Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Report: Five Nights At Six Senses Con Dao (Vietnam)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report: Five Nights At Six Senses Con Dao (Vietnam)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2016, 3:12 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Great review, Len. Glad to see you had such a great stay!

I'd love this place, too...were it not for the lack of air con downstairs. I suppose I love rustic with air con.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 5:58 pm
Aman Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by bhrubin

I'd love this place, too...were it not for the lack of air con downstairs. I suppose I love rustic with air con.
Rent a 2 br residence. You'll have A/C throughout all the living areas, a huge pool (actually two pools) access right to the beach - and it'll still be less expensive than Amanoi. Or go to both - great contrast between the two resorts.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 7:36 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by bhrubin

Thanks Bill! I do think that the lack of air con was enough of a negative for me (a minor nuisance) that it would be really uncomfortable for you.

Didn't know that the residences had a/c throughout, as xracer says. That might be a good option, but it's worth noting that if you plan to spend any time in the restaurants, there's no A/C there (except for in the one "refrigerated room" in the main restaurant where they put cold items during breakfast, and where they set up a table when you book a private dinner). So, unless you planned to spend the entire time between the residence and the gym, you won't be able to avoid lack of a/c.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 1:41 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Hope you all don't mind me reviving an old thread...but I've decided to take an 'ad hoc' trip to Vietnam (oxymoron if I've ever heard one!).

This looks like a great place (the JW in Phu Quoc has gotten great reviews, but it's booked during my timeframe). I would love to stay here, but I have an odd question.

Is there any way to convert my gazillion AMEX points, SPG points or DL miles to an payment format that is accepted by Six Senses?
Old Sep 29, 2017, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by navi_jen
Hope you all don't mind me reviving an old thread...but I've decided to take an 'ad hoc' trip to Vietnam (oxymoron if I've ever heard one!).

This looks like a great place (the JW in Phu Quoc has gotten great reviews, but it's booked during my timeframe). I would love to stay here, but I have an odd question.

Is there any way to convert my gazillion AMEX points, SPG points or DL miles to an payment format that is accepted by Six Senses?
Six Senses doesn't accept any kind of points currency, though you could use AmEx "pay with points" through AmEx.

I believe that the rate is less than one cent per point*, which generally is a poor value compared to transferring points and making high-leverage redemptions with airlines/hotels, but value is personal and subjective and if you are, indeed, sitting on a gazillion AmEx points and are out of ideas for how to use them, that may be a great way to get a "free" stay!

*Confirming this, looking up SSCD for random dates in April, AmEx wants 97,974 points per night, or $685 cash.

Last edited by LM225; Sep 29, 2017 at 7:31 am
Old Sep 29, 2017, 8:55 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by navi_jen
Straying away here, but if you are still looking at Phu Quoc, Fusion Resorts just opened up there.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 5:10 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, QR Privilege Club, HH Gold
A little thread revival here - I've just booked to stay 6 nights in a Ocean View Duplex. Is the Ocean Front worth upgrading to? I've read the Ocean Fronts may actually be less private due to the odd person walking past your terrace, despite them being raised up slightly.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MattHall
A little thread revival here - I've just booked to stay 6 nights in a Ocean View Duplex. Is the Ocean Front worth upgrading to? I've read the Ocean Fronts may actually be less private due to the odd person walking past your terrace, despite them being raised up slightly.
That's how we felt about the Ocean Fronts. Walking along the beach as well as the walking path that runs through the property, we could see into more of the ocean front villa living areas than we would've liked had we been staying there. We were glad we requested for them not to upgrade us.

Enjoy!
Old Oct 29, 2019, 5:38 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MattHall
If I recall correctly, some are a lot higher than the others. Back when we stayed, we requested maximum privacy, and our pavilion was high enough that nobody could peek inside. So if you do upgrade, request one of the higher ones.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 7:52 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, QR Privilege Club, HH Gold
Originally Posted by LM225
That's how we felt about the Ocean Fronts. Walking along the beach as well as the walking path that runs through the property, we could see into more of the ocean front villa living areas than we would've liked had we been staying there. We were glad we requested for them not to upgrade us.

Enjoy!
Thanks LM225, that's helpful. I am now considering not upgrading, especially given the fact Ocean View is still great and the distance to the beach is not far.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.