Wiki Posts
Search

Four Seasons Ko Olina, Oahu HI

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2016, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A bunch
Four Seasons Ko Olina, Oahu HI

UPDATE: my full review is up with tons of photos of the property!! I hope this can be beneficial to this forum. If useful please add to the Four Seasons Master list thread. Thanks

Wife, baby and I just got back from a week long stay at Four Seasons Ko Olina. I am going to have my full review in a few days but just wanted to share a few random quick pics and my initial impressions.

edited to add video of our Oceanview Junior Suite

The hotel is nice and has a lot of potential. Really enjoyed the hard product and room sizes. Service has a longggg way to go to be up to Four Seasons brand reputation service wise. We stayed during the grand opening of the property and ran into numerous issues. I was ultimately disappointed but would like to try the property after 12 months to see if the bumps in the road are fixed eventually.

Again my full opinions will be up in 2-3 days. If u have any questions or specific pics of the property you would like to see pls let me know and I will see if I can assist.

Thanks.

Last edited by pointspinnacle; Jun 5, 2016 at 8:39 pm Reason: added video
Old Jun 3, 2016, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
The video and the pictures are different rooms, right? Was the Junior Suite an ADA room?
Old Jun 3, 2016, 7:17 am

I take it they ripped out the old pool? We stayed next door at Disney and went for a look at the JWMarriott (now the 4s). The pool had no view of the water if I remember correctly. This looks like an improvement I think.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by farbster
I take it they ripped out the old pool? We stayed next door at Disney and went for a look at the JWMarriott (now the 4s). The pool had no view of the water if I remember correctly. This looks like an improvement I think.
yes they spent around $250 million on the renovation when discussing the property with the GM. That picture is of the adult pool. There are also two more pools and 2 large hot tubs.

Originally Posted by offerendum
The video and the pictures are different rooms, right? Was the Junior Suite an ADA room?
correct, the pictures are of our first room-an oceanview room, the video is of our 2nd room a Junior Suite ADA room.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 8:15 am

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Looks nice for a couple of days on Oahu, but is a little large for my tastes. How do the rates compare to Hualalai and Maui?
Old Jun 4, 2016, 6:28 pm

I'm actually disappointed in what this shows of the re-do. We went there pretty often when it was a JW. Slowed down after the Disney resort crowded up the lagoon area. I think the decor was better before. Maybe it looks better in real? The Jr. Suite looks smaller the way they have it set up. Maybe that's b/c this one is an accessible version?

Curious if the pools are: the spa pool, the original round pool and this beachside pool? If you sat on the end section of the old pool you had a nice water view. Now that they have put a pool at beach level, do they allow you to be served a drink there? (no alcohol on beach rule, unless that has changed.) I really expected Four Seasons to upgrade but I find this look not very relaxing, which would add to what the Disney complex did to the area.

Thanks for sharing as we've been wondering about this!
Old Jun 4, 2016, 8:12 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
How was the food at the various restaurants and especially breakfast? Thanks for sharing this as I am planning a stay here sometime in the Fall...
Old Jun 4, 2016, 9:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Valveking
Looks nice for a couple of days on Oahu, but is a little large for my tastes. How do the rates compare to Hualalai and Maui?
Rates were substantially cheaper during my stay but if you look a few months out rates can get quite high but not at the level of the other 2 properties. I guess you would need to check dates to be sure.

Originally Posted by TravelersWife
I'm actually disappointed in what this shows of the re-do. We went there pretty often when it was a JW. Slowed down after the Disney resort crowded up the lagoon area. I think the decor was better before. Maybe it looks better in real? The Jr. Suite looks smaller the way they have it set up. Maybe that's b/c this one is an accessible version?

Curious if the pools are: the spa pool, the original round pool and this beachside pool? If you sat on the end section of the old pool you had a nice water view. Now that they have put a pool at beach level, do they allow you to be served a drink there? (no alcohol on beach rule, unless that has changed.) I really expected Four Seasons to upgrade but I find this look not very relaxing, which would add to what the Disney complex did to the area.

Thanks for sharing as we've been wondering about this!
Frankly I was disappointed in our jr suite. My wife preferred our original ocean view room. I found the rooms to be nice however. They do indeed serve alchohol on the beach or at any of the pools. I will have photos of all the pools and beach up tomorrow night most likely.

Originally Posted by luxury
How was the food at the various restaurants and especially breakfast? Thanks for sharing this as I am planning a stay here sometime in the Fall...
Breakfast was good. Service was hit or miss. La Hiki was the only place open during most of my stay. The italian eatery opened right before i left but didnt try it. The seafood establishment was not open at all due to not being handicap accesible is what I was told. I cant believe they could have missed that. Its 2 floors and looks nice but was not ready for primetime during our stay. The fish burger is amazing fyi.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 11:05 pm

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the review and all, but I find this part
of Oahu simply disgusting. I have no idea why anyone would spend
his/her valuable vacation time there.
The hotel, if I'm not mistaken is next door from some awful industrial factory.
You can see the smoking chimney etc. There is nothing nice to see
on that side of the island + it's famous for the most awful neighborhoods
filled with the drug addicts. Really lovely...
Oahu BTW is a total waste of time. We made a mistake to spend a week there
a few months ago, I managed to get some nice photography
and we did discover a nice stretch of pristine beaches, but overall it was
a complete waste of time.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Big_Foot
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the review and all, but I find this part
of Oahu simply disgusting. I have no idea why anyone would spend
his/her valuable vacation time there.
The hotel, if I'm not mistaken is next door from some awful industrial factory.
You can see the smoking chimney etc. There is nothing nice to see
on that side of the island + it's famous for the most awful neighborhoods
filled with the drug addicts. Really lovely...
Oahu BTW is a total waste of time. We made a mistake to spend a week there
a few months ago, I managed to get some nice photography
and we did discover a nice stretch of pristine beaches, but overall it was
a complete waste of time.
I understand your complaint, though your view is a bit harsher than mine.
It is a very family friendly area. I mean the 4 lagoons are perfect for swimming and safe. No harsh tides nor sharks to worry about. We didnt notice any "drug attics" in our time. Would seem a weird spot for them to hang out-near the disney resort.

Im of the opinion that everywhere is worth a visit at least once to form your own
Own opinion the place. We enjoyed our time on the island and although Oahu is a bit too busy and built compared to the other islands I wouldnt shun it. It has some beautiful areas and beaches.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 11:46 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by pointspinnacle
They do indeed serve alchohol on the beach
That will stop. All beaches in Hawaii are public property, and alcohol is illegal on the beaches...
Old Jun 5, 2016, 12:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by pointspinnacle
Im of the opinion that everywhere is worth a visit at least once to form your own
Own opinion the place. We enjoyed our time on the island and although Oahu is a bit too busy and built compared to the other islands I wouldnt shun it. It has some beautiful areas and beaches.
+1
Old Jun 5, 2016, 1:39 pm

Look, I did find some nice places there. Let me prove it to you
Still, I'm gonna say it again - a waste of time.

Old Jun 5, 2016, 1:43 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Big_Foot: Really stunning pictures you have there. What kind of camera did you use?
Old Jun 5, 2016, 8:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 747FC
Big_Foot: Really stunning pictures you have there. What kind of camera did you use?
He has said in many other posts he shots on the Sony mirrorless system A7 series and the 35mm full frame fixed lens and manual focus expensive Lecia glass.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.