Wiki Posts
Search

Switzerland Luxury Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2018, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
In my eyes 2 nights for Geneva are enough, I did only a daytrip to Lausanne. But I agree it´s a hard decision. I would tend to cut 1 night at Geneva just for avoiding the rush.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 4:49 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Thank you so much, @kamel123 and @offerendum ... I've learned to listen to those who are wiser than I, which is why I've only recently started to buy low sell high.
I will likely just cut the 3rd night at FS Geneva. I think one of the reasons it was such a difficult decision is due to my love for Four Seasons George V and my Swiss based clients all rave about FS Geneva and regarded as the little sibling of FS GV. But, Beau-Rivage P seem to receive fantastic reviews from the community so I will keep my night there as is.

Of course, it's going to rain while we're there but that's okay, first world problems

Thanks again!!!

Last edited by BESVISOR; Mar 27, 2018 at 4:59 am
Old Mar 27, 2018, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by BESVISOR
Thank you so much, @kamel123 and @offerendum ... I've learned to listen to those who are wiser than I, which is why I've only recently started to buy low sell high.
I will likely just cut the 3rd night at FS Geneva. I think one of the reasons it was such a difficult decision is due to my love for Four Seasons George V and my Swiss based clients all rave about FS Geneva and regarded as the little sibling of FS GV. But, Beau-Rivage P seem to receive fantastic reviews from the community so I will keep my night there as is.

Of course, it's going to rain while we're there but that's okay, first world problems

Thanks again!!!
Not so sure, if wise is the right term for me
BESVISOR likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 12:24 pm
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by offerendum
Not so sure, if wise is the right term for me
"experienced"...that's another rabbit hole, though
Old Apr 10, 2018, 4:57 am
formerly htang333

Back from Switzerland and LOVED Park Hotel Vitznau and Four Seasons Geneva...I've only cried 5 times in my life, the 6th occurred on departure from Park Hotel...My wife didn't understand what was happening to me.

Trying to post some photos here but it's saying I can't complete it due to security token missing...anyone know what the deal is?
vuittonsofstyle, mkm4 and bhrubin like this.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 1:51 pm

There is no better way for me to give my endorsement to how much I love Park Hotel Vitznau, as to say that we are going back there in July. Oh, and we're getting married there June '19. Truly one of my favourite properties in the entire world.
FlyerEC, mkm4, bhrubin and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 2:07 pm
formerly htang333

Originally Posted by MacMyDay
There is no better way for me to give my endorsement to how much I love Park Hotel Vitznau, as to say that we are going back there in July. Oh, and we're getting married there June '19. Truly one of my favourite properties in the entire world.
Just talked two sets of clients into visiting it over their original destination...it's rubbing off on me and I don't like it one bit!!!

We plan to return again! Thanks for putting PHV on my radar and harassing me till I caved.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Congrats!

Whats your thoughts on PHV in early/mid-April? Seems like it may be awfully cold and cloudy so not sure what we'd be able to do there besides the spa (which may not be the worst thing in the world). Any non-spa activities on offer that stand out? Finally, what's your ideal stay length - 4 nights too long?
Old Apr 20, 2018, 2:34 pm
formerly htang333

Originally Posted by callmedtop
Congrats!

Whats your thoughts on PHV in early/mid-April? Seems like it may be awfully cold and cloudy so not sure what we'd be able to do there besides the spa (which may not be the worst thing in the world). Any non-spa activities on offer that stand out? Finally, what's your ideal stay length - 4 nights too long?
I know you weren't looking for my 2 cents but we just got back for being there March 31 - April 3...4 nights won't be too long, I cried when I was packing. 4 nights might be perfect, actually. Depending on what time you're arriving on the first day as well.
We had cold days (sweater and jackets) and warm days with no clouds, jean and t-shirt was enough. So just a bit of YMMV. Pool was fantastic in cold temp.
On cold days, we were still able to take the gondola up to the mountains and see everything and enjoyed it. Light sweater and jacket was enough for me. Mid April could easily be high 60s or low 70s if you're lucky. We had a couple days in the 60s and people were taking breakfast by the lake (which was a bit chilly for us in the morning).
Their house boat wasn't operational so that would have been great but we still enjoyed it, nonetheless. Also, no crowds to fight off at all during our visit!!!
Old Apr 20, 2018, 2:52 pm

