Rome Luxury Hotel

Old Jun 27, 2019, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Pausanias
Were you served by the Sultan of Brunei?
This would have been fun! Perhaps not for him but for me
Old Jun 28, 2019, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by Baghoarder
Any recent stays at JK Place?
Was there last summer. Loved the location and the service. If I remember correctly, room not that large but such is Rome hotels. Would gladly return again!
Old Jun 29, 2019, 1:34 am

Programs: QF CL
Originally Posted by HKTraveler

Was there last summer. Loved the location and the service. If I remember correctly, room not that large but such is Rome hotels. Would gladly return again!
Thanks! Location is something I am particularly interested in. It seems to me that many of Romes features are within walking distance?
Old Jun 29, 2019, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Baghoarder
Thanks! Location is something I am particularly interested in. It seems to me that many of Romes features are within walking distance?
I enjoy walking a lot and even walked to the Vatican and Colosseum which are both about 30 mins away. About the perfect distance to fit a gelato in between!
Baghoarder likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 9:23 am

I'm deciding between the Hassler (a Junior Suite or above?) and Hotel de Russie (deluxe king or above?). Have stayed at the Hassler years ago but never the Hotel de Russie. Would appreciate any comparisons/thoughts.
Thanks!
Old Jul 10, 2019, 8:53 pm

I have never stated at the Hotel de Russie but have had the pleasure of staying at the Hassler on more than one occasion. The staff and service is top notch, the rooms are wonderful and the location is great. I never hesitate booking our holiday in Rome at the Hassler.
obscure2k likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 4:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by bebop bonnie
I'm deciding between the Hassler (a Junior Suite or above?) and Hotel de Russie (deluxe king or above?). Have stayed at the Hassler years ago but never the Hotel de Russie. Would appreciate any comparisons/thoughts.
Thanks!
I've used the Russie for all my recent non-business stays in Rome. My time spent in a hotel in Rome is usually limited to just going to bed (it is Rome after all) but for anything that I've ever needed, the staff were graceful and on point.

The interior design/decoration of the rooms is not necessarily my thing, and chances are with that a Deluxe King one may end up looking out to the side of another building, but those things never registered as issues for me.

I am not sure that there is a definite winner between the two, other than perhaps the Russie having a slightly better location.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 7:36 am

Thank you both for your response,,and valued opinions. Long story, but as it turns out, I'm now booked at The Portrait Roma. Stayed there a few years ago...and hope it's as good as I remember. At least we know the locations hasn't changed!! Trip isn't til October, so I am still open to other options and options. Thanks very much!
Old Jul 11, 2019, 10:48 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Having trouble deciding btw the Fendi Suites and JK Place hotel. any thoughts one way or the other?
Old Jul 11, 2019, 7:27 pm

I recommend the Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Resort - Stayed there for a week and it was absolutely stunning for anybody interested
Old Jul 12, 2019, 4:12 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
why would i stay at a resort in a city like rome???
Old Jul 12, 2019, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by krotondo
I recommend the Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Resort - Stayed there for a week and it was absolutely stunning for anybody interested
Only had dinner there but can't say I was too enthusiastic about the hotel. First the lobby is impersonal, old fashioned and not inviting for me. Second location is (if you aren't after the view) everything else than stunning. You always need to drive to the city, in many cases it's especially at peak traffic times more a journey.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sophialite
why would i stay at a resort in a city like rome???
This may be the only reason for me to stay there. If someone not wonna do sightseeing all day (or for example children don't wonna do) and enjoy a resort the rest of the day. Will try it now in Athens.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 4:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold
I stayed at the Cavalieri on a work conference earlier in the year. It is dated (hard to put my finger on how but I would say it has a 60s kitsch vibe to it). The pool area is nice as is the rooftop view. Along with my room being massive (not sure of the category, that is about it in terms of positives.

What I found surprising was that for a hotel which has a 3 star restaurant, the rest of the dining in it was garbage (i.e. by far the worse food I've had in Rome - including tourist-y pizza places).
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zephyrous
I stayed at the Cavalieri on a work conference earlier in the year. It is dated (hard to put my finger on how but I would say it has a 60s kitsch vibe to it). The pool area is nice as is the rooftop view. Along with my room being massive (not sure of the category, that is about it in terms of positives.

What I found surprising was that for a hotel which has a 3 star restaurant, the rest of the dining in it was garbage (i.e. by far the worse food I've had in Rome - including tourist-y pizza places).
Found it also somewhat dated. When we enterd I thought I went back to the 60s, a Little bit like Castillo Son Vida on Mallorca.
Impressions:

This said restaurant La Pergola is great.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.