Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rome Luxury Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2021, 8:17 am

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Has any in the group