Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2017, 7:37 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
there is not really a demographic here, more 'psychographics'/styles

a few of us choose to spend more on a very reduced amount of travel

recap re 2. >
Completely agree, I'm 99.99999999% sure I do not fit the demographics of most of the posters here. I just decide to spend more on luxury hotels and save elsewhere.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by United747
Completely agree, I'm 99.99999999% sure I do not fit the demographics of most of the posters here. I just decide to spend more on luxury hotels and save elsewhere.
there is not really a "most" (not to mention extremely international)

this forum spends way above average for income, whatever the income is, whether lower income or higher income
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:39 am

there is not really a "most" (not to mention extremely international)

this forum spends way above average for income, whatever the income is, whether lower income or higher income
I should say stereotypical poster
Old Jan 12, 2017, 11:28 am

there is not really a demographic here, more 'psychographics'/styles

a few of us choose to spend more on a very reduced amount of travel

recap re 2. >
^
When I joined FT I was not daring to post anything as I felt I did not belong. And I'm far less wealthy than most here. Actually I take a suburban train to come to the office every day

I still love reading and looking at pictures here, and I don't see the need for any change soon.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 2:27 pm

Programs: Skymiles Plat/1MM, United Prem, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
Very much agree with aa213bb's comments, but also with Kage's regarding the "type" of the posters here. I don't know you all personally, but appreciate - and am entertained and educated by - the vast amount of combined travel knowledge that exists here. And for a specific type of travel that I personally choose to spend money on.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 9:52 am

Please do not change anything - this is the only forum I read/post on and I love it exactly the way it is.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Please do not change anything - this is the only forum I read/post on and I love it exactly the way it is.
This is quickly becoming my favorite as well!
Old Jan 14, 2017, 1:01 am

Programs: Amanjunkie
Please leave it the way it is. This forum has been a tremendously helpful source when planning our trips, no other place like this exists. As this forum is very small compared to the hotel loyalty forums, I fear that it will be completely swamped with unfitting content and thus lose its character and in the end all the regular contributors who make this a unique and cherished community.

A big thank you to all who contributed in the past years, it has made our travel so much more enjoyable.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 6:47 pm

As the old saying goes "Don't try to fix what's not broken"!!!
Old Jan 15, 2017, 12:29 am

Putting this in the hotel forum would not be the end of the world for me but I do prefer it here since it doesn't really fit well with the other side. The one change I would like to see is to expand this forum to include other luxury travel experiences. In the last few years, I have done luxury barge cruise, driving trips and hopefully some train travel in the not so distant future as well. Problem is all of these won't fit under a luxury hotel forum but these would be the types of experiences that I wish we can have discussions about. Not sure what the right name would be but something along the line of luxury accommodation or luxury travel?
Old Jan 15, 2017, 2:08 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by HKTraveler
Putting this in the hotel forum would not be the end of the world for me but I do prefer it here since it doesn't really fit well with the other side. The one change I would like to see is to expand this forum to include other luxury travel experiences. In the last few years, I have done luxury barge cruise, driving trips and hopefully some train travel in the not so distant future as well. Problem is all of these won't fit under a luxury hotel forum but these would be the types of experiences that I wish we can have discussions about. Not sure what the right name would be but something along the line of luxury accommodation or luxury travel?
I agree. Luxury Travel works for me.

We've barged, too, on the ultra deluxe Renaissance (Loire Valley) and Fleur de Lys (Burgundy).
Old Jan 15, 2017, 3:25 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by HKTraveler
It is so easy to overlook the description of the Luxury Hotels Forum, but here it is: Discussion regarding the very best luxury properties around the world as well as luxury train, private air charter, and luxury guide service.
O2K
Mod
Old Jan 15, 2017, 3:54 pm
Original Member

Ah, thank you. Perhaps a forum name edit is needed as well.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 10:04 am
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

I've rarely seen such unanimity on FlyerTalk. This forum will stay right where it is. Thank you for your help in determining that.

I've just added cruises to the forum description:

Discussion regarding the very best luxury properties around the world as well as luxury train, cruises, private air charter, and luxury guide service..

Is there anything more we should add to the description? Someone mentioned wanting to discuss private villa rental. Inspirato is one face of that. Are there other topics where this is the natural home?

It's easy to overlook the description, and the title implies that the forum is only about hotels. Should we change the title? Is it as easy as changing it to Luxury Travel? We have a Budget Travel forum where all things economical travel are discussed, and this would be at the opposite end of the scale. Is there a better descriptor? Or do we say it's just fine as it is?
Old Jan 16, 2017, 12:09 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I've rarely seen such unanimity on FlyerTalk. This forum will stay right where it is. Thank you for your help in determining that.

I've just added cruises to the forum description:

Discussion regarding the very best luxury properties around the world as well as luxury train, cruises, private air charter, and luxury guide service..

Is there anything more we should add to the description? Someone mentioned wanting to discuss private villa rental. Inspirato is one face of that. Are there other topics where this is the natural home?

It's easy to overlook the description, and the title implies that the forum is only about hotels. Should we change the title? Is it as easy as changing it to Luxury Travel? We have a Budget Travel forum where all things economical travel are discussed, and this would be at the opposite end of the scale. Is there a better descriptor? Or do we say it's just fine as it is?
I say "it's just fine as it is."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.