Search

Egypt Nile cruise

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2017, 4:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Centurion, VS Gold, BA Gold
Egypt Nile cruise

Hi folks,

Has anyone done one of these recently? I'm considering a cruise in the Oberoi Zahra (http://www.oberoihotels.com/nile-cruise-zahra/) for us and my elderly parents.

thanks
Old Jan 7, 2017, 4:35 am

It's my understanding that very few Nile cruises are currently operating because of the security situation in Egypt. If you are happy with the security threat the great advantage is that you will have very few tourists on the river and at the major archaeological sites.

We went to Egypt shortly after a tourist massacre at one of the temples and on our A&K boat there were only seven passengers.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 4:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Centurion, VS Gold, BA Gold
Yes, in the Independent newspaper review last year the reporter was the only person on board...
Old Jan 7, 2017, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by Pausanias
... the great advantage is that you will have very few tourists on the river and at the major archaeological sites.
And you can ask for a significant discount I bet.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by erik123
And you can ask for a significant discount I bet.
Itīs not easy to reach from many countries but prices are totally down.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.