Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Live @ Six Senses Zil Pasyon. (Seychelles islands)

Live @ Six Senses Zil Pasyon. (Seychelles islands)

Old Nov 6, 2017, 4:15 am

They answered on TA, with this copy/paste answer, and it hurts me and make me sick again, though I read it before many times. What he wrote is simply not true! They had no security on guard that night, they hid the evidences, if they had fully cooperated with the police the man was not released and didn't commit another assault. The man felt fully protected by them so he never appeared to the police after he was released (and he had to) and he is in prison now only because he was caught naked in another women house at night. What kind of "findings" did they do? It really hurts...

Hilton H, General Manager at Six Senses Zil Pasyon, responded to this review
Responded 3 days ago
Dear Omnis M

Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas confirms that there was a report of an incident at our Seychelles resort which has been investigated by the police. Six Senses Zil Pasyon takes the safety and security of all of its guests extremely seriously. The resort has cooperated fully with the police.

We are eager to hear the ruling in this case and look forward to setting the record straight as there are great discrepancies between the claimant’s account and the resort’s findings. We wish that we could say more about the investigation today, but since the case is pending we are not at liberty to comment. Once a court decision has been reached, the resort looks forward to being able to more fully share with the public the facts it has on the case.

Hilton Hastings - General Manager
Show less
Old Nov 6, 2017, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Zil Pasyon will forever live in infamy on Flyertalk...
Omnis Si Mulier likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Aventine
Zil Pasyon will forever live in infamy on Flyertalk...
Indeed, at least here its a marketing disaster. Had many fans before opening, not many left.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by offerendum
Indeed, at least here its a marketing disaster. Had many fans before opening, not many left.
And I honestly hate to see this disaster, because it is being developed on my personal horror story. I am forced to keep asking all these questions, revoke all these memories, because I simply don't want them to cover the rape up. But I would be happy if they had just taken the responsibility, brought their apology, improved their security, if they had been humans, not animals or robots. It is now fail/fail situation.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

https://amp.jsonline.com/amp/817172001

Mobile link above but not a good look for Tripadvisor.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you Richard for correcting the thread resort title. Hopefully this attracts more attention and hits for Zil Pasyon on Google index now!
Old Nov 8, 2017, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by surftb15
https://amp.jsonline.com/amp/817172001

Mobile link above but not a good look for Tripadvisor.
I am sure they published my review because of this article!
Old Nov 11, 2017, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Read something interesting. Seems Tripadvisor is changing its strategy:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/08/t...imes&smtyp=cur

Times are changing....
Old Nov 11, 2017, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by offerendum
Read something interesting. Seems Tripadvisor is changing its strategy:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/08/t...imes&smtyp=cur

Times are changing....
I am really grateful to the Sentinel Journal's Raquel Rutledge and Andrew Mollica who did this investigation, I also grateful to Ronan Farrow and New York Times' Jodi Kantor and Megan Twohey. And, of course, to Flyer Talk moderators who allow the discussion in this thread.
They make these changes possible.

Last edited by Omnis Si Mulier; Nov 11, 2017 at 10:28 am
Old Nov 11, 2017, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Zil Pasyon deserves their Tripadvisor mark of shame...ha.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
Zil Pasyon deserves their Tripadvisor mark of shame...ha.
I also hope all the managers who are responsible for what happened to me that night - head of absent security, deceptive general manager, executive assistant manager who personally heard the man confession immediately after he was caught, and every other person taking part in cover up - will be held accountable. It is not just a name of the hotel, but there are people responsible.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 11:57 am

Thank you Raquel Rutlege for doing such an important job, thank you FT!

An investigation by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel — published Nov. 1 — revealed that TripAdvisor had deleted reports of rapes, blackouts and other injuries and deaths among travelers vacationing in Mexico.

Since then, dozens of more people who have traveled around the world have told the Journal Sentinel that TripAdvisor silenced their reports of disturbing, sometimes terrifying experiences.

The Federal Trade Commission is now looking into TripAdvisor’s business practices, according to a letter sent Friday to U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin (D-Wis.), who had urged the agency to take action.“The Commission has a strong interest in protecting consumer confidence in the online marketplace, including the robust online market for hotel and travel,” wrote Maureen Ohlhausen, acting chairman of the FTC. “When consumers are unable to post honest reviews about a business, it can harm other consumers whose abilities to make well-informed purchase decisions are hindered and harm businesses that work hard to earn positive reviews.”

On Monday, the president of the International Hotel & Restaurant Association in Geneva, Switzerland, told the Journal Sentinel his organization might come up with its own system of punishment for hotels and other establishments where serious injuries and deaths take place.

Over time TripAdvisor has updated this policy to allow more descriptive reviews on the site about first-hand accounts of serious incidents like rape or assault,“ Kaufer wrote in a post on LinkedIn. “When we were made aware that this user's post had been removed, we republished it in line with our current policy …”
Kaufer’s statement contradicts the experience a travel writer from Russia had after she tried to post a review describing how she was raped this year at knifepoint by a housekeeper at the upscale, exclusive Six Senses Zil Pasyon in Seychelles, an island off the east coast of Africa.

She tried in June and again in July to caution other travelers using TripAdvisor. Despite the criminal charges of sexual assault filed against the man, her attempts at posting her experience on TripAdvisor failed.
“I was looking for TripAdvisor people in Russia to give them my documentation,” said the woman, who asked that her name not be published because her son and parents don’t know what happened. “There was nobody to connect with and ask why they didn’t publish it. I write letters to general mail. I got nothing back.”

The Journal Sentinel confirmed her report through legal documents and with interviews. The man’s trial is scheduled for next month.

A spokesman for Bangkok-based Six Senses said in an email the resort is cooperating with the investigation: “We are eager to hear the ruling in this case and look forward to setting the record straight as there are great discrepancies in the claimant’s account.”

A TripAdvisor spokesman said the company did not initially publish the woman’s review because she didn’t respond to a verification email and then tried to post from a different email address.

TripAdvisor published the woman’s review Nov. 1 — the day the Journal Sentinel published its investigation.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/...orl/884167001/
surftb15 likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 12:05 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Omnis Si Mulier
Over time TripAdvisor has updated this policy to allow more descriptive reviews on the site about first-hand accounts of serious incidents like rape or assault, Kaufer wrote in a post on LinkedIn. When we were made aware that this user's post had been removed, we republished it in line with our current policy
Kaufers statement contradicts the experience a travel writer from Russia had after she tried to post a review describing how she was raped this year at knifepoint by a housekeeper at the upscale, exclusive Six Senses Zil Pasyon in Seychelles, an island off the east coast of Africa.

She tried in June and again in July to caution other travelers using TripAdvisor. Despite the criminal charges of sexual assault filed against the man, her attempts at posting her experience on TripAdvisor failed.
I was looking for TripAdvisor people in Russia to give them my documentation, said the woman, who asked that her name not be published because her son and parents dont know what happened. There was nobody to connect with and ask why they didnt publish it. I write letters to general mail. I got nothing back.

The Journal Sentinel confirmed her report through legal documents and with interviews. The mans trial is scheduled for next month.
Well done. Your persistence is finally yielding results - and hopefully, consequences.
surftb15 likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Well done. Your persistence is finally yielding results - and hopefully, consequences.
With your support!
surftb15 likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

That is amazing! Good work Omnis!!!

Also the Journal spent time to corroborate your story:

The Journal Sentinel confirmed her report through legal documents and with interviews. The man’s trial is scheduled for next month.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.