Reload this Page >

Help me choose 3 days in AUH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help me choose 3 days in AUH

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2018, 4:26 pm

I ended up booking the Four Seasons based on the recommendations here. I mainly want to lounge in the pool all day, hope it's not too small. The pictures really don't show how large it is.

I booked the Virtuoso rate, let's see what kind of upgrade I will get.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by spideysense
I ended up booking the Four Seasons based on the recommendations here. I mainly want to lounge in the pool all day, hope it's not too small. The pictures really don't show how large it is.
Pool is large enough for lounging and dipping in between sun. Decent poolside service.
I booked the Virtuoso rate, let's see what kind of upgrade I will get.
Seems to be strictly 1-category for Virtuoso so book at least the category below what you want as a minimum.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by reigndrop

on what basis are you making that comment?

breakfast: crust vs Aqua = push
rooms = four seasons because it’s newer
Views = rosewood, views of al maryah, Saadiyat and the louvre from water facing rooms
pool = rosewood, much larger, more chairs and more shaded areas. There’s a solarium for more sun if that’s what you crave
food and beverage = slightly nod to four seasons with butcher and still and cafe Milano although to be honest between rosewood and four seasons, choices each offer complement the islands offerings
Brunch: four seasons, small but quality offering with kid friendly activities, Rosewood is high quality but less desirable options

both hotels are quite equal, you won’t be disappointed with either and anyone will be happy with whichever one they choose
From having stayed at both.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 1:36 pm

FS is newer but I find many aspects of the interior/decor awkward and somewhat puzzling - Rosewood decor is more soothing and comfortable. I certainly wouldn't say that they are "barely comparable".

The fact that Rosewood is often 60-70% of the FS rate doesn't hurt either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.