Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Cheval Blanc SBH Bought Taiwana (St. Barts, Caribbean)

Old Dec 23, 16, 6:37 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Cheval Blanc SBH bought Taiwana next door & is closing it to start renovations in March (much needed!!). Interesting development for St. Barths.
Old May 8, 17, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Has anyone stayed at CB St-Barth? Considering a stay here but haven't found much of anything on FT. I am looking for mid-April and the website didn't have anything available in 2018 whatsoever until late-April, but I called and they were able to quote me a price. Unfortunately it is 2x the price compared to just two weeks later on the website. Clearly not an ideal time to be traveling for the budget-aware!

Any impressions would be great. Is this property as "stuffy" as the reputation the Maldives CB has? I would imagine so considering its location / clientele /positioning.

Rates are the same as Amanyara, though the latter is offering full board.

Last edited by callmedtop; May 8, 17 at 12:37 pm
Old May 8, 17, 1:00 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, RC STARS, Rosewood Elite, Bellini, SPG LP, Dorchester Diamond, PenClub
The week of April 15 is school vacation for public K-12 schools in Massachusetts (among others). There is usually one more week after that of school vacations from elsewhere, and then there is a sweet spot until college graduations/ end of semester. Hotels are savvy to these dates and price accordingly.

The good news is that Easter will be on April 1 in 2018, so that should free up some beach vacation availability at the end of the month since Semana Santa will occur earlier - this year the dates aligned for the perfect holiday storm
Old May 8, 17, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Edited. Thanks!

Originally Posted by luxtrvlwrks View Post
The week of April 15 is school vacation for public K-12 schools in Massachusetts (among others). There is usually one more week after that of school vacations from elsewhere, and then there is a sweet spot until college graduations/ end of semester. Hotels are savvy to these dates and price accordingly.

The good news is that Easter will be on April 1 in 2018, so that should free up some beach vacation availability at the end of the month since Semana Santa will occur earlier - this year the dates aligned for the perfect holiday storm
Old May 8, 17, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA Premier Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by callmedtop View Post
Has anyone stayed at CB St-Barth? Considering a stay here but haven't found much of anything on FT. I am looking for mid-April and the website didn't have anything available in 2018 whatsoever until late-April, but I called and they were able to quote me a price. Unfortunately it is 2x the price compared to just two weeks later on the website. Clearly not an ideal time to be traveling for the budget-aware!

Any impressions would be great. Is this property as "stuffy" as the reputation the Maldives CB has? I would imagine so considering its location / clientele /positioning.

Rates are the same as Amanyara, though the latter is offering full board.
I have not stayed there, but I have had drinks at the beach bar and a spa treatment. I did not fund the resort stuffy at all. The whole island is pretty relaxed (I was not there over New Years...). I thought the beach was fantastic. The spa treatment was ok, not the best, but I imagine probably one of the better ones on the island.
Old May 8, 17, 10:22 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | SPG | Hyatt Prive
Also look at Il Sereno.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: