Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rome Luxury Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2018, 4:50 am

If you stay at the Raphael you should check out the food policy. I fancied the Meier suites and liked the location of the hotel. It's also R&C so I hoped for an upgrade. However, the food is vegetarian only and that rather put me off which is one reason we ended up at Hotel Forty-Seven. I discount all the American chain hotels in Rome and they are not in the right locations for me. I've stayed at the Hassler and favour it as it's locally owned and not a chain but it's still far from the main sightseeing which for me is all about Ancient Rome.

By the way, if you stay at the Raphael or find yourself at the Pantheon there is a fabulous restaurant nearby - Armando al Pantheon. It's rare to find a serious restaurant so close to a tourist hot-spot but this is the real thing - buzzy and authentic Roman food.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: BA Gold
We have an upcoming reservation at the Villa Spalletti Trivelli in one of their Garden Suites. Has anybody got any experience of this small hotel?
Old Jun 15, 2018, 5:40 am

Programs: AmEx Gold PR, BoA Plat Priv
I'm staying at Rome Cavalieri at the moment, and I'm unpleasantly surprised by the spotty service. I hope this is an exception (perhaps the hotel is full and the staff temporarily overwhelmed) rather than a rule, as it rather spoils the otherwise fine experience here.

When I arrived yesterday, my room was supposed to be ready by 3pm, but it wasn't. I only got the keys at 4pm and went up, while they promised to send the luggage. The luggage didn't arrive until 4:45pm, after repeated calls to the concierge and empty promises "it's on its way". After spending ~15hrs on the road with a 3yo, this was a rather unnecessary inconvenience, and the inaccurate promises made it much worse.

The front desk promised to install a rollaway bed in the room by 7pm. After going out, I returned round 9pm and asked the front desk in passing if the bed was installed; they said it was. But it wasn't! I had to ask for it again the next day.

As I write this, I'm awaiting an ironing board I ordered about half an hour ago. So far I've had to call the front desk twice. Let's see if that suffices.

Going by this, I can hardly tell I'm at a Waldorf-Astoria; I'd be forgiven for assuming I accidentally entered a local Holiday Inn. :/
offerendum likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by ZortNarf
I'm staying at Rome Cavalieri at the moment, and I'm unpleasantly surprised by the spotty service. I hope this is an exception (perhaps the hotel is full and the staff temporarily overwhelmed) rather than a rule, as it rather spoils the otherwise fine experience here.

When I arrived yesterday, my room was supposed to be ready by 3pm, but it wasn't. I only got the keys at 4pm and went up, while they promised to send the luggage. The luggage didn't arrive until 4:45pm, after repeated calls to the concierge and empty promises "it's on its way". After spending ~15hrs on the road with a 3yo, this was a rather unnecessary inconvenience, and the inaccurate promises made it much worse.

The front desk promised to install a rollaway bed in the room by 7pm. After going out, I returned round 9pm and asked the front desk in passing if the bed was installed; they said it was. But it wasn't! I had to ask for it again the next day.

As I write this, I'm awaiting an ironing board I ordered about half an hour ago. So far I've had to call the front desk twice. Let's see if that suffices.

Going by this, I can hardly tell I'm at a Waldorf-Astoria; I'd be forgiven for assuming I accidentally entered a local Holiday Inn. :/
I'd be extremely annoyed by all of that.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 11:22 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia

Sorry to hear this-- was considering spending the final night of our Italy trip (later this summer) at the Cavalieri, but it's a Sunday night, so La Pergola isn't open, which was one of the main reasons for us to try it out. Last trip to Rome we stayed at the St Regis, which I didn't find to be particularly impressive or luxurious. Then again, I think they've since remodeled, so maybe it's a bit nicer now.

Separately, has anyone stayed at the Fendi Private Suites? Looked fun, so I booked it for the first 3 nights of our trip before heading north.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 12:12 pm

Programs: AmEx Gold PR, BoA Plat Priv
Got the ironing board after only two calls, yay! 😂 But now the malfunctioning key card required two trips to the front desk from the room. 🙄

Originally Posted by ps9a
Sorry to hear this-- was considering spending the final night of our Italy trip (later this summer) at the Cavalieri, but it's a Sunday night, so La Pergola isn't open, which was one of the main reasons for us to try it out. Last trip to Rome we stayed at the St Regis, which I didn't find to be particularly impressive or luxurious. Then again, I think they've since remodeled, so maybe it's a bit nicer now
I doubt you need to be a Cavalieri guest to dine at La Pergola. But reservations are extremely difficult to come by, even by Cavalieri concierge.

Just came back from afternoon tea at St. Regis, and the renovated lobby is very nice (I recall previously seeing photos of it here in a trip report). The tea itself was mediocre, with clumsy and inattentive service.

Last edited by RichardInSF; Jun 19, 2018 at 6:59 am Reason: Consecutive posts by same member
Old Jun 15, 2018, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
I doubt you need to be a Cavalieri guest to dine at La Pergola. But reservations are extremely difficult to come by, even by Cavalieri concierge.

