Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Travel&Dining

Luxury Hotels and Travel

Taj Campton Place - San Francisco

Taj Campton Place - San Francisco

Old Sep 1, 21, 3:25 pm

From the Taj website:

A mandatory daily Hotel Facility Fee of $30.00 ($34.88 taxes included) covers the following value-added amenities: Premium Wi-Fi access for up to 5 devices, Local and domestic long distance phone calls within North America (including Canada and Mexico), Unlimited access to PressReader with over 6500 global newspapers and magazines, Morning coffee, tea & pastries in the lobby (weekdays 6:30am-9:30am, weekends 7am-10am), In-room bottled water (2 bottles per day), In-room Nespresso coffee (up to 4 pods per day). (*Taxes are subject to change as per applicable laws or government policies.)
This is cringeworthy...
RichardInSF and WasKnown like this.
Old Sep 2, 21, 9:00 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by view View Post
From the Taj website:

This is cringeworthy...
You're right. I presume the offering of PressReader means they won't deliver a real newspaper, which makes it more a negative than a value-added service.
offerendum likes this.

Last edited by RichardInSF; Sep 2, 21 at 9:06 am
Old Sep 2, 21, 9:59 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by hermitw View Post
agree. This is why I think it may be waived.
They wanted $2.50 from a FTer about 4 years ago for a Nespresso pod. Enough said.
WasKnown and offerendum like this.
Old Sep 4, 21, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by view View Post
From the Taj website:

This is cringeworthy...
Laughable. And I doubt they get better response than they would get if they simply take 30 more for the room.

Last edited by offerendum; Sep 4, 21 at 6:06 pm
Old Sep 6, 21, 8:11 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, & Hong Kong (As a United Lifetime Global Services)
Programs: *LIFETIME* United Global Services (rip 1K), Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
That fee is ridiculous.

Honestly though, the pricing for this hotel is so low rn and the product seems to match. Is this the right forum for this hotel?
Old Sep 6, 21, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by WasKnown View Post
That fee is ridiculous.

Honestly though, the pricing for this hotel is so low rn and the product seems to match. Is this the right forum for this hotel?
I'm inclined to agree. I know this thread has been here a long time but I am tempted to move it to the more general San Fran forum. Will give it a few days -- if anyone thinks moving it is wrong, speak now or forever hold your peace.

RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels and travel
WasKnown likes this.
Old Sep 7, 21, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by RichardInSF View Post
I'm inclined to agree. I know this thread has been here a long time but I am tempted to move it to the more general San Fran forum. Will give it a few days -- if anyone thinks moving it is wrong, speak now or forever hold your peace.

For me Taj belongs to the group of Luxury hotel brands. I never search for hotels in the destination forum as I trust the people here, so I think something would be missing. And if only as a warning that this is not the place to stay.
obscure2k likes this.

Last edited by offerendum; Sep 7, 21 at 4:07 pm
Old Sep 8, 21, 9:19 am

I agree the thread should stay here. It's a Virtuoso and Amex FHR property, even if not the finest in those portfolios, and it represent very good value at a near-luxury standard in the better rooms, at least.
obscure2k likes this.
Old Sep 8, 21, 7:58 pm

OK, I'll leave it. But not all Taj hotels are luxury. Their London property, the one that is a regular hotel (not all suite), definitely isn't.
WasKnown and offerendum like this.
Old Sep 12, 21, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by WasKnown View Post
That fee is ridiculous.

How about comparing to the palace from marriott?
Old Sep 12, 21, 8:19 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, & Hong Kong (As a United Lifetime Global Services)
Programs: *LIFETIME* United Global Services (rip 1K), Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hermitw View Post
How about comparing to the palace from marriott?
Definitely seems comparable to the Palace in terms of pricing. Couldnt tell you how the products compare but its not obvious to me that either property is luxury.

The introduction of the SF Rosewood will be nice whenever it opens. Until then, the only credible options are the FS on Market and the St. Regis. Rosewood Menlo Park is excellent for people that need to go to South Bay.
Old Nov 6, 22, 11:38 am
DTS

Programs: LH FTL, AS MVP Gold, IHG Plat
Any recent experiences? Worth burning my $200 Amex Plat annual credit there? (Alternative would be the Palace).
Old Nov 6, 22, 4:09 pm

Programs: SPG GOLD
Originally Posted by DTS View Post
Any recent experiences? Worth burning my $200 Amex Plat annual credit there? (Alternative would be the Palace).
We liked the Palace when staying in 2019. It wasn't true luxury but the bar area was nice and staff were friendly.
Old Nov 6, 22, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by DTS View Post
Haven't been to either in about five years but I would pick the Palace over the Taj any day. The Palace is less intimate but I always found Taj service lacking. Plus Palace is generally pretty good about upgrades if they aren't full.
Old Nov 6, 22, 9:18 pm

It's much delayed but when we start comparing a place to the Palace, it's very, very clear to me that we are not talking about a luxury hotel.

Rather than move this thread after all these years, I'm just going to close it.

KatW and United747 like this.

Search this Thread