I know you weren't looking for my 2 cents but we just got back for being there March 31 - April 3...4 nights won't be too long, I cried when I was packing. 4 nights might be perfect, actually. Depending on what time you're arriving on the first day as well.
We had cold days (sweater and jackets) and warm days with no clouds, jean and t-shirt was enough. So just a bit of YMMV. Pool was fantastic in cold temp.
On cold days, we were still able to take the gondola up to the mountains and see everything and enjoyed it. Light sweater and jacket was enough for me. Mid April could easily be high 60s or low 70s if you're lucky. We had a couple days in the 60s and people were taking breakfast by the lake (which was a bit chilly for us in the morning).
Their house boat wasn't operational so that would have been great but we still enjoyed it, nonetheless. Also, no crowds to fight off at all during our visit!!!
Very helpful - thank you! Debating between here and Amanjena - very different destinations - and this helps with that decision.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

fly to jena via switzerland?
Old Apr 20, 2018, 2:54 pm
formerly htang333

Very helpful - thank you! Debating between here and Amanjena - very different destinations - and this helps with that decision.
My pleasure! And I promise I'm not making this up as you can check the "where are you going?" forum but we just went to Park Hotel V and literally, the next hotel we're heading to is Amanjena, Haha, great minds travel alike

I think Amanjena might be better in April, though.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
fly to jena via switzerland?
We're combining Paris + one other location. Amanjena is most likely given the great weather in April.

My pleasure! And I promise I'm not making this up as you can check the "where are you going?" forum but we just went to Park Hotel V and literally, the next hotel we're heading to is Amanjena, Haha, great minds travel alike

I think Amanjena might be better in April, though.
Haha, small world! Curious to hear your thoughts once you've stayed.
bhrubin and BESVISOR like this.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 9:39 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Congratulations! We are headed to PH Vitznau in mid June thanks to your enthusiastic endorsement. I haven’t been this excited about a hotel stay in quite some time. I need you to try Schloss Elmau sometime soon. It is my favorite alpine resort so far. We will have to see if Vitznau can topple it off the throne.
BESVISOR likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 12:45 am

Congrats!

I seem to get asked this question a lot regarding both Vitznau and Amanzoe. Personally, I would not go off-peak. For me, the joy of those properties is being outside, so if the weather isn't good then it ruins the entire experience. We were there mid-May last year and just enjoying a lunch by the lake in blissful sunshine was part of the experience that made it so memorable. It's my understanding they have 3-for-2 offers all year around, except July and August, and I don't believe the price changes much between April and June, so I would just pay that bit extra and get guaranteed (if there's such thing) good weather. 3-4 nights would be perfect.

I also stayed in Amanjena last November, as part of my birthday treat....from me to me. I didn't even want to do anything, yet somehow ended up in Marrakech. A story for another day. Anywho, naturally they are very different properties. I have only been to Marrakech in June and November, but it looks like April and November are roughly similar in temperatures, with very warm days and rather cool evenings (I had to wear a jumper in the evenings). If I had to pick property it would easily be Park Hotel Vitznau, but if I had to pick a property in April I'd probably go Amanjena, then come back during the warmer months to get everything you can from Vitznau.

Originally Posted by Valveking
Congratulations! We are headed to PH Vitznau in mid June thanks to your enthusiastic endorsement. I haven’t been this excited about a hotel stay in quite some time. I need you to try Schloss Elmau sometime soon. It is my favorite alpine resort so far. We will have to see if Vitznau can topple it off the throne.
Thanks! The good thing is I now know 3 people who have stayed here since I did and every single one absolutely loved it (see BESVISOR above), so it's clearly not a fluke.

Schloss Elmau is on my list, but it's not made it into a booking...yet.
BESVISOR likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.