Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rome Luxury Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2022, 5:10 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Ahh…you miss the point. Central Rome might be busy which is great but other areas lag. Sophisticates should roam
Old Jun 4, 2022, 8:30 pm
BLV

Um, I’m not the one who’s lamenting the emptiness of Via Veneto.

Trastevere was busy on a Tuesday night close to midnight.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 8:24 am

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by BLV
Um, I’m not the one who’s lamenting the emptiness of Via Veneto.

Trastevere was busy on a Tuesday night close to midnight.
Trastevere’s been overrun with tourists for decades now, no? Da Meo Patacca thriving still?
Old Jun 5, 2022, 10:29 am
BLV

No idea. But Taverna Trilussa was packed with mainly Italians. Must have been outtatowners :-D
Old Aug 10, 2022, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Any locals (or anyone else) know when the Bulgari and Six Senses are re-opening? We cancelled a couple of trips over the last couple years (yay Covid) and haven't been in Rome since 2018. Have a trip and stay at Fendi (which we liked last trip) planned for May, but figure it might be fun to try something new. Websites say fall 2022 for Six Senses and sometime 2023 for Bulgari, but not holding my breath.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by ps9a
Any locals (or anyone else) know when the Bulgari and Six Senses are re-opening? We cancelled a couple of trips over the last couple years (yay Covid) and haven't been in Rome since 2018. Have a trip and stay at Fendi (which we liked last trip) planned for May, but figure it might be fun to try something new. Websites say fall 2022 for Six Senses and sometime 2023 for Bulgari, but not holding my breath.
Six Senses probably early 2023. They started hiring a moment ago. Bvlgari not before summer 2023. Just announced the GM, which may hints to a 12-month countdown from now.
ps9a likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 1:29 pm

I'd appreciate suggestions for something around 55-60 sqm, quiet, nice breakfast, well under €2,000/night for November, December or thereabouts. We don't need or want to be near crowds.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 2:25 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Originally Posted by richarddd
I'd appreciate suggestions for something around 55-60 sqm, quiet, nice breakfast, well under €2,000/night for November, December or thereabouts. We don't need or want to be near crowds.
The Portrait is very small and residential and has some lovely suites.
richarddd likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by Valveking
The Portrait is very small and residential and has some lovely suites.
That looks rather nice. We really liked Portrait Firenze, although part of that was location and view.

Any idea why an Executive Studio (65 sqm) would be less expensive than a Junior Suite (46 sqm) and much less than a Timeless Suite (60 sqm) and a Timeless Suite would be so much less than a Via Condotti Suite (62 sqm)? In the latter case, it's a lot more for only 2 sqm more space.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 2:26 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
I think we we had an executive studio. It was very nice. I can’t explain what the difference would be. Ours had a balcony that overlooked the Via Condotti. I am not sure if they upgraded us to a Via Condotti suite? My children stayed in a smaller junior suite which was super nice and spacious for a big city.

they don’t have a full on restaurant but they serve breakfast on the lovely rooftop which has tremendous views over the city. They serve drinks and late afternoon appetizers there as well. All in all, We loved it and would certainly stay there again. The location was fantastic.
richarddd likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 6:54 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

One of the things I notice about Portrait Roma is that a lot of the rooms have smaller beds than King size (queens and doubles)?
Old Aug 19, 2022, 6:23 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by richarddd
I would also suggest Hotel Vilon

It's in a great, but quiet, location and has excellent F&B as well (which the Portrait doesn't offer).
Old Aug 19, 2022, 6:56 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by livefromtuscany

It's in a great, but quiet, location and has excellent F&B as well (which the Portrait doesn't offer).
How would you say Hotel Vilòn compares to JK Place?
Old Aug 21, 2022, 3:43 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by david22
How would you say Hotel Vilòn compares to JK Place?
They are almost next-door to each other, so location is pretty much the same. Vilon feels more intimate and private, I think the room count is about half of JK’s.

Public areas, restaurant and bar are very nice and well designed at both properties. Vilon has their courtyard for outdoor dining, which is a nice advantage in the warmer season.

I like the rooms at Vilon a bit better, they feel “newer”, especially the bathrooms. The terrace rooms/suite at Vilon are as good as it gets in Rome.

Bottom line, I don’t think you can go wrong with either of them.

Vilon also has a newer sister property, Maalot, but I haven’t stayed there yet.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by livefromtuscany

That looks appealing. However, the website pictures of the Villa Suite make it look dark, even with many lights on. Is it dark in person?

How does service compare between Vilon and Portrait Roma?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.