Reload this Page >

vatu vara - super expensive fiji

Old Jan 1, 2017, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

ultravilla.com/vatuvara-private-islands-encourages-fiji-visits/

extend our Opening Special Rate to the end of December 2016. This rate was originally valid until March 31, 2016.

Delana $6,118.75
Vatu $4,437.50
Saku $4,350.00
3 villas, 2 restaurants, not sure re details/diving

island has 1,000 foot tall summit (climb/trek?)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jan 2, 2017 at 9:59 am
Old Jan 1, 2017, 6:27 pm

Friends I met at North Island looked into this place, but just felt that it was so empty that it would feel like a ghost town. So they're going to Laucala instead, which will be so empty that it will feel like a ghost town.

Seeing that they were given these rates, that is some discounting they're offering. I wonder if they go back to the below on the 1st April still.

I am pleased to offer you the following rates for your dates 1st - 10th April 2017.

Villa Delana USD$12,240.00 per night
Villa Vatu USD$ 8855.00 per night
Villa Saku USD$ 8699.00 per night
Old Jan 1, 2017, 7:52 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by MacMyDay
Friends I met at North Island looked into this place, but just felt that it was so empty that it would feel like a ghost town. So they're going to Laucala instead, which will be so empty that it will feel like a ghost town.

Seeing that they were given these rates, that is some discounting they're offering. I wonder if they go back to the below on the 1st April still.
We were 11 days on Laucala in September and it was no ghost town to be sure. I grant your experience may have been different.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 9:21 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by MacMyDay

There was mention of hurricane damage to the island (in the link from Kage). Perhaps the damage to the grounds is fairly severe -- they more or less admit that -- and that accounts for the discounts?
Old Jun 24, 2019, 3:07 pm

We dropped by here yesterday for a show around and lunch, as it's only a 15 minute flight from Laucala. The initial plan was to stay 3 nights, but we managed to lose the booking whilst finalising nights as someone else came in and took them.

The damage to the hotel was extreme, so they had to shut for 2 years and almost rebuild the entire property. Rates are now similar to their introduction rates noted above. As some thoughts:
  • I would only book Vatu or Delaine villas, as the difference from Saku felt quite extreme, but...
  • Delaine may be the most beautiful villas I have ever seen. It is exactly what I thought Kokomo would have been, when all their publicity spoke of $100m spends and ultra-luxury. The private pool is about the same size as most resorts pool, the views are spectacular, the amount of internal and exterior space is great, it has its own spa area and kitchen that is absolutely packed with all your preferences. Then add in that the pool can be heated to 39C and they have an indoor jacuzzi. It made coming back to our Laucala villa feel like returning to the YMCA.
  • Vatu is also incredibly beautiful and has the largest of the outdoor balconies, yet is the only villa without a private beach. It does have a beach right next to it, but it can be shared, although seeing that the other 2 villas have their own private beach, you feel the only reason someone else would use it would just be to annoy you.
  • It is super all inclusive, meaning even diving and spa treatments are included, although only 2 masseurs are on the island, so you will need to plan it well if there are other guests. As children are not allowed except during a buyout, there should only ever be a maximum of 6 guests on the island, so you should be ok.
  • I was not a fan of the limited food menu, which is restricted to a starter, choice of mains and dessert for lunch. They do have the philosophy of making you whatever you want, but it felt too much like an African safari camp by having that initial restriction. I'm not a fan of not having a menu, and both Iniala and North Island ultimately got rid of the same idea.

Whilst they have motorised sports, a 4 hole golf course and offer day trips, it felt more like a resort that you spend in your villa. This differs to Laucala, where the activities is so vast that we rarely feel a need to be here (except as I write this). It's impossible to judge an entire property from a 3 hour look around and lunch, but I was very impressed by what I saw. I would not come all the way to Fiji just to stay here, but I would be happy to combine it for a 2-3 nights with Laucala to experience something different. I wish I had the time to photograph the villas, as they were truly astonishing and with everything being all-inclusive, it's really not bad value for money either.
SanDiego1K and bhrubin like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.