Reload this Page >

New Aman, Azerai, GHM & Ahn Luh Resorts - 2017 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Aman, Azerai, GHM & Ahn Luh Resorts - 2017 edition

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2017, 2:00 am

I read a post on an Instagram account called "@zecharesorts" in which said that Amanusa will be closed permanently with the last operating date of 28 February 2018.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by bhawono
I read a post on an Instagram account called "@zecharesorts" in which said that Amanusa will be closed permanently with the last operating date of 28 February 2018.
I heard about this and really hoped it wouldn't be more than simply a rumor.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 4:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Direct link here:

Any confirmation from insiders here?

EDIT: It does look like Aman has pulled all non-villas from the reservation system as of 2/28.

Last edited by callmedtop; Dec 21, 2017 at 4:43 am
Old Dec 21, 2017, 7:10 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Now that the rumours are circulating, yes I have it from a good source a while back that it will close down as you can also guess from the lack of any reservations post March 2018.

Last edited by chinmoylad; Dec 21, 2017 at 7:16 am
Old Dec 21, 2017, 7:18 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by chinmoylad
Without saying too much, now that the rumours are circulating, yes I have it from a good source a while back that it will close down as you can also guess from the lack of any reservations post March 2018.
Originally Posted by scented
I heard about this and really hoped it wouldn't be more than simply a rumor.
Originally Posted by callmedtop
Direct link here: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bc4Xa0XAfnT/

Any confirmation from insiders here?

EDIT: It does look like Aman has pulled all non-villas from the reservation system as of 2/28.
It is extremely sad but true , things are being finalised by the locals ..
The villas are ok .
Old Dec 21, 2017, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by FlyerEC

It is extremely sad but true , things are being finalised by the locals ..
The villas are ok .
The question is: Why?
Old Dec 21, 2017, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

who was owner, and what is happening to it?

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Dec 22, 2017 at 11:31 am
Old Dec 21, 2017, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
who was owner, and what is happening to it?

31 rooms, wonder if possible to do FT gathering before / right after closure
It is built on a rented land owned by the government. The land is part of resort complex that hosts various luxury hotels including St. Regis and Club Med
Old Dec 21, 2017, 11:38 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by scented
The question is: Why?
Probably preferred AZ at helm , “ lease “ was not extended ..

Better visit more Amans which may go same direction
Old Dec 22, 2017, 2:40 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Hmm this sounds like a mess.. wonder if the government was trying to play hardball with the lease terms... the Bali Amans were unique in that is seemed that they were subject to pricing pressures because of the vast array of other luxury options... I think the rates inBali have actually gone down from my visit; in contrary to all the other Amans I've looked at... And, how do they come to terms with the villas still being open with the hotel being closed? I'm sure part of the allure of purchasing a villa was the available hotel amenities... Must be a real headache...

FDW
bhrubin likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Hmm this sounds like a mess.. wonder if the government was trying to play hardball with the lease terms... the Bali Amans were unique in that is seemed that they were subject to pricing pressures because of the vast array of other luxury options... I think the rates inBali have actually gone down from my visit; in contrary to all the other Amans I've looked at... And, how do they come to terms with the villas still being open with the hotel being closed? I'm sure part of the allure of purchasing a villa was the available hotel amenities... Must be a real headache...

FDW
Bali in general isn’t what it used to be. I still love Kila, Chedi Club and Como but clearly the honeymoon is over, as Bali is headed downmarket. I wonder what MO were thinking when they announced a project there — I understand these projects have huge lead times but the direction of the Bali hospitality was very clear, even back then. A clear case of a desperate attempt to broaden footprint and expand the brand, no matter where and at what price.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 3:27 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by FlyerEC

Probably preferred AZ at helm , “ lease “ was not extended ..

Better visit more Amans which may go same direction
Nah, nothing to do with that - I wouldn't worry about that.

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu

FDW
Yep - I think they were thinking that bringing prices down from USD 700-950 for entry level rooms down to about 500 (USD 700 for barely a couple of weeks a year) would drive up occupancy. Hasn't happened at Amanusa.

It's a tough market like that - Phuket is similar but has survived, but Phuket also lacks options relatively speaking in the same range as Amanpuri, whereas Bali (despite agreements/disagreements on some of the Amans being superior or not) clearly have plenty of really good alternatives, or at the very least alternatives that are extremely good value for money. It's a tough, tough market and only going to get tougher with more and more hotels opening.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 9:25 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
New Aman Costa Rica opening. Great for us in North America! This is a direct flight away for me.

Here is the hotel website: http://amancostarica.com/ (looks like there will be for sale residences too)

Here is the teaser on Aman corporate site: https://www.aman.com/resorts/costa-rica

Here is a nice video on the land I found.

Here is the Aman video:
FlyingDoctorwu and bhrubin like this.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 9:40 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
New Aman Costa Rica opening. Great for us in North America! This is a direct flight away for me.

Here is the hotel website: Aman Costa Rica // Ultra-Luxury Meets Pura Vida (looks like there will be for sale residences too)

Here is the teaser on Aman corporate site: https://www.aman.com/resorts/costa-rica

Here is a nice video on the land I found. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g08criXrT8

Here is the Aman video: https://vimeo.com/247623839
Interestingly, there is a Westin Playa Conchal all-inclusive golf and spa resort there already, with a W Playa Conchal Resort expected to open in 2019. With me being a fan of remote location Ws, that’s been on my radar already.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

nusa - operating as hotel? closing to public? tearing down? is there an owner or not?
if no owner (yet) i guess decision is pending transfer of leasehold / whatever

costa rica - room/residence count? is there master plan / how close to other hotels?
hopefully here https://www.google.com/maps/place/Pl...!4d-85.8116618

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Dec 22, 2017 at 10:20 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.