Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Which Hotel in Bangkok? (Consolidated thread, started 2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Hotel in Bangkok? (Consolidated thread, started 2016)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2019, 2:57 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Only the Garden Room and Garden Suite are available when I'm there. Are they good? Is the suite worth it?
Old Apr 27, 2019, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by sophialite
Only the Garden Room and Garden Suite are available when I'm there. Are they good? Is the suite worth it?
Royal and Ambassador Suites should also be available generally, because they are in the same building. It is due to renovations.

Luckily, these are amongst the most perfect units in the hotel so far, really can’t go wrong with a Garden Suite!
Old Apr 27, 2019, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Kacee
Yes it felt a bit empty and bland. No "wow" at all (apart from the bedroom view, which really is cool with the slanted windows).

They did have a reasonable charging solution on an end table at the foot of the chaise. But no desk is a real issue for me, as I usually need to work several hours per day even on vacation.

I'll add that I spent the rest of my time in Bangkok at SGS, and actually preferred my Grand Suite there in terms of overall comfort and functionality.
A pity because Rosewood HK seems to have thought of everything and the kitchen sink. Bangkok seems to have been rushed and ill-conceived.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 3:56 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by scented

Royal and Ambassador Suites should also be available generally, because they are in the same building. It is due to renovations.

Luckily, these are amongst the most perfect units in the hotel so far, really can’t go wrong with a Garden Suite!
Thanks I booked it. Twice the price as the manor suite at the Rosewood but also my first time in BK so want to do this right.
FlyerEC and CappuccinoAddict like this.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by sophialite

Thanks I booked it. Twice the price as the manor suite at the Rosewood but also my first time in BK so want to do this right.
You’ll have such a different experience at MO! Especially for a first time BKK sojourn the right choice.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 7:08 am

Will be there in June and will be staying at The Siam. Not as convenient a location but I don’t do any sightseeing in Bangkok. Relaxing at the hotel is my main goal!
Old Apr 27, 2019, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HKTraveler
Will be there in June and will be staying at The Siam. Not as convenient a location but I don’t do any sightseeing in Bangkok. Relaxing at the hotel is my main goal!
One of Bangkok's finest luxury hotels too. Cannot ever go wrong with the Siam.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Not sure if many here will stay at the Rosewood based on the review. Not too appealing especially if you consider the alternatives.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 8:44 pm

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Any feedback regarding the new Park Hyatt? Might have a trip there in September and looking for some place more central and also spend a weekend.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BENLEE
Any feedback regarding the new Park Hyatt? Might have a trip there in September and looking for some place more central and also spend a weekend.
Had roaches. Enough said.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by BENLEE
Even the Sheraton would be better than Park Hyatt, unless you share Yabu Pushelberg’s love for high-end furniture store aesthetics.
vuittonsofstyle likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by scented
Even the Sheraton would be better than Park Hyatt, unless you share Yabu Pushelberg’s love for high-end furniture store aesthetics.
My favorites in that location are Anantara Siam, InterContinental, and Grand Hyatt Erawan. None of these is a new hotel, but all know how to treat guests extremely well. All have excellent F&B and spas, and if you take the higher category rooms and suites are especially comfortable. Reliable quality is often more important than staying at the newest flash in the pan hotel.

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Apr 28, 2019 at 6:10 pm
Old May 16, 2019, 11:33 am

Rosewood Bangkok

Originally Posted by Kacee
Due to A/C problems, I wound up in a16th floor manor suite on the Sukhumvit side of the building. (Note that this property does not normally upgrade from rooms to suites on FHR rates.) Here are my comments on the room:
  1. While there were some beautiful furnishings, the room overall was a bit dull. I would rate the decor of the Caroline Astor Suite at StR as much more appealing. (I also prefer the views from StR.)
  2. There is no desk. Just one of those low tables you can pull up next to the sofa/chaise combination.
  3. The view from the living room was okay. The view from the bedroom, with the slanted windows, was spectacular.
  4. Unfortunately, there are no sheer curtains in either living or bedroom. So you either get full Bangkok sun, and zero privacy, or you close the black-out shades and lose the view entirely.
  5. Privacy is a big issue in the bedroom. You're surrounded by other buildings such that you really have to close the shades. So no enjoying the view while lying in bed.
  6. Bed is exceptionally comfortable (but too many pillows!!!).
  7. Bathroom has lots of wasted space. Bathtub is huge. I had problems getting hot water.
  8. As you can see in this photo, you are literally right on top of Sukhumvit, Ploen Chit BTS, and Chaloem Maha Nakhon Expressway:
Unfortunately, the soundproofing is not up to the challenge and there's a fair bit of traffic noise (as also reported at the PH, next door).
Stayed at Rosewood Bangkok last week just for a night. We were in a "Premier Room" on the 13th floor - a corner room and the slanted windows throughout the bedroom. Interestingly it did have sheer curtains as well as the black-out shades so privacy was not an issue.

No issues with the hot water but the A/C was not great. Not sure if it was just too weak but it took a long time for the room to cool down - was on 24C when we got to the room and turned it down to 20C - but even when it eventually got down to that it still felt a bit warmer. Perhaps the huge windows do not help in that respect. Agree that the room interior is fairly dull/uninspiring though. Didn't find the traffic noise that bad but you could definitely hear it.

The 30th floor bar had only just opened and was very popular on the Friday night we were there. Enjoyed it - good selection of cocktails - and good decor + views. Used the credit included on our rate against the drinks as we went out nearby for dinner.

Breakfast in the Lakorn Brasserie was fine but nothing to get excited about.

Found it pleasant enough but doubt I would stay there next time.
Kacee likes this.
Old May 16, 2019, 12:29 pm

What hotel do you guys recommend if we want to see the floating markets and the city life? StR is looking good but hearing a lot of the Siam from you guys.
Old May 16, 2019, 12:39 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by phant0m
What hotel do you guys recommend if we want to see the floating markets and the city life? StR is looking good but hearing a lot of the Siam from you guys.
+1 for The Siam but you'll have to take their river shuttle to the central/city.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.