six-senses-...ape-six-senses

FT, I really need your support!

My name is Anna. I am a journalist and a single mother from Moscow.

On May 4th, 2017, I was brutally raped at knifepoint by a hotel employee at Six Senses Zil Pasyon hotel in the Seychelles while on a work trip.

I was attacked at night as I was sleeping in my room. I had never seen this person before. I don't know how he accessed my villa. The housekeeper said he had come to rape and kill me... I really thought I was going to die that night.

I managed to escape only after 2 hours. I was trying to get help for 40 minutes, running as fast as I could around the hotel premises, nobody was on guard. Finally I found a staff member and reported the rape to Six Senses management.

What happened after that was like being raped again.

Despite all the evidence the hotel owners are still trying to cover everything up.

The incident has affected me enormously. I am still on post traumatic therapy, but no justice has been served. In may 2017 the court released the rapist on bail and he was later reported to police for another attempted rape, and already found guilty of the rape attempt for this second case.

My case keeps being postponed, the evidence keeps disappearing, to me this is a clear case of a cover up. And what is most horrendous is that the owners and management keep victim blaming me for what had happened.

You’re a liar! A prostitute!” shouted at me defence attorney Basil Hoareau during the first hearing.

I demand Pegasus Capital Advisors, the owners of Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spa, to take responsibility, stop covering up the rape and ensure the full fair and transparent investigation into my case.

I urge that Pegasus Captial Advisors and Six Senses Hotels take the following actions:

1. Ensure full cooperation in bringing the perpetrator to justice and admitting full responsibility for the incident

2. Act as a responsible brand owner advocating for the security of guests and the reputation of hotel assets, inline with their approach of “Deep commitment to creating fundamental value and lasting impact for companies addressing sustainability and wellness”.

3. Introduce clear and obligatory procedures for Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spa management guiding both, employees and guests, on how to behave and what to do in case of a similar crisis.

Please sign my petition. We have time until February 23rd, when the next criminal court hearing of my case takes place. I really need as many people as possible to help me ensure they won't cancel or move it again.

God knows how many other women that men attacked and how many other rape cases Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spa covers up.

I am not a rich and famous Hollywood star or a multi-million dollar corporation that can afford an army of top lawyers. Nor do I have the rights and privileges of Western citizens. So when the hotel and Seychelles courts defame me as a Russian whore or KGB agent I feel powerless. But as much as they hope I will go away, I will not.

The #MeToo and #TimesUp movement has inspired me and given me strength and I'm here to say #TimesUp for raping women in hotels and pretending it never happened.

https://www.change.org/p/six-senses-...ape-six-senses

Last edited by RichardInSF; Jan 21, 2019 at 8:34 am Reason: Consecutive posts by same member
Old Jan 21, 2019, 8:36 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bumping.
LinLant and Omnis Si Mulier like this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:02 am

Bumping.
Thank you!
Old Feb 23, 2019, 12:27 am

I have no words
(Seychelles News Agency) - The Seychelles Supreme Court has ruled that there is no case to answer in the criminal case of a Mauritian man charged with sexual abuse for an alleged attack against a Russian travel writer at a resort last year.

The defence lawyer, Basil Hoareau, told SNA that he is very satisfied with the ruling as his client is now effectively acquitted on a no case to answer basis.

Hoareau said that it was clear that the case would go in this direction as there were too many grey areas in the evidence presented to the court by the complainant.

“As a lawyer you sometimes know when you are about to win a case. After cross-questioning the Russian traveller, I knew that her evidence was weak and did not add up,” said Hoareau.

The criminal case has been going on since May 2017. The Russian woman accused the Mauritian man who was working at Six Senses Zil Pasyon on Felicite Island of rape in an email to media houses in Seychelles, a group of 115 islands in the western Indian Ocean.

The Russian travel writer expressed her disappointment on the outcome of the ruling that the court has given to SNA via Facebook.

“I am very sorry for Seychelles. I see that corruption has won. I will look for a way to appeal even through the African Court of Human Rights,” said the writer.

She added that “this person should be in jail. He is a danger for society. I know that he really raped me and I cannot call this justice when someone like this is still out there on the loose.”

Although the Mauritian man is free of charge in the criminal case there is a civil case that remains before the Seychelles Supreme Court. This case is being heard by Chief Justice Mathilda Twomey.

Seychelles' top court dismisses charge of rape levied by Russian travel writer - Seychelles News Agency
Old Feb 23, 2019, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Disappointing. Just a sham of a trial and we're all sorry for you. I will never give that horrid country a single Euro in tourism money.
Omnis Si Mulier likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
Disappointing. Just a sham of a trial and we're all sorry for you. I will never give that horrid country a single Euro in tourism money.
Thank you!
I am heartbroken, even thought I expected this, they have no shame
Old Feb 23, 2019, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Omnis Si Mulier
Thank you!
I am heartbroken, even thought I expected this, they have no shame
Six Senses Zil Pasyon will live on in infamy on this website and hopefully the internet.
obscure2k and offerendum like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.