Just came back from afternoon tea at St. Regis, and the renovated lobby is very nice (I recall previously seeing photos of it here in a trip report). The tea itself was mediocre, with clumsy and inattentive service.
I didn't experience great service in Rome so far. Have to stay in the next time and really not sure were to stay. One of the cities you don't get what you pay for.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 3:12 pm

Nope you don't. Amex Platinum has a relationship with them so I used their concierge to book a table for me. If you're doing the tasting menu, it goes on for a long time. I had a 7pm dinner reservation and by the time we got up and out it was midnight. Amazing experience though and I would definitely do it again. 10 course plus wine pairing was a ton of food. I'd probably do the 7 courses next time.

Originally Posted by offerendum

I didn't experience great service in Rome so far. Have to stay in the next time and really not sure were to stay. One of the cities you don't get what you pay for.
My stay at the St. Regis during their renovation in 2016 was nothing to write home about. I had an amazing stay at the SPG Design hotel, G-Rough. Very small and boutique with only 10 suites in the entire hotel but it allows the staff to really get to know you one on one and accommodate everything you need.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by phant0m
My stay at the St. Regis during their renovation in 2016 was nothing to write home about. I had an amazing stay at the SPG Design hotel, G-Rough. Very small and boutique with only 10 suites in the entire hotel but it allows the staff to really get to know you one on one and accommodate everything you need.
Sane here with St. Regis. Not bad (even like location) but very golden and prices are much too high for what you get.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 5:07 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
We stayed at the St Regis Rome in Oct 2017 and had a very nice stay, actually—even as the renovations were still ongoing. (The renovations of public spaces was finished this past winter, and the rooms/suites renovation is expected to be completed by early next month.)

St Regis Rome: a spectacularly beautiful and wonderful hotel even amidst renovation

The public spaces at the St Regis are spectacular and among the best we’ve seen in many cities. Certainly, they are the nicest we saw in Rome among the Eden, Hassler, Manfredi, etc.

Service for us overall was very good, though we did have a few misses. Considering the hotel was in the midst of a massive renovation, I’d say the hotel did pretty well. That being said, we’ve heard here on FT about comparable or far worse happening at even higher price points at the Eden, Hassler, de Russie, and Cavalieri.

For us, we’d unquestionably return to the St Regis in Rome. The Eden, Hassler, de Russie, Manfredi, and even JK Place and Fendi are usually as expensive if not more expensive, to boot.

Last edited by bhrubin; Jun 15, 2018 at 5:12 pm
Old Sep 22, 2018, 6:58 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Has anyone else been to the Hotel Eden recently? Would love to have more data post its reno.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by BESVISOR
Has anyone else been to the Hotel Eden recently? Would love to have more data post its reno.
Take this data and shove it up your...beautiful, handsome face

Here's something I wrote before on it, after our stay in June.

I enjoyed it, but for me it just lacked those facilities I appreciate in a hotel: lounge area or proper spa. The food was good, I like the location and we were in a really nice suite, but I still don’t feel it’s quite a destination hotel, i.e. a place you’d go just for the hotel. If you wanted to be in Rome, it’s a good option and the views are beautiful. We also went to Hotel de Russie for lunch and I was honestly surprised how nice it was: loved the garden, loved their spa and the rooms were nowhere near as bad as they looked on the website. From my view, I’d recommend Eden, particularly for the rooms and views, but I think we’d give Hotel de Russie a go next time. Eden did nothin wrong and the service was spot on, but it's the same reason like why I don’t stay at The Beaumont as much: I prefer extra facilities in a hotel to truly love it.
BESVISOR likes this.

Last edited by MacMyDay; Sep 22, 2018 at 7:20 am
Old Sep 22, 2018, 7:37 am
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
@MacMyDay Thank you dearly!!! But how do you know I have a face? I could easily be a bot, and let's just call me Skynet, for now.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 7:40 am

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by BESVISOR
we have visited since the renovation. nice hard product. good food. Beware room categories; we had to ask for a downgrade from our supposed "upgrade"; category designations are fundamentally incorrect in some cases so make sure you get detailed specific room descriptions. Service a mixed bag; staff range from excellent (admittedly not many of them) to easily-confused to downright unhelpful.
BESVISOR likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 2:37 pm
formerly htang333

Originally Posted by Altocumulus
we have visited since the renovation. nice hard product. good food. Beware room categories; we had to ask for a downgrade from our supposed "upgrade"; category designations are fundamentally incorrect in some cases so make sure you get detailed specific room descriptions. Service a mixed bag; staff range from excellent (admittedly not many of them) to easily-confused to downright unhelpful.
Thank you so much for kindly sharing!!! Really appreciate it!

Booking for a client with very strict requirements. Current front runner is the Bellavista Penthouse which occupy the entire 6th floor but lacks the ability to connect to a second bedroom, which is needed for child and nanny. So, working to find a solution but also great to know the service can be inconsistent. I'll be sure to push on that a bit with the team.

Between you and MacMyDay's feedback, very happy to receive confirmation that the hard product was renovated nicely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.