Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Luxury hotel's sheets

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2016, 12:05 pm

Last summer I purchased linen bedsheets from Linoto and have not looked back. I put aside some very new Frette sheets (that were nice and crisp, like a freshly ironed dress shirt) because the linen was so much nicer. It's an expensive habit, but if you're looking at Frette/Sferra/custom anyway, you're close to that price point.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Buster
Last summer I purchased linen bedsheets from Linoto and have not looked back. I put aside some very new Frette sheets (that were nice and crisp, like a freshly ironed dress shirt) because the linen was so much nicer. It's an expensive habit, but if you're looking at Frette/Sferra/custom anyway, you're close to that price point.
Having switched from linen to crisp Frette sheets, I definitely sometimes miss the linen. It's very different, and very cozy. Having a European mother, we grew up in a linen bedsheets "household".

That said, I prefer the Frette. The SO prefers the linen, FWIW.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 3:52 pm

Frette is indeed popular for hotels but they do ave a hotel range .
I have been using Pratesi and its crisp and fine and just amazing on the skin .
Others I have used and still do with similar results is Porthault , Vis a Vis ( bought a long while ago )
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 7:59 am

Well, most of the hotels use polycotton sheets, Which are wrinkle-free with shrinkage control, easy washable and breathable
Old Nov 8, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Frette is a pretty popular household name and very very nice.

I’ve found MO to consistently offer the best sheets across their hotels - super tight weave, crisp and silk like smoothness. In Dubai, they use a Singaporean brand (can’t remember the brand), in Bangkok, it’s super luscious Pakistani made sheets and HK has super nice sheets as well.

Connaught uses White Company which is nice.
Lanesborough uses an American company (name is lost on me too).
Rosewoods gravitate towards Rivolta for all the properties I’ve stayed at.

I’m a big linens need given I’m constantly trying to recreate the hotel bed experience at home with sheets (we use Frette given how readily available it is), shams, pillows, etc. There is nothing more luxurious at home than hopping into your bed with some damn fine linens, it’ll improve your life that much more...
Old Nov 8, 2019, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by ngfan
I like Frette quite well but it's a pain to get hand on the "plain white sheet" style hotel collection as a consumer.
https://www.ritzcarltonshops.com/cat...ategoryLevel=1

There you go.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 12:43 pm

Tielle are the consumer side of a company that supply a lot of well known 5 star places in London and the U.K. generally. They list on particular linen/bedding types which hotels use them. Lots of them are places that get a lot of love on this board. https://www.tielleloveluxury.co.uk

I rang them once to ask a question pre-order (I was trying to create the feel of a particularly nice hotel bed) and the chap that answered was incredibly knowledgable. He immediately asked me to name all my favourite hotels to help him guide me. He knew them all and what they used plus the bed dressing style and if they had an in-house laundry! I was incredibly impressed....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.