Reload this Page >

MINI TRIP REPORT: St. Regis New York

Old Jul 4, 16, 12:29 pm
Original Poster
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM

When friends asked us to meet them in NYC for the weekend, we booked Acela Express train tickets (see our Peninsula New York trip report for details) and began looking at hotels.

We were planning to return with our 4 year old son to the Peninsula, but the St. Regis was running an "upgrade at time of booking" promotion with Virtuoso. The St. Regis had an equally impressive reputation with kids and was located just across the street, so we decided to give it a shot. We booked a Grande Luxe room with a guaranteed upgrade to an Astor Suite.

Because we checked in early, our suite wasn’t ready, but the front desk offered us a better suite for a nominal charge since it would be ready sooner. We ended up in an 800 square foot Deluxe Suite (#1507) that was perfectly suited to our tastes with just the right amount of old world elegance yet all the modern amenities. There was a separate sitting room, bedroom, powder room and full bathroom (a floor plan is available on the St. Regis website). We loved the incredibly high ceilings, rich fabrics, multiple hues of marble, heavy doors, sturdy hardware, and the glamorous bathroom’s mirror tv. The paint and fabrics were immaculate…no chips, scratches, tears or signs of wear…and the suite’s large picture windows looked past the Plaza Hotel and beyond to Central Park.

Service was perfect. Friendly and helpful, the staff pretty much nailed every interaction we had with them. Our butler made sure we used her by explaining what services she normally provided and giving us her business card so that we could call her even when we were off site. And our son was spoiled with a small St. Regis stuffed bear, a treat of his choice from the gift shop, bed rails, a child sized bathrobe, and child’s menus. We were only there one night but staff members seemed to all know our son’s name.

We'll definitely consider the St. Regis for a return visit to New York. It doesn’t have a pool like The Peninsula but we were really impressed by the decor and the service standards. You’ll notice we don’t have an "opportunities for improvement" paragraph in this trip report.

P.S. While there, we chartered a boat to show our son the Statue of Liberty. It was a beautifully maintained boat with a wonderful crew.
Old Jul 4, 16, 12:31 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Thanks for the quick post, Ericka.

May I ask what boat you used for the private charter?
Old Jul 4, 16, 12:56 pm
Original Poster
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Huh. I think flyertalk stripped the link out of my trip report.
Atlantic Yachting. They have a trawler and a sailboat.

http://atlanticyachting.com/nyc-sail...ter-sailboats/
Old Jul 4, 16, 12:58 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Ericka View Post
Huh. I think flyertalk stripped the link out of my trip report.
Atlantic Yachting. They have a trawler and a sailboat.

http://atlanticyachting.com/nyc-sail...ter-sailboats/
Thanks!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: