Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One week in mid July?

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2016, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

One week in mid July?

We are based in NYC and looking to celebrate a big birthday in mid July with 1 week off. We prefer a mix of adventure/nature/good food/architecture and are looking for a destination property. Some of the places we stayed and enjoyed include:

Amangiri
Dunton hot springs
Tierra Patagonia
Nam hai
Post ranch in
Hacienda San Agustin de Callo

We were considering amanpulo - although it's far for one week, but monsoon season in July makes it difficult. There's also Newfoundland and fogo island inn but we were exploring beach options (sans major Zika outbreaks).

Any thoughts? Perhaps the Mediterranean/Greece? Thanks in advance for all your help
Old May 8, 2016, 8:57 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

You will find some nice options in Hawaii. Easy travel from NYC. There are definitely destination hotels there. Four Seasons on the Big Island is much loved as is the Mauna Kea Beach Hotel, both on Big Island of Hawaii. I happen to think the Big Island offers everything you are looking for but others feel the same way about Maui and Kaui.
Welcome to Flyertalk Dailln4n4
Old May 9, 2016, 11:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Amanzoe could be an idea? Might be too hot?

Disclaimer: Haven't been.
Old May 9, 2016, 11:22 am

Given the criteria, Aman Sveti Stefan fits the bill rather well. Beaches, too.
Old May 9, 2016, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by Dailln4n4
We are based in NYC and looking to celebrate a big birthday in mid July with 1 week off. We prefer a mix of adventure/nature/good food/architecture and are looking for a destination property.
Central Park NYC seems to fit your criteria, followed by a celebratory dinner in a smart restaurant. Elsewhere, July is to be avoided as it's peak holiday season everywhere, especially Europe. However, game viewing in Southern Africa is good at this time of year and there are cruises up to Svalbard. I'd just avoid resort hotels, even the Amans in Europe which are pretty much isolated.

Last edited by Pausanias; May 9, 2016 at 11:45 pm
Old May 9, 2016, 11:00 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Amankila in Bali. Good weather around that time. Plenty to do (or not do if you prefer that) in the area - snorkeling, diving, hiking, temples, palaces, villages etc.

Food at the resort is fantastic. Not much in the way of options nearby, but if you don't mind going quite local, there's much to be found in the vicinity.
Old May 10, 2016, 12:25 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Dailln4n4
We are based in NYC and looking to celebrate a big birthday in mid July with 1 week off. We prefer a mix of adventure/nature/good food/architecture and are looking for a destination property.
We stayed at Twin Farms in Vermont last July and had an amazing time, so much so that we are going back there for part of our honeymoon in September.

There's plenty to do there, some great food and drink and probably the best service I've had anywhere.

5-6 hour drive from NYC or a short flight up to Burlington so travelling wouldn't eat into your week too much.
Old May 12, 2016, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Thank you all for your amazing recommendations and replies. I think we will look into Amanzoe and another property for the 10 days/week off.

I know Indonesia is a great in July, but we were just there last year, and we've never seen the mediterranean except from Alexandria in egypt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.