Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Best Choice in Jakarta?

Best Choice in Jakarta?

Old Apr 6, 2018, 6:42 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Jakarta is a great venue for luxury hotel stays, as long as one doesn't mind the traffic and prepare to spend most of the time in the hotel enjoying the facilities. A slew of new hotels are coming up in the next two years in the capital city, including a soon to open Alila, a new Park Hyatt, a St Regis, a Wardolf Astoria and the Intercontinental.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 5:18 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Hello,

Have two stopovers out & back and the hotel's nearer the airport don't excite me but I also don't want to be doing 1.5hr+ in taxis each way each stopover.

How long does it take from airport to The Ritz-Carlton Jakarta, Mega Kuningan at about 6pm and 7pm ?

And from The Ritz-Carlton Jakarta, Mega Kuningan to the airport about 7am (0940 flight) and also at 9am ? (for midday flight)

Thinking the Ritz Mega Kuningan, the Pullman Central Park or if reports are that traffic is utterly dreadful then I might go for the Novotel Tangerang (40mins by taxi according to google maps) or the 20 minutes to the Mercure Pantai Indah Kapukalthough but I'd rather do the Ritz or the Pullman obviously :-)

Last edited by Sisyphus1carus; Aug 14, 2018 at 5:44 pm
Old Aug 14, 2018, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I’d personally choose the Raffles over the Fairmont and the two RC, let alone the MO, any time. The service feels a lot more elegant and personalised.

that said given traffic in Jakarta, i’d recommend choosing whatever location works best for you over anything else.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 11:52 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Thanks very much.
Decided to keep it simple and get a suite at the Mercure linked to the PIK mall.
Was tempted by the airport hotel operated by Accor but wanted to be sure there'd be plenty of things to do outside the hotel and also avoid plane noise.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 11:21 am

Sorry for bumping this old thread, but I am looking for advice re Jakarta hotels. Proximity to shopping, dining, and nightlife are important, but most of all I require comfortable accommodation and good F&B at the hotel.

Off hand I am looking at Ritz-Carlton Pacific Place, Raffles, and Four Seasons.

I also have been looking at the Kempinski, Luxury Collection, and Westin. A friend has recommended Pullman Central Park on the basis of its location. A suite there looks acceptable if I choose that location, but I am hoping to to find something more high end.

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Oct 21, 2018 at 12:39 pm
Old Oct 21, 2018, 4:17 pm

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Sorry for bumping this old thread, but I am looking for advice re Jakarta hotels. Proximity to shopping, dining, and nightlife are important, but most of all I require comfortable accommodation and good F&B at the hotel.

Off hand I am looking at Ritz-Carlton Pacific Place, Raffles, and Four Seasons.

I also have been looking at the Kempinski, Luxury Collection, and Westin. A friend has recommended Pullman Central Park on the basis of its location. A suite there looks acceptable if I choose that location, but I am hoping to to find something more high end.
MO used to be one of the better options about 5 or so years ago but I hear it's a bit tired these days but top location.

Kempinski is in pretty much the same location, smack bang in the middle of the city, but I've never stayed so can't comment on hard product and f&b.

I stayed at RC Mega Kuningan (not Pacific Place, there are two RCs in Jakarta) back in 2013 and hard product was superb. We had club access (which served decent meals including lunch) and a room with a massive outdoor jacuzzi for not a whole lot of money. But this hotel is not in close proximity to much else.

Tried FS for one night earlier this year and hard product was nice as its almost brand new (with service to match) but did not take any meals at the hotel except for breakfast which was decent enough. But location not very central.

I heard Fairmont is also one of the better options in the city and almost stayed there eartlier this year though ultimately went with FS.
MikeFromTokyo likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 4:34 pm

Thanks, Nizar. I will keep thinking about it. Ultimately I will probably choose based on location due to the traffic problems. I love visiting places for the first time, and it looks like there are many interesting options that score high on value in this city. I suppose I should add MO, Grand Hyatt, Fairmont, and the other Ritz-Carlton to the mix.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 1:45 am

Programs: Amanjunkie, LH SEN
Stayed at Raffles and Fairmont.
Whilst Raffles felt more like Serviced Appartments, the Fairmont was great, especially the Gold Lounge and the top floors, Top service, much better restaurant choice, far superior product.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Thanks, Nizar. I will keep thinking about it. Ultimately I will probably choose based on location due to the traffic problems. I love visiting places for the first time, and it looks like there are many interesting options that score high on value in this city. I suppose I should add MO, Grand Hyatt, Fairmont, and the other Ritz-Carlton to the mix.
MO was one of the most distressed looking MOs I have ever been to. GH was conveniently located in a mall but found roaches and a pubic hair at the GC. Just grossed out by that. Rooms were also quite dated. I would want a new hardware and product for my next Jakarta stay.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
MO was one of the most distressed looking MOs I have ever been to. GH was conveniently located in a mall but found roaches and a pubic hair at the GC. Just grossed out by that. Rooms were also quite dated. I would want a new hardware and product for my next Jakarta stay.
Thanks, I will scratch MO and GH off the list.

