Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Trump International Tower New York - Dress Code ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2016, 2:18 am
Original Poster

Booked both this and the Ritz-Carlton Battery Park for July and wondering if the Trump hotel at Central Park has a dress code ?
Old Jul 1, 2016, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Jean Georges has a jacket requirement for men, but other than that, I don'the think so.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
Jean Georges has a jacket requirement for men, but other than that, I don'the think so.
When I was at Jean George they had this code and I felt terrible overdressed in my dark suit. Sort trousers, Jeans and so on could be seen on the neighbor tables A Client of me visited later and confirmed that no dress code was inforced. Only few hotels have a dress code, mostly old glory and show for wonna-be type guests So would be very unusual if Trump has a dress code. Also at hotels with code it´s mostly only for several parts.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Cheers for that :-)
Old Jul 1, 2016, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
I would imagine some private clubs (Knickerbocker, etc) have codes in their common areas, but of course these don't affect the general public.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 9:58 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Stayed in the hotel several times (although I never ate at Jean-Georges) and never followed any dress code, nor was I aware of one.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 11:55 pm

Don't worry about dress code at JG. Most people are tourists now and follow no proper decorum anyway.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 12:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Isn't bad hair required at all Trump properties?
Old Jul 2, 2016, 12:04 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
You're required to wear one of these:

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Isn't bad hair required at all Trump properties?
No, just bad taste.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 12:13 am

This isnt a politics forum, is it?
Old Jul 2, 2016, 1:11 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
I was tempted to write 'an orangutan coloured toupee and a distinctly orange tan' but thought the better of it. I can see now that I was wrong.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 9:10 am

A "Make America Great Again" cap or other accessory should work😉
Old Jul 4, 2016, 12:30 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
There isn't a dress code that I'm aware of at any open to the public hotel in NY.

A handful of restaurants still have some level of dress code (jackets for men, etc), but even that is a fairly limited set. Bar wearing an old raglan sweatshirt, I can't see JG not seating someone due to dress.

I'm a member of a private club in the city which has a no denim rule in the dining rooms, bar and lounge. The club also ha hotel rooms, and for those coming and going from rooms, anything goes while coming and going - but they must honor the dress code in the dining/drinking areas. I leave running stuff at the club and go to and from the locker room to outside in my running gear...sweatily on the return.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by NYBanker
There isn't a dress code that I'm aware of at any open to the public hotel in NY.

A handful of restaurants still have some level of dress code (jackets for men, etc), but even that is a fairly limited set. Bar wearing an old raglan sweatshirt, I can't see JG not seating someone due to dress.

I'm a member of a private club in the city which has a no denim rule in the dining rooms, bar and lounge. The club also ha hotel rooms, and for those coming and going from rooms, anything goes while coming and going - but they must honor the dress code in the dining/drinking areas. I leave running stuff at the club and go to and from the locker room to outside in my running gear...sweatily on the return.
Princeton club?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.