Rome Luxury Hotel

Old Jul 4, 2017, 3:33 pm

Anyone stayed in the Fendi suites in Rome? Might be off the beaten track surely, but could be an option? http://www.fendiprivatesuites.com Nice design but "Suites" marketing probably indicates big trade-off in terms of amenities, F&B, etc.

Wanted to check out Hotel Eden after renovations but knowing my schedule it probably won't happen this summer. Hope it is as good as it looks...
Old Jul 5, 2017, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by scented
Anyone stayed in the Fendi suites in Rome? Might be off the beaten track surely, but could be an option? http://www.fendiprivatesuites.com Nice design but "Suites" marketing probably indicates big trade-off in terms of amenities, F&B, etc.

Wanted to check out Hotel Eden after renovations but knowing my schedule it probably won't happen this summer. Hope it is as good as it looks...
As a lover of Fendi, I feel I must stay there the next time I am in Rome. Even if service is less developed that Hotel Eden or de Russie, I'm sure I'll love it. Recently I am drawn more and more to boutique hotels in certain places.

RIP Carla Fendi
Old Oct 4, 2017, 12:04 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Expert review forthcoming, but we had a very nice stay at the largely but not completely renovated StR Rome. It truly is looking to be a spectacular renovation, and the public spaces are incredible. We also saw the Hassler and Eden, and had a fabulous dinner at La Terrazza at the Eden.

Originally Posted by bhrubin
Just finished our 4 night stay at the StR Rome. We had a very nice experience and look forward to returning when its room/suite renovations are completed (estimated for early 2018).

Our stay was not perfect, with a few service misses by the concierge team in terms of dress code and a missed opportunity for a food order at the bar. However, everyone was incredibly friendly, trying hard to please, and eager to help. Food and beverage were fantastic; the breakfast buffet is wonderful, and we loved the lobby bar and restaurant and lounge spaces

The newly renovated lobby and public spaces truly are spectacular. While our junior suite was older, we enjoyed the space, though we wish for a more spacious bath and double vanity. Hopefully, the room and suite renovation will soon address those. The air con was fantastic, so that always pleases me greatly.

We definitely want to return. We visited the Hassler, Eden, and Manfredi while touring and dining around the city, and we still love the StR--despite its current imperfections.

More detailed review forthcoming after our trip concludes in a week (with stays coming at the Imperial Vienna and Prince de Galles Paris).
Old Oct 7, 2017, 9:44 am

Programs: United global services, BA gold,
Having stayed at the St Regis ( before renovation), the Eden ( before renovation), the Westin, the Hassler, the Cavilieri Waldorf , and the Hotel Russie I much prefer the Russie for the location, the service, the beautiful outdoor gardens and everything. I will say one thing I don't like is many of the rooms in the lower categories have shower/tub combo which is a negative for me, but I really like the location and the nice garden. I have had some great rooms at the Hassler, but the throngs of people standing at the top of the Spanish steps is not something I like. I'd love to go back and try the Renovated Eden - love their terrace restaurant, but when I stayed there last it was just so in need of the renovation. For me the Cavilieri is just too far away despite the shuttle, the Westin ( not luxury and way too big), and I have never been crazy about the location of the St Regis although I can imagine with new renovations it must be lovely. So for me number 1 is the Russie, but I haven't tried the Ferragamo which sounds interesting, and maybe back to try the newly redone Eden! Nice to have lots of choices in this wonderful city!
Old Oct 7, 2017, 10:27 am

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by Larkin
Having stayed at the St Regis ( before renovation), the Eden ( before renovation), the Westin, the Hassler, the Cavilieri Waldorf , and the Hotel Russie I much prefer the Russie for the location, the service, the beautiful outdoor gardens and everything. I will say one thing I don't like is many of the rooms in the lower categories have shower/tub combo which is a negative for me, but I really like the location and the nice garden. I have had some great rooms at the Hassler, but the throngs of people standing at the top of the Spanish steps is not something I like. I'd love to go back and try the Renovated Eden - love their terrace restaurant, but when I stayed there last it was just so in need of the renovation. For me the Cavilieri is just too far away despite the shuttle, the Westin ( not luxury and way too big), and I have never been crazy about the location of the St Regis although I can imagine with new renovations it must be lovely. So for me number 1 is the Russie, but I haven't tried the Ferragamo which sounds interesting, and maybe back to try the newly redone Eden! Nice to have lots of choices in this wonderful city!
Boscolo Exedra is nice
Old Oct 7, 2017, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by Larkin
Stayed in an Executive Suite at Russia last year and it had a shower/tub combo also. Kinda disappointing for an otherwise nice hotel. The whole bathroom was subpar
Old Oct 7, 2017, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by op487062
Stayed in an Executive Suite at Russia last year and it had a shower/tub combo also. Kinda disappointing for an otherwise nice hotel. The whole bathroom was subpar
Excactly the reason I never considered it
Old Oct 9, 2017, 11:39 am
BLV

