Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hakone Luxury Ryokans

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2019, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
So, prepping for our trip next month (We ended up deciding on Yama no Chaya instead of Hakone Ginyu), and I'm seeing that the ropeway is currently suspended/not operating because of an increased "volcanic activity alert" for Mt. Hakone?

Information on Hakone & Owakudani - ??????????

Anyone been recently/is this going to last all summer/for the foreseeable future? bummer if so...
Old Jan 29, 2020, 1:23 pm

Programs: AS Peon
Not normally a luxury traveller, but my SO and I are going to Japan for the first time at the end of March, and since we don't expect to do the ryokan experience more than once, we decided we wanted to splurge on it a bit to make it extra special. So here I am.

I read through this thread earlier this month and understood that Hakone Ginyu is generally considered the best, or near the top, so I sent a request for the two nights we needed. Unfortunately, they said they were booked at that time and I didn't request to be put on a waitlist, so I continued looking. Yama No Chaya was an option, but the room we were looking at got booked before we made a decision. Right now, we have two nights booked at Musashino Bekkan in the Japanese Style Luxury room. It looks nice, but the private onsen isn't large enough for both of us at once.

However, Hakone Ginyu just emailed me again last night and said that 1 of the two nights we requested is now available, if we'd like to book that. The room we had requested was the Japanese style Sora room.

My question to all of you is, is Hakone Ginyu nice enough to deal with the inconvenience of moving ryokans in the middle of our two day stay? If we book it I'll ask them to let me know if the second night becomes available of course, but I'm not counting on it.

Of course, maybe we shouldn't worry about it anyway - we aren't likely to use the spa, and we are planning to be out and about checking out the Hakone region during the day. Maybe we'd be better off putting the extra money towards something else.

What are your thoughts? Is Hakone Ginyu a must stay?
Old May 12, 2023, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by emag_eh7
Not normally a luxury traveller, but my SO and I are going to Japan for the first time at the end of March, and since we don't expect to do the ryokan experience more than once, we decided we wanted to splurge on it a bit to make it extra special. So here I am.

I read through this thread earlier this month and understood that Hakone Ginyu is generally considered the best, or near the top, so I sent a request for the two nights we needed. Unfortunately, they said they were booked at that time and I didn't request to be put on a waitlist, so I continued looking. Yama No Chaya was an option, but the room we were looking at got booked before we made a decision. Right now, we have two nights booked at Musashino Bekkan in the Japanese Style Luxury room. It looks nice, but the private onsen isn't large enough for both of us at once.

However, Hakone Ginyu just emailed me again last night and said that 1 of the two nights we requested is now available, if we'd like to book that. The room we had requested was the Japanese style Sora room.

My question to all of you is, is Hakone Ginyu nice enough to deal with the inconvenience of moving ryokans in the middle of our two day stay? If we book it I'll ask them to let me know if the second night becomes available of course, but I'm not counting on it.

Of course, maybe we shouldn't worry about it anyway - we aren't likely to use the spa, and we are planning to be out and about checking out the Hakone region during the day. Maybe we'd be better off putting the extra money towards something else.

What are your thoughts? Is Hakone Ginyu a must stay?
Hey! Did you ever end up staying at Hakone Ginyu? If so, how was the experience?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.