Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

five luxury hotels in Provence

five luxury hotels in Provence

Old Nov 19, 2016, 9:13 am

Programs: AMEX Centurion, Virtuoso, Platinum SPG
It hasn't been mentioned yet, but I should mention Crillon le Brave near Gigondas and Seguret. My husband and I go to Provence and Antibes every summer and always stop there. Lovely service, beautiful rooms etc.

We also love Bastides de Gordes.

I am not a huge fan of Oustau de Baumaniere, but I know several people who like it.

Aix is mediocre to me as far as places I love being in Provence, and Villa Gallici is mediocre.

Hotel de Tourrel is great for a night or two stay in St. Remy, but we always end up back at Crillon le Brave

Le Covent de Minimes is in a beautiful area, and has lovely service, but the rooms are not the best, but still a lovely place to visit.
beachmiles likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
If you compare La Coquillade with Damaine de Mainville, which hotel seems to be more superior. At La Coquillade I would decide between Top Suite (own pool) and Suite (half Price), at Manville I would book a Junior Suite. Also think about splitting.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 8:16 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Originally Posted by offerendum
If you compare La Coquillade with Damaine de Mainville, which hotel seems to be more superior. At La Coquillade I would decide between Top Suite (own pool) and Suite (half Price), at Manville I would book a Junior Suite. Also think about splitting.
Different locations ... so that may be a determining factor for you ... but we definitely preferred Domaine de Manville to La Coquillade. Loved the Jr. Suite we had at Domaine de Manville.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by DavidO
Different locations ... so that may be a determining factor for you ... but we definitely preferred Domaine de Manville to La Coquillade. Loved the Jr. Suite we had at Domaine de Manville.
Thanks. I know about location, Manville is much better for me (better for Nimes, Avignon and Arles).
Old Nov 24, 2016, 12:04 am

Great report and lovely photos - thanks for posting.
Old May 2, 2017, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Visited Domain de Manville, here my report. If pictures doesnt show, here the link to the thread.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 5:36 pm
Was sydakllon

Programs: Virtuoso, Rosewood Elite, FSPP, Bellini, Dorchester, MO Fan Club, Oetker Pearl, etc.
I'm looking for a place with pretty easy access from Avignon (we'll arrive from Paris by TGV mid-afternoon, then hire a car). Is La Bastide de Gordes a good option for first time visitor to Provence? Or Baumaniere le Baux de Provence? We are looking to do three nights somewhere incredibly charming and quintessentially Provencial, followed by two at Hotel du Cap Eden Roc, then back to Australia from NCE. Not necessarily looking to run around sightseeing/exploring - will be post fashion week so need relaxing.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by sydakllon
I'm looking for a place with pretty easy access from Avignon (we'll arrive from Paris by TGV mid-afternoon, then hire a car). Is La Bastide de Gordes a good option for first time visitor to Provence? Or Baumaniere le Baux de Provence? We are looking to do three nights somewhere incredibly charming and quintessentially Provencial, followed by two at Hotel du Cap Eden Roc, then back to Australia from NCE. Not necessarily looking to run around sightseeing/exploring - will be post fashion week so need relaxing.
Are you talking Paris Fashion week here and if so which one? It seems like there's quite a few! I ask because you mention Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc and it is a seasonal property (like a lot on the Cote d'Azur) and it won't be open from mid-October until the end of April so depending on the dates of your trip you may have to consider an alternative. Our favourite quintessentially French rural property is Chateau Saint-Martin (also of the Oetker). It is very French and in a beautiful serene setting on the hillside above Vence. It has great food, beautiful spacious villas (as well as rooms and suites) and is a fantastic place to relax. Oetker seasonally offer a deal called 'Hillside Chateau & Seaside Chic' where you get a night at each property. Also of note is that it is not easy to get a reservation at Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc unless you have stayed there before or know someone who has as they offer all accommodation to returning guests first. I would highly recommend taking one of their iconic seaside cabanas though, they are wonderful.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:08 am
Was sydakllon

Programs: Virtuoso, Rosewood Elite, FSPP, Bellini, Dorchester, MO Fan Club, Oetker Pearl, etc.
We go to all six Paris events (2x mens, 2x couture and 2x ready-to-wear) each year. This will probably be after the September RTW shows so Eden Roc will be open. Have stayed twice before during film fest - one of our favourite places.

Thanks for suggestion - is Vence proper Provence though?
Old Nov 16, 2018, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sydakllon
Thanks for suggestion - is Vence proper Provence though?
It would be an alternative to Cap-Eden Roc (26 Kilometers away) but not to a Provence hotel. So to answer your question it is not.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 6:18 am

What do you mean by proper Provence? Do you mean more rural?
Old Nov 16, 2018, 7:39 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
I'd say Sydakllon might want to check out Villa Le Coste. Between Aix and the Luberon valley. Might appeal more to someone with an eye for fashion and style !
Old Nov 16, 2018, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ABG
I'd say Sydakllon might want to check out Villa Le Coste. Between Aix and the Luberon valley. Might appeal more to someone with an eye for fashion and style !
The hotel Looks very interesting, wonder wha it wasnt in my Focus during my recent visit of Provence.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 2:22 pm
Was sydakllon

Originally Posted by jonjparr
What do you mean by proper Provence? Do you mean more rural?
Vence doesnt seem to be in what I guess I think would be Provence.

Villa Le Coste doesnt look like what we usually would try and find outside of European cities, but thanks - just prefer more character.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.