Wiki Posts
Search

Rome Luxury Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2017, 8:56 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by bhrubin
I’d definitely wait until the StR Rome is finished...or at least until a good half or more of the rooms/suites are renovated and available! I’ll actually be at the StR Florence and in Tuscany at La Bandita Townhouse (Design) next Oct, but I don’t want to risk a stop here unless I know for sure it’s done.
Do come visit for a drink when you're at La Bandita - we live just 15 minutes away from Pienza!
FlyerEC and bhrubin like this.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 7:27 am

Will the StR renovations be completed by October '18?
Old Jan 3, 2018, 11:33 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by JetAway
Will the StR renovations be completed by October '18?
I’d contact the hotel manager and ask about the progress on the rooms/suites renovation. They expected to be done by 2017 and weren’t, so it clearly is taking longer than expected. Duh!

I think they expect now to be completed by summer 2018, but that’s still not guaranteed. IMO, as long as they have a good supply (even half) of properly renovated rooms and suites available, I’d be willing to return. There were no renovated rooms and suites available for our stay in Oct 2017, with the room/suite renovations in full swing, and those didn’t disturb us in the slightest.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 12:44 pm

I’d contact the hotel manager and ask about the progress on the rooms/suites renovation. They expected to be done by 2017 and weren’t, so it clearly is taking longer than expected. Duh!

I think they expect now to be completed by summer 2018, but that’s still not guaranteed. IMO, as long as they have a good supply (even half) of properly renovated rooms and suites available, I’d be willing to return. There were no renovated rooms and suites available for our stay in Oct 2017, with the room/suite renovations in full swing, and those didn’t disturb us in the slightest.
Are there any concept or mock-up pictures of the renovated rooms?
Old Jan 6, 2018, 12:48 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Five Star Traveller
Are there any concept or mock-up pictures of the renovated rooms?
I’ve seen nothing, sorry. But from Mark Lannoy, Complex Manager (overseeing both the StR and Westin), in response to a recent TripAdvisor review:

Half of the new rooms will be completed in March 2018.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 1:54 pm

I’ve seen nothing, sorry. But from Mark Lannoy, Complex Manager (overseeing both the StR and Westin), in response to a recent TripAdvisor review:

I had a look on their website, and the pictures for the Junior Suite seem to be very different from the one you pictured in your report. Very different design from all the other pre-renovated room categories as well.

Junior Suite, The St. Regis Rome, Official Website

I wonder if these are actually the renovated version.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 2:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Five Star Traveller
I had a look on their website, and the pictures for the Junior Suite seem to be very different from the one you pictured in your report. Very different design from all the other pre-renovated room categories as well.

Junior Suite, The St. Regis Rome, Official Website

I wonder if these are actually the renovated version.
You may be right. If this is an example of a renovated junior suite, I confess to being a bit confused—as the style in the lobby and public spaces is considerably more modern (and more masculine in palette).

That being said, the photos do suggest much newer and fresher furnishings, a cleaned up TV console reminiscent of but much more polished than the previous version, new hardwood floors, and obviously new moldings. Perhaps they were trying to stay with classic Roman sense of place in rooms and suites even as they contemporized the public spaces.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 11:11 am

Would you guys choose the Westin Excelsior or the Boscolo Exedera?
Old Jan 12, 2018, 11:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by phant0m
Would you guys choose the Westin Excelsior or the Boscolo Exedera?
I think the service is likely better at the Westin and the hotel has a fresher hard product at the Boscolo. If you're SPG Plat, I'd go with the Westin for the more generous benefits at SPG hotels. If you're only Gold, that wouldn't be a big factor except for breakfast at the Boscolo.

Unless you prefer one location better, I'd choose between them based on whether you prefer great soft product (service) or better/newer hard product (room/hotel decor). We visited and checked out the Boscolo while staying at the StR across the street. It's a perfectly nice hotel, more 4* than 5* to me, but then we were at the StR! But I do hear the Westin is a little dated...so it depends on your priorities.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 1:32 am

FWIW I liked de Russie but our stay was +10 years ago. Location is fantastic but rooms were seriously on the small side.

