Wiki Posts
Search

New Luxury Resort in Madagascar - Miavana

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2016, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Time and Tide
We are opening in December 2016.

If there is anything else you want to know, happy to provide more details.
Time and Tide, have you finalized rates? final website coming soon?

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 28, 2016 at 10:04 am
Old Jun 26, 2016, 11:35 pm

Time and Tide, have you finalized rates? final website coming soon?[/QUOTE]

Hi there - we have finalised rates - prices will be $2500 USD per person per night for 2017 and this includes a conservation levy, meals, most drinks, most activities etc. We're working on a more comprehensive website and it will be live in September. We're not releasing photos of the construction, and will publish photos of the Villas asap after opening in December.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi there - we have finalised rates - prices will be $2500 USD per person per night for 2017 and this includes a conservation levy, meals, most drinks, most activities etc. We're working on a more comprehensive website and it will be live in September. We're not releasing photos of the construction, and will publish photos of the Villas asap after opening in December.
thanks. single supplement and children will be less than $2500?

there are some divers here, some of whom have an interest in pelagics
how is the diving around island, and will diving be included in rates at all?

also some wine connoisseurs, who hope you have decent (ZA?) wines

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 27, 2016 at 7:03 am
Old Jun 27, 2016, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
thanks. single supplement and children will be less than $2500?

there are some divers here, some of whom have an interest in pelagics
how is the diving around island, and will diving be included in rates at all?

also some wine connoisseurs, who hope you have decent (ZA?) wines
- We will have one, two and three bedroom Villas.
- Kids U18 = 50% off the accommodation rate in the one bedroom Villa (all of which have a study which can be a second bedroom/bathroom for children).
- The two and three bedroom Villas will be slightly less pp than $2500 as you're sharing the one kitchen/lounge/pool and deck area
- our GM was with Babylonstoren in the winelands near Cape Town so we'll have a cellar with SA, French, Aussie etc wines and champagnes - some of which are included in the rate and there will be a reserve list for extra $$
- Diving - I'm by no means an expert here but the fish I've seen when snorkelling around the archipelago, or even standing on the beach have been incredible. Diving is included in the rate - not PADI lessons/certificate though. We have a small ship wreck to the south of the archipelago for diving, there is shallow water around 5-10m in the coral reef and then 1km away we've recorded dropoffs of 100s of meters so lots of variety.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 9:40 am

Hi there - we have finalised rates - prices will be $2500 USD per person per night
Personally I think this is a total obscenity.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by Pausanias
Personally I think this is a total obscenity.
Agree 100%, $5000/night in a place where there is absolutely
nothing interesting outside maybe of the alley of the Baobabs...
I would love to see it, but to travel to such a horrible place just to see
a 200m stretch of the giant trees is too much for me.

Anyone watched the Bourdain Madagascar episode?
I couldn't wait, but it was by far the biggest disappointment to see how awful it is.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
prices will be $2500 USD per person per night for 2017
That´s ambitious. Even if I consider the inclusions
Old Jun 28, 2016, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

north and laucala are 6K per night

some of us are happy to pay for fewer large villas (or rooms) and private islands (or land)

Pausanias, you have said that you like inclusive rates, and do not like over-development
(what rate do you pay for small cabin on 50+ cabin ships to these kinds of destinations ?)

thanks Michael82, i remembered wrong
http://www.cntraveller.com/recommend...to-archipelago
September 2014

Vilanculos Coastal Wildlife Sanctuary just south of the archipelago has caught the eye of Singita's Luke Bailes, who's been on the lookout for a beach retreat to add to his portfolio of super-slick safari lodges in South Africa, Zimbabwe and Tanzania. Although still a work in progress, he says it will 'deliver a marine and wildlife experience in one, with a strong focus on restoration and conservation'.
- We will have one, two and three bedroom Villas.
- Kids U18 = 50% off the accommodation rate in the one bedroom Villa (all of which have a study which can be a second bedroom/bathroom for children).
- The two and three bedroom Villas will be slightly less pp than $2500 as you're sharing the one kitchen/lounge/pool and deck area
- our GM was with Babylonstoren in the winelands near Cape Town so we'll have a cellar with SA, French, Aussie etc wines and champagnes - some of which are included in the rate and there will be a reserve list for extra $$
- Diving - I'm by no means an expert here but the fish I've seen when snorkelling around the archipelago, or even standing on the beach have been incredible. Diving is included in the rate - not PADI lessons/certificate though. We have a small ship wreck to the south of the archipelago for diving, there is shallow water around 5-10m in the coral reef and then 1km away we've recorded dropoffs of 100s of meters so lots of variety.
interesting! will the single supplement be less than $2500 ? some here book single rates

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 28, 2016 at 2:42 pm
Old Jun 28, 2016, 1:14 pm

Kage - The nightly rate on an expedition luxury cruise ship is about $1000 a day for two people. That usually includes all meals, drinks, excursions, gratuities. So this Madagascar joint is a little bit 'ambitious,' as offerendum says, and I expect there will also be a massive additional cost in getting there from the capital, Antananarivo which is best accessed from Jo'burg or Paris.

I do think the new resort has a beautiful location but its pricing says rip-off to me and Madagascar itself is an environmental disaster in many respects, mainly due to de-forestation. The Relais & Chateaux resort Anjajavy would still seem to be the better option.

Last edited by Pausanias; Jun 29, 2016 at 4:04 am
Old Jun 29, 2016, 4:00 am

Kagehitokiri - interesting! will the single supplement be less than $2500 ? some here book single rates
--------------------
We are not charging a single supplement so singles in the one bedroom Villas are the same price.
<hr style="color:#CCCCCC; background-color:#CCCCCC" size="1">
Old Jun 29, 2016, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We are not charging a single supplement so singles in the one bedroom Villas are the same price.
single pays $2500? good option.

i notice your other safaris have no/low single supplements, nice.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
single pays $2500? good option.

i notice your other safaris have no/low single supplements, nice.
Thanks - we try to be fair for guests but also we have small camps so need a fair use policy so it's a win win
Old Jun 30, 2016, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks - we try to be fair for guests but also we have small camps so need a fair use policy so it's a win win
some publish this way, like singita >

A supplement of 25% of the adult rate will be added from the 3rd single room
some do specials, like baillie lodges >

pay only the twin share rate
Old Jul 4, 2016, 12:56 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Fascinating property. If done right, this could be great...a more biologically diverse option to the Maldives, etc.

The price isn't cheap, but when you factor in that it is nearly all inclusive as well the costs of development and ongoing operations, I doubt it will be a cash cow for owners, either.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 3:33 pm

I shall once again take one for the team of FlyerTalk and pop along here in September to let you know if it's worth your time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.