Reload this Page >

Thailand: Soneva Kiri vs. Amanpuri vs. Phulay Bay

Thailand: Soneva Kiri vs. Amanpuri vs. Phulay Bay

Old Apr 8, 2016, 3:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: No program whatsoever
Originally Posted by TMM1982
Why not the Conrad Koh Samui?
Don't think the Conrad can compete with the FS Samui - and I've been to the latter a few times, so would like to try something different.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 8:25 am

Posting from the Trisara - it's a great, very accommodating property.

The director of F&B Mr Q is excellent. Do make sure to try the 'Trigger A Smile' cocktail, which I guarantee will do just that.

The highlight for me is the physical activities - from SUP (be careful with the rocks near the shore) to excellent dedicated onsite TRX & Tennis training.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 8:45 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Starting to look at options in Phuket for a trip later this year. For those that have been to Point Yamu, any context as to why it is significantly cheaper than Trisara/Amanpuri?

I get that Trisara/Amanpuri are a cut above, but I'm just surprised by the price difference as Point Yamu is showing up as 1/2th to 1/3rd the price and just want to make sure I'm not missing something.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by sfoactuary
Starting to look at options in Phuket for a trip later this year. For those that have been to Point Yamu, any context as to why it is significantly cheaper than Trisara/Amanpuri?

I get that Trisara/Amanpuri are a cut above, but I'm just surprised by the price difference as Point Yamu is showing up as 1/2th to 1/3rd the price and just want to make sure I'm not missing something.
They are not comparable properties. Point Yamu is more of a four star propety. I can't comment on it as I have not been, but I suspect it could be good value at the rates you describe.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 8:37 am

Point Yamu by COMO works if you take one of the Villas. The food is very good, but the main building is a bit brutal for this part of the world. Also, the beach club is a 45 minute boat ride away. You cannot compare it with Trisara or Amanpuri.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: No program whatsoever
Out of curiosity, what is the consensus on the Surin?
A Thai friend recommended it saying she often prefers it to Amanpuri, but checking a few pictures online I wasn't too impressed.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by 0bsidian
Out of curiosity, what is the consensus on the Surin?
A Thai friend recommended it saying she often prefers it to Amanpuri, but checking a few pictures online I wasn't too impressed.
And you were right not to be - it is a good 4-star, but nothing more.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 11:28 am
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

I feel like Trisara is the type of place I'd send my mother.

I would find Yamu more enjoyable.

Macmyday has been to Amanpuri and Iniala, and both of us think that it's the superior place in the area. I'd opt for Yamu for value or splurge for Iniala, probably Villa Bianca. The middle stuff, meh.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by declinespecificinformation
I feel like Trisara is the type of place I'd send my mother.

I would find Yamu more enjoyable.

Macmyday has been to Amanpuri and Iniala, and both of us think that it's the superior place in the area. I'd opt for Yamu for value or splurge for Iniala, probably Villa Bianca. The middle stuff, meh.
I think in that scenario your mother would be the luckiest one

I have no desire to ever go near Point Yamu or Iniala.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 3:48 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
I think in that scenario your mother would be the luckiest one

I have no desire to ever go near Point Yamu or Iniala.
+1

Would prefer the villas at Puri or 2 bedroom at Trisara .
Aman ' s beach is best & one can trust AZ ' s choice especially for his pioneering property

Point Yamu has no beach but very interesting long pool .
As for Iniala , think won ' t be able to relax there looking at the ID or style .

Will be back at Puri next week but my cousins have decided on The Surin ( which doesn't belong here ) for the " exercise " , no buggies at Surin . Will meet them on the beach
Old Apr 27, 2016, 8:55 pm

The Surin is a very nice four star resort. It could be very appealing if it were not next to Amanpuri...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.