There is Dharmawangsa as well. Also a brand new InterContinental is opening in early 2019, apparently.

Originally Posted by deer
Stayed at Raffles and Fairmont.
Whilst Raffles felt more like Serviced Appartments, the Fairmont was great, especially the Gold Lounge and the top floors, Top service, much better restaurant choice, far superior product.
Thanks. I will consider Fairmont club level then instead of Raffles.

This is part of a leisure trip, so proximity to shopping, dining, and entertainment would be great. Kempinski and others might be best in this regard, I suppose.

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Oct 22, 2018 at 3:02 am
Old Oct 22, 2018, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Thanks, I will scratch MO and GH off the list.

There is Dharmawangsa as well. Also a brand new InterContinental is opening in early 2019, apparently.

Thanks. I will consider Fairmont club level then instead of Raffles.

This is part of a leisure trip, so proximity to shopping, dining, and entertainment would be great. Kempinski and others might be best in this regard, I suppose.
Jakarta traffic is horrible so new hardware, luxury and a nice mall would be a great fit!
Old Oct 22, 2018, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
Jakarta traffic is horrible so new hardware, luxury and a nice mall would be a great fit!
I have heard traffic is horrendous, but my Indonesian friends have convinced me to visit. I will follow their advice and just find the nicest hotel I can while giving location priority. Four Seasons is the most appealing hotel to me at first glance, but it is not important enough to me to try it if that will land me in unnecessary traffic.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 8:54 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub

I have heard traffic is horrendous, but my Indonesian friends have convinced me to visit. I will follow their advice and just find the nicest hotel I can while giving location priority. Four Seasons is the most appealing hotel to me at first glance, but it is not important enough to me to try it if that will land me in unnecessary traffic.
Four Seasons is the newest / nicest hotel in Jakarta but as someone might have told you, it lies along one of the most busy road in Jakarta, and the traffic esp during peak hour is a nightmare. If you avoid those hours, ie, morning and evening rush hour, it's fine. Location is not great as it is not connected to any shopping mall but there is shuttle bus I think to the nearby Pacific Place Mall. I tried one night before. Rooms are huge and service is generally speaking quite excellent. The Nautilus bar is great.

The Fairmont is a good choice. There's tons of F&B in the hotel and it's connected to a large shopping mall ( Plaza Senayan ) and you can walk across the road to another ( Senayan city ). There's even a golf course near by. The Executive lounge was excellent but I am not sure if they still maintained the standard as it was quite a while ago since my last stay.

The other hotels are all very dated including the two Ritz Carlton and the Mandarin Oriental. Hotels here hardly ever renovate due to low room rates and the standard of the physical product is usually a notch or two below what is in other cities, even the luxury brands.

However, a string of new properties are due to open in the coming years, including St Regis, Park Hyatt and a new Intercontinental so hopefully things will be better.
MikeFromTokyo likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by BENLEE
Four Seasons is the newest / nicest hotel in Jakarta but as someone might have told you, it lies along one of the most busy road in Jakarta, and the traffic esp during peak hour is a nightmare. If you avoid those hours, ie, morning and evening rush hour, it's fine. Location is not great as it is not connected to any shopping mall but there is shuttle bus I think to the nearby Pacific Place Mall. I tried one night before. Rooms are huge and service is generally speaking quite excellent. The Nautilus bar is great.

The Fairmont is a good choice. There's tons of F&B in the hotel and it's connected to a large shopping mall ( Plaza Senayan ) and you can walk across the road to another ( Senayan city ). There's even a golf course near by. The Executive lounge was excellent but I am not sure if they still maintained the standard as it was quite a while ago since my last stay.

The other hotels are all very dated including the two Ritz Carlton and the Mandarin Oriental. Hotels here hardly ever renovate due to low room rates and the standard of the physical product is usually a notch or two below what is in other cities, even the luxury brands.

However, a string of new properties are due to open in the coming years, including St Regis, Park Hyatt and a new Intercontinental so hopefully things will be better.
Thanks so much, BENLEE. I will probably try the Four Seasons or Fairmont unless one of the newer properties is open by the time of my visit.

It looks like InterContinental is scheduled to open soon. What do you think about that location?

Old Oct 23, 2018, 9:24 am

Thanks so much, BENLEE. I will probably try the Four Seasons or Fairmont unless one of the newer properties is open by the time of my visit.

It looks like InterContinental is scheduled to open soon. What do you think about that location?

It's a more "local" part of the City, a bit more chaotic.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.