Having stayed at most properties mentioned here I’ve been staying at boutique suites on Via Margutta or Via Babuino past few years and there’s no going back. Until a REALLY a strong property makes it to Rome, perhaps. Or not
Old Oct 14, 2017, 7:26 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Expert review forthcoming, but we had a very nice stay at the largely but not completely renovated StR Rome. It truly is looking to be a spectacular renovation, and the public spaces are incredible. We also saw the Hassler and Eden, and had a fabulous dinner at La Terrazza at the Eden.
Well, here is my expert review of the beautifully renovated but not yet quite finished St Regis Rome:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...enovation-2197

We really had a nice stay, and we absolutely love the new design scheme in the public areas. Here's hoping the renovations of the rooms and suites goes towards a similar or complementary direction. We definitely look forward to returning once the renovation is completed.
ray1022 likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 11:58 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Amex Platinum, Inspirato, UA Spouse of GS,Amanjunkie,Starwood Platinum,Hyatt Diam
Great, detailed report @bhrubin
bhrubin likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 7:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by manstein58
Boscolo Exedra is nice
We did a tour and visit of the Boscolo Exedra, actually, as it is just a block or so from the St Regis--largely because so many well traveled Marriott loyalists spoke so highly of it.

It's a very nice hotel, though I wouldn't put it quite in the same class as some of these other luxury hotels being discussed. The lobby and reception were lovely, but the rooms, while nice and with loads of natural light, were more business distinctive than luxurious to me. The room furnishings were a but eclectic and seemed to a not-quite luxury standard IMO. The hotel is quite large and feels like it. I'd give it 4.0-4.5 stars, but not in the same league as the other 5 star properties we're discussing.
manstein58 likes this.

Last edited by bhrubin; Oct 18, 2017 at 8:04 am
Old Oct 16, 2017, 2:23 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Stayed at D·O·M Hotel Rome last weekend, as all the other luxury options were grossly overpriced. DOM is rated 5-star, but feels more like a 4-star design hotel. Very dark and gloomy public areas and rooms.

Plus point is the location, close to the main tourist area, but still a bit away from the crowds, close to the river and in walking distance to Trastevere across the river.

Fair value, but wouldn't return.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 9:32 pm

Programs: DL, Hilton, National
If you were only looking between StR, Westin, and Cavalieri, I'd definitely go Cavalieri, and agree that the Rome Imperial is the best room to choose.

I actually like the Westin better than the StR, but they are similar. I felt lost in the crowd in both of them, but the Cavalieri just has a more personal and luxurious feel. Great service.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 2:42 pm

Well, here is my expert review of the beautifully renovated but not yet quite finished St Regis Rome:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...enovation-2197

We really had a nice stay, and we absolutely love the new design scheme in the public areas. Here's hoping the renovations of the rooms and suites goes towards a similar or complementary direction. We definitely look forward to returning once the renovation is completed.
Dang. I stayed at the St. Regis for a few nights during their renovation late summer 2016 and I found the hotel really meh and disappointing. These new pictures however look amazing. I'm going back in April but it doesn't look like the rooms will be fully renovated by that time yet. I'll probably wait again to see it in the future.

I'm planning to stay at Boscolo Exedra this time around but I'm getting so many mixed reviews from people. Some people say it's amazing and some say it's meh in luxury terms.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 5:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by phant0m
Dang. I stayed at the St. Regis for a few nights during their renovation late summer 2016 and I found the hotel really meh and disappointing. These new pictures however look amazing. I'm going back in April but it doesn't look like the rooms will be fully renovated by that time yet. I'll probably wait again to see it in the future.

I'm planning to stay at Boscolo Exedra this time around but I'm getting so many mixed reviews from people. Some people say it's amazing and some say it's meh in luxury terms.
I’d definitely wait until the StR Rome is finished...or at least until a good half or more of the rooms/suites are renovated and available! I’ll actually be at the StR Florence and in Tuscany at La Bandita Townhouse (Design) next Oct, but I don’t want to risk a stop here unless I know for sure it’s done.

We toured the Boscolo Exedra, since it’s literally across the street from the StR. The public spaces are nice, with a modern and perhaps slightly sterile twist that is going to be very personal. The rooms and junior suites were nice enough, but I found them not quite luxurious but quite traditional and comfortable. Some might find them feeling dated.

My guess: if you typically or often stay at proper 5 star luxury hotels like those often discussed in this Luxury Forum, the Boscolo may disappoint. If you usually stay at very nice but not quite 5 star hotels, the Boscolo may suit.

If you want another option on points or to take advantage of SPG status, the Westin Excelsior is very well received, too. Pick whichever has a better location for your interests.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.