Wiki Posts
Search

All things Mandarin Oriental...

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2016, 6:43 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 0bsidian
Not that it's of much significance, but I just found it interesting that Jean-Michel Gathy's firm website confirms they are working on the MO Bali:

http://www.denniston.com.my/webpagev2/projects.html
Yeah, I have no doubt it'll get built..I'm just not holding my breath re: timing.

It's also apparent that putting that sort of project on a contractors website makes them look really, really good.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
On my last visit to the MO DC, i stayed in a club room with access to the Club lounge. However I had to check-in/out in the main lobby and wait about 5 minutes, but according to their website I should have done that in the Club lounge. Should I complain?
Old Jan 1, 2018, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by GodAtum
On my last visit to the MO DC, i stayed in a club room with access to the Club lounge. However I had to check-in/out in the main lobby and wait about 5 minutes, but according to their website I should have done that in the Club lounge. Should I complain?
Why? Were the five minutes a hardship? If that’s the worst thing that happened, it does not sound like it was that bad. While that should have been proactively offered, there are possible reasons why they might have to do it at the front desk.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
LOL, really? Pick your battles.
MikeFromTokyo likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 4:14 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by callmedtop

LOL, really? Pick your battles.
Of mixed feelings about things like this. While in the grand scheme of things 5 minutes of waiting isn’t a big deal, it is a bit of a pet peeve of mine when I have to wait at a front desk for service in a 5* hotel. Queuing is hardly the epitome of luxury
Old Jan 1, 2018, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Times like that, just march to the lounge and demand check-in there. Easy peasy.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 6:05 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Yes. Ask for a full refund for your stay and unlimited free stays at ALL MO moving forward. It's only reasonable to expect this for the trauma they put you through.
MikeFromTokyo likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by Cityflyer10
Of mixed feelings about things like this. While in the grand scheme of things 5 minutes of waiting isn’t a big deal, it is a bit of a pet peeve of mine when I have to wait at a front desk for service in a 5* hotel. Queuing is hardly the epitome of luxury
MO DC is not the epitome of luxury, nor would it’s rates suggest that it were.

It could be that the club lounge was closed at tge time of arrival, or that the hotel though that check in at the front desk would be faster than going to the club lounge, which may have been busy already with other guests.

But, I totally think the guest should be refunded for the stay. And perhaps comped suite stays in Bangkok, Hong Kong, Tokyo, and Paris inclusive of full board as a gesture of goodwill!
Old Jan 1, 2018, 6:51 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Lots of vitriol seems to be pointed re: Club lounge check in.... but in general I've always found Club Lounge check in to be a waste, unless someone manages to intercept me before I come close to the front desk... many times I've waited online at the front desk and when I got to the desk they've said "oh let us check you in in the lounge"... I always decline as I'm already perfectly positioned for checkin....

FDW
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 12:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold
Just had one of my worse luxury hotel experiences in MO HK (which put a dent to an otherwise fantastic 2.5 week trip). Done with this brand for a while.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by Zephyrous
Just had one of my worse luxury hotel experiences in MO HK (which put a dent to an otherwise fantastic 2.5 week trip). Done with this brand for a while.
Care to elaborate? Even though the MO isn't my first or even second choice in Hong Kong, it still has a very good reputation on this forum.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 12:28 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..

Oh dear , what happened ?

They had to do some recovery last month when we stayed , eventually they gave as 2 suites to occupy .
Strange situation as we are usually in a particular suite ..

We had come from TUH after “ lunch “ / late afternoon , so they had had ample time to sort things . Had even popped by the day before , so they were rather surprised as we had not checked in

Was just about to email them about another stay . Also , for MOBKK this month .

There are no club floors for these 2 MOs .
Old Jan 2, 2018, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Hope they will give you some decent service recovery. Bad service can happen anywhere.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 7:32 am

Programs: Amanjunkie, LH SEN
Lousy food and mediocre service at MO Singapore

Just stayed at MO Singapore.
For my taste, it has the absolutely best Singapore location & really the best possible views from the Marina Bay Club Suites.
These suites have in fact much better views than the larger suites, which are strangely looking towards office buildings at the back...?!?

But: astonishingly lousy food and mediocre service! Especially executive lounge service & food felt like a mediocre airport lounge, and really low quality breakfast food in both lounge and breakfast restaurant! The bread was soft like in the cheapest supermarket...
Only Italian Restaurant with good food and good service.

Strange, how much worse regarding food, design and service than for example MO BKK or MO Munich. There must be a major problem in the MO headquarters when the brand is so volatile in its quality....
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:07 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
I don't think anyone is astonished by the lousy food and mediocre service at MO Singapore surely? It's well known for being a pretty poor hotel, even for Singapore, a city with not many great hotels.
bhrubin likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.