Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rome Luxury Hotel

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2022, 7:05 am

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
We recently stayed at the Portrait and absolutely loved it. Beautiful rooms and great service. It is a very small hotel but in a wonderful location by the Spanish Steps. We had breakfast and pre dinner drinks on the rooftop every night. I highly recommend.

We had a lunch at the De La Ville which also looked great and stopped buy the Hassler one night for a cocktail with friends and were impressed with it as well.
Old May 14, 2022, 10:19 pm

what you think?
checking in between xmas and new years day 2022

2 adults and a 10 year old

st regis at $900 euro/night (im booked here, but having second thoughts after the poor review above)
Portrait about the same price,

the hassler is above my budget, at approx. 1200 euro,

westin excelsior 650 euros

prices are on the hotel website, might be better price if i dig through different channels,
Old May 15, 2022, 1:32 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by reggie108
what you think?
checking in between xmas and new years day 2022,
By the end of the year, the Edition and Six Senses should also be open. Great additions the Roman hotel scene.

I have stayed at St. Regis, wouldn’t return. Location, service, f&b all more than underwhelming.
Old May 20, 2022, 11:38 pm

Programs: DL, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by reggie108
what you think?
checking in between xmas and new years day 2022

2 adults and a 10 year old

st regis at $900 euro/night (im booked here, but having second thoughts after the poor review above)
Portrait about the same price,

the hassler is above my budget, at approx. 1200 euro,

westin excelsior 650 euros

prices are on the hotel website, might be better price if i dig through different channels,
I've stayed at both the Saint Regis and Westin Excelsior recently. Completely agree Saint Regis is a no-go. Service is a joke. Rooms are tiny, unless you're doing a suite. I actually really enjoyed the Westin and thought the service was good. The lobby/taxi stand area is pretty crowded so you don't necessarily get the warm welcome you'd hope for, but it was still a much better stay than the Saint Regis.

I still think the Cavalieri is a great hotel - and my favorite because it is *not* in the city, but up on a hill over looking Rome. You can take the hotel shuttle into the city, or just take a quick taxi ride - which is fast and under $20 each way to/from the city.
Old May 21, 2022, 12:27 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by paterwdb

I still think the Cavalieri is a great hotel - and my favorite because it is *not* in the city, but up on a hill over looking Rome. You can take the hotel shuttle into the city, or just take a quick taxi ride - which is fast and under $20 each way to/from the city.
The Cavalieri is a dreadful, ugly hotel with a lobby that is a zoo where the bellboys yell out flight numbers for countless guests awaiting their airport transfers. The pool, while located within a garden, has Cabanas that overlook the building and its delightful Satellite antenna.

There is no comparison to the StR.

Last edited by m0hamed; May 21, 2022 at 12:40 am
Old May 21, 2022, 2:20 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by m0hamed
The Cavalieri is a dreadful, ugly hotel with a lobby that is a zoo where the bellboys yell out flight numbers for countless guests awaiting their airport transfers. The pool, while located within a garden, has Cabanas that overlook the building and its delightful Satellite antenna.

it is possible to be right about The Cavalieri and wrong about the St. Regis
submonte, Kacee and Jerkstore like this.
Old May 22, 2022, 12:08 pm
BLV

Currently at the Portrait. Not much to add to previous stays - excellent property. Room finishes & details are excellent. Bathroom, walk-in closet/changing area with a steam room & its own gym equipment including a bike is down a flight of stairs.
Old May 22, 2022, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by m0hamed

Only visited La Pergola at Cavalieri which is the best restaurant in Rome and one of the best in Italy in my eyes. A few minutes in the lobby were enough to know that it's not a hotel to stay.

Stayed at StR in 2009, so experience is dated. I'm one of the few who thinks the location is quite good.
Old May 25, 2022, 6:59 am
BLV

Some iShots from Portrait.

Old May 25, 2022, 8:16 am

Great view of the Hassler from there!
offerendum, manstein58 and Lambi like this.
Old May 26, 2022, 7:26 am
BLV

That’s how I like my Hassler - seen from a terrace of a boutique property that’s far too superior 😬
ABG and hypnos8 like this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 10:09 am

Programs: BAEC
Luxury Hotel prices in Rome (or elsewhere in Italy) for decent rooms are around or at least €1000 per night (Spet/Oct). Any recommendations for less that that?

Last edited by RichardInSF; Jun 2, 2022 at 1:59 pm Reason: Deleted irrelevant request for members' personal info.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by docmcdreamy
Luxury Hotel prices in Rome (or elsewhere in Italy) for decent rooms are around or at least €1000 per night (Spet/Oct). Any recommendations for less that that?
That's the price tag today. Sure, for example some very decent hotels in Tuscany charge less, but things are expensive today.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 1:47 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Been at The Aleph the past few days and things are much better in Rome than when i was last here in January but still not great. Had dinner at a place on Via Sardegna- emptied out at 2030 and walked back to hotel. Hardly any traffic on Via Veneto, the big hotels were quiet, only cafe open was Harry’s. Empty storefronts. Know La Dolce Vita days are long gone but this was depressing
Old Jun 3, 2022, 2:04 pm
BLV

Completely different experience from above.

Week of 5/23 Rome was packed and busy way past 11pm.

But then again, I stopped venturing out to Via Veneto ages ago.
livefromtuscany likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.