If you have some extra time, combine city hotel with La Posta Vecchia (just outside Rome city; seaside location).
Old Feb 14, 2018, 10:22 am

I think the service is likely better at the Westin and the hotel has a fresher hard product at the Boscolo. If you're SPG Plat, I'd go with the Westin for the more generous benefits at SPG hotels. If you're only Gold, that wouldn't be a big factor except for breakfast at the Boscolo.

Unless you prefer one location better, I'd choose between them based on whether you prefer great soft product (service) or better/newer hard product (room/hotel decor). We visited and checked out the Boscolo while staying at the StR across the street. It's a perfectly nice hotel, more 4* than 5* to me, but then we were at the StR! But I do hear the Westin is a little dated...so it depends on your priorities.
Sooo I waited too long and everything doubled in price.

I had found this deal, Stack Prestige + SPG promo Buy 4 get 2 free - Frequent Miler and was gonna combine it with my Citi 4th night free at the St. Regis but I kept being lazy and it seems like rooms all over Rome are getting booked up for April.

Last night I ended up booking the G-Rough hotel. I'm not sure how I'll like it, it's different, but from reading up on it, people seem to love it and I like it's location.

Hotel in Copenhagen | Nobis Hotel Copenhagen, a Member of Design Hotels?

Crazy thing is, I checked prices this morning and they went up too over 100 euro a night. Thank got I booked yesterday.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 3:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
I prefer the Hassler to the Hotel de Russia, but I don't care for any of the top hotels in Rome as they feel overpriced. To whoever mentioned the Hotel Raphael earlier, def avoid. The location, roof bar and exterior are nice, but the rooms are not. Last trip I stayed at the boutique HT6 Hotel and would likely return there. The neighborhood is more interesting, it's away from most of the crowds, but a close walk to the major points of interest. It's close to Trastavere, and a duplex junior suite was laughably cheap.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Plat, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
I prefer the Hassler to the Hotel de Russia, but I don't care for any of the top hotels in Rome as they feel overpriced. To whoever mentioned the Hotel Raphael earlier, def avoid. The location, roof bar and exterior are nice, but the rooms are not. Last trip I stayed at the boutique HT6 Hotel and would likely return there. The neighborhood is more interesting, it's away from most of the crowds, but a close walk to the major points of interest. It's close to Trastavere, and a duplex junior suite was laughably cheap.
Disagree on Hotel Raphael. I had a stay there last month in a Richard Meier Suite and it was beautifully designed and very comfortable. Amazingly central location. Public areas were undistinguished but the service was good and the room outstanding. The design consciously brought elements of the cityscape into the room through the windows, mirrors, etc. I would go back without hesitation.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 4:44 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Any recent experiences at The Hotel Majestic?

The location seems good, and I've noticed a few positive mentions on this thread. The rates are attractive, as a one-bedroom suite can be had for the cost of an entry-level room at some of the

The outdoor spaces look nice as well, though we won't be making much use of them in December.

We're also considering the Junior Suite or Alcove Suite at the Gran Melia red level, and the Residenza Napoleone III which seems like a really neat non-hotel experience. (We've ruled out the Hotel FortySeven based on Pausanias' report here).

We tend to prefer charming, smaller luxury boutique hotels over grand dames and big modern properties, if that helps. Certainly open to other hotel suggestions, as well as luxury villa/apartment rentals.

As I mentioned in the other thread, the price-value ratio for the standard set of "top" hotels in Rome (Hassler/Russie/Eden) seems way out of wack.

Thanks!
Old Mar 24, 2018, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by ray1022
xxxxxxxxxxxEdited by O2K as deleted post was referenced.<br /><br />If anyone wants any further info on our trip to Positano/Rome cited in my report, please do message me. Happy to help!
<br />thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.