Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Which Hotel in Bangkok? (Consolidated thread, started 2016)

Which Hotel in Bangkok? (Consolidated thread, started 2016)

Old Jan 9, 2019, 10:44 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had a fine experience recently in Bangkok at the Park Hyatt in an executive suite. However, similar to Vuitton's note about 137 Pillars, the pool is an infinity pool on the 9th floor so if someone is afraid of heights, they wouldn't want to use it. The hotel is connected to a luxury mall which is in turn connected to a mid-range mall. Through the luxury mall, it's a short walk on elevated walkways to a SkyTrain station. Hotel design is by Yabu Pushelberg.
BOStonTravels likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I had a fine experience recently in Bangkok at the Park Hyatt in an executive suite. However, similar to Vuitton's note about 137 Pillars, the pool is an infinity pool on the 9th floor so if someone is afraid of heights, they wouldn't want to use it. The hotel is connected to a luxury mall which is in turn connected to a mid-range mall. Through the luxury mall, it's a short walk on elevated walkways to a SkyTrain station. Hotel design is by Yabu Pushelberg.
Have the rates come down, or have they been able to hold at their opening pricing levels?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 10:54 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MattEvan
Have the rates come down, or have they been able to hold at their opening pricing levels?
I don't know, I paid the regular room rate and they were kind enough to upgrade me several levels.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 4:17 am

Programs: United global services, BA gold,
Originally Posted by FlyerEC

Enjoying MOBKK now before the renovations start . Seems it might be till Nov before the reveal , sadly the lovely long aquarium at Lord Jim s will go , we shall see what happens .

May visit The Siam .

Im here too now - MOBKK, my favorite in BKK. Unfortunately leaving tomorrow but have had a great time here as always. Sorry we didnt connect!
Old Jan 10, 2019, 4:28 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by Larkin

I’m here too now - MOBKK, my favorite in BKK. Unfortunately leaving tomorrow but have had a great time here as always. Sorry we didn’t connect!
Am still here !
Lord Jim ‘ s for dinner again for dinner

Have not made it to The Siam yet , our friends were not too enthusiastic about visiting their friend ‘ s hotel yet again .. they & locals seem to prefer MOBKK

Will attempt to start a TR .

Dusk from our balcony , just

Lovely dusk this evening

Last edited by FlyerEC; Jan 10, 2019 at 4:38 am
Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:31 am

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle

Am still here !
Lord Jim s for dinner again for dinner

Have not made it to The Siam yet , our friends were not too enthusiastic about visiting their friend s hotel yet again .. they & locals seem to prefer MOBKK

Will attempt to start a TR .

Dusk from our balcony , just

Lovely dusk this evening

Love the view from the hotels along that stretch of the river^
Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:41 am

Icon Siam is truly an eyesore. Somehow the building is worse than the LED boards on the construction barrier!
Abyssin likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:49 am

Programs: Not stuck with an Alliance anymore, Star gold, OW Saph
Originally Posted by shoven
Love the view from the hotels along that stretch of the river^
Our favorite it's just the one you saw from your balcony......The Peninsula going there 3-4 times per years since 2003 and always perfect.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:26 am
Aman Contributor Badge

We will be at the Siam for a week in February. Looking very much forward.
scented and BESVISOR like this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:59 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by Musken
We will be at the Siam for a week in February. Looking very much forward.
You'll love the team!
Musken likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by Abyssin
Our favorite it's just the one you saw from your balcony......The Peninsula going there 3-4 times per years since 2003 and always perfect.
Some enjoy being on the wrong side of the river
But you do get lovely views of the right side

The Siam too ..

Was trying to add photo here , in vain ..

Please see “ Mandarin Oriental Bangkok ; pre River Wing 2019 renovations “ thread for photo , & more ..
TR still in progress

View from Le Normandie

Last edited by FlyerEC; Jan 12, 2019 at 3:08 am Reason: Add photo , could not add !
Old Jan 12, 2019, 1:59 am

Programs: UA, AA, Delta, Marriott
A Variety of Stays

Last week I stayed at the Le Meridien and the W. Previously the Hilton Millenium, the Shangri-la, the Royal Orchid, the Dusit Thani, the Renaissance, and, in earlier poorer years, a variety of others. No hotel took better care of me than the W. The Le Meridien is very nice, very comfortable. The Shangri-la was a wonder. The Dusit Thani is closing, and I have nothing very good to say about the Royal Orchid. Neutral on the Renaissance.
Given the nice room, and the very personal attention, the W would be my choice in Bangkok.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 2:18 am

Some enjoy being on the wrong side of the river
But you do get lovely views of the right side

The Siam too ..

Was trying to add photo ..

Please see “ Mandarin Oriental Bangkok ; pre River Wing 2019 renovations “ thread for photo , & more
TR still in progress

View from Le Normandie

Originally Posted by Scott Kiwi
Last week I stayed at the Le Meridien and the W. Previously the Hilton Millenium, the Shangri-la, the Royal Orchid, the Dusit Thani, the Renaissance, and, in earlier poorer years, a variety of others. No hotel took better care of me than the W. The Le Meridien is very nice, very comfortable. The Shangri-la was a wonder. The Dusit Thani is closing, and I have nothing very good to say about the Royal Orchid. Neutral on the Renaissance.
Given the nice room, and the very personal attention, the W would be my choice in Bangkok.
For even better service beyond - they know how to take care of guests discreetly , celebrity , royalty or not ..
You should stay at MOBKK then if you have not !!
Perhaps the Pen or The Siam ? & ..

This is the Luxury Hotels & Travel forum
Old Jan 12, 2019, 7:13 am
Suspended

Programs: BA
137 Pillars just looks visually stunning to me (and I am a pool lover so thats likely driving my desire to stay). It looks like a Park Hyatt (one of the better ones) on steroids.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 6:59 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but Rosewood is now bookable at sub-10k THB from April onwards. Quite competitive rates and I'm happy they didn't go in too high.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.