Best FS Properties

Old Mar 17, 2017, 3:06 pm

Programs: Virtuoso
Of the ones I have stayed at our toured, the one that really blew me away was the FS Dubai at Jumeirah Beach.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 3:11 pm

There was a thread on FS Geneva that recently suggested that it may perhaps be the best FS property in Europe (i.e. better than George V Paris). Looks stunning -- and I love hotels with a low room count -- but it asks for an arm and a leg. Has anyone stayed there recently?
Old Mar 17, 2017, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
What is a typical FS décor, I wonder?.
The FS hotels build in the 90s have often the same decor including the sheets.

Agree re FS Scotsdale
Old Mar 17, 2017, 7:25 pm

Programs: MS AMEX PLAT- Marriott Titanium-HH G- UA Silver-JPM RC . DL-AA-BA
Originally Posted by DetailsIM
FS Maui - for us it was our first luxury hotel. The serenity pool is hard to beat.

FS Boston - Great service. Two examples:

One time we arrived and the wife was sick. Waiter at the Bristol where we had lunch sent up a pot of tea to the room. He saw us the next day and asked how she was feeling.

Second example: We were there in the winter and it was freezing out. We had parked our car in the garage at the public garden. As we were checking out the gentleman behind the counter asked if we needed a car service. We said no we were parked across the way. He went to get the person who drives the house car. He wasn't to be found (perhaps quick break). So he got the keys himself and drove us over to our car so we didn't have to walk in the blistering cold.
A few little things like that add up to a great hotel experience. Several years ago we were there over Independence day, the staff set up cookies and tea and lemonade around the pool area which offered a great view of the fireworks. They even had a radio with the music that went along with the show. There were probably about 25 people there and by the time it was over it was like a family gathering.^
Old Mar 18, 2017, 8:04 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by bhrubin
Baltimore, stayed here and love its simplicity, modernity, service, and location
Gotta agree with you there.. I've had a number of stays at this location and they only get better.... Very clean modern lines and great spa/pool.. I'ld wager that it's the only city FS that I've been to that qualifies as an urban resort...

FDW
Old Mar 19, 2017, 2:21 am

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by Travel K
Of the ones I have stayed at our toured, the one that really blew me away was the FS Dubai at Jumeirah Beach.
Agree, we love Dubai JB, have had 2 lovely family vacations there.

We have had multiple excellent stays at London Park Lane and Hong Kong, and enjoyed Kuda Huraa. Also (at odds with many here) we have had great experiences at Hualalai, but staying in a house on property with a big group of friends and family, so a different type of trip.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

re hualalai reports here, recent years saw increases in residential occupancy during holidays/peak, seems some staff leaving and possible cost cutting, Valveking and others also rented residences, which have raised fees

HK may be similar to baltimore, though different view
bosphorus and especially florence are less 'urban'
Old Mar 19, 2017, 11:22 am

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, RC STARS, Rosewood Elite, Bellini, SPG LP, Dorchester Diamond, PenClub
Some of my favorites in the US are Santa Fe, Lanai, Scottsdale, and Boston. I tend to prefer smaller properties as a general rule.

I appreciate the consistency in the FS service product overall, and I love the app. If all else was equal between two hotels, one being a FS, the app would sway me in their direction every time.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 1:28 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
I've only been to FS in Asia and a few in the US - my favorites are Pudong, Chiang Mai, and Guangzhou.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 6:33 pm

Programs: UA GS
Favorites:

NYC Downtown (really great property)
Budapest
Hualalai
Old Mar 21, 2017, 2:53 pm
Original Member

I meant to say earlier that I am a fan of the FS Ranch Encantado just outside Santa Fe in New Mexico.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 2:51 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by DRC1985
Favorites:

NYC Downtown (really great property)
Budapest
Hualalai
Hualalai in theory is wonderful. The physical plant (sorry, hard product) is exceptional and delightful. In practice, the delight attenuates very quickly when occupancy goes over 70% which is most of the time. Do not stay over any holiday whatsoever and avoid summer.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by Travel K
Impressive how much love FS Dubai gets here (and I agree!) -- interesting though how they are still changing and evolving the concept.

In addition to Mercury, they now opened Sababa Lounge, located on GF next to Suq's terrace. A neomodern structure that offers F&B, as well as entertainment. From what I gather this is another night-clubbish enhancement of the resort: their very own and successful Mercury, Provocateur on the premises and now Sababa in the heart of the resort. The latter seems to be independently managed as well. I am unsure if this is a temporary offering ('pop up lounge') or permanent, might depend on its success if they renew the contract.

I really wonder now about noise-pollution and impact for guests who go to bed early. Provocateur is in a purpose-built facility and soundproofed accordingly, no worries here. However there have been some reports and complaints about noise from Mercury at night, especially on higher floors. Now people on lower floors might be impacted by this new venue, especially due to location. They have to realize there is a certain line they should not cross as a resort.

Seems they are trying to keep the resort popular with the locals. Not that it wouldn't be immensely popular anyway, especially right after opening. With these new offerings they keep the momentum going for sure, although it is an interesting direction. So many Emirati glitterati at the opening party.

Also new: their 'Brunch Boat' (on a yacht), catering for private parties,...
Old Mar 23, 2017, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by scented
Impressive how much love FS Dubai gets here (and I agree!) -- interesting though how they are still changing and evolving the concept.

In addition to Mercury, they now opened Sababa Lounge, located on GF next to Suq's terrace. A neomodern structure that offers F&B, as well as entertainment. From what I gather this is another night-clubbish enhancement of the resort: their very own and successful Mercury, Provocateur on the premises and now Sababa in the heart of the resort. The latter seems to be independently managed as well. I am unsure if this is a temporary offering ('pop up lounge') or permanent, might depend on its success if they renew the contract.

I really wonder now about noise-pollution and impact for guests who go to bed early. Provocateur is in a purpose-built facility and soundproofed accordingly, no worries here. However there have been some reports and complaints about noise from Mercury at night, especially on higher floors. Now people on lower floors might be impacted by this new venue, especially due to location. They have to realize there is a certain line they should not cross as a resort.

Seems they are trying to keep the resort popular with the locals. Not that it wouldn't be immensely popular anyway, especially right after opening. With these new offerings they keep the momentum going for sure, although it is an interesting direction. So many Emirati glitterati at the opening party.

Also new: their 'Brunch Boat' (on a yacht), catering for private parties,...
I suspect that now Leonardo Baiocchi has taken over as GM, the party scene will increase, as he loves this sort of thing - but then, he does run a very good hotel, as we saw from FS Bosphorus.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by scented
We checked into the FS Dubai a few hours ago and just went to drinks / snacks at Mercury. What a scene on a Thursday night - we felt quite out of place even as "hip" 20-somethings. Prices were even higher than NYC, but I think that I am possibly the only person in the entire bar that even looked at prices on the menu.

On first impressions, our room is absolutely beautiful and extremely comfortable. One of the best layouts I've been in, and everything is in pristine condition. I can see why this is a favorite of many.

We are here for 3 nights so will update with impressions at a later point. Unfortunately the weather calls for rain starting tomorrow morning for the rest of our stay.

EDIT: We are on the 4th floor in a Premier Sea View room and at 12:30am on a Thursday, the most busy night of the week, our room is absolutely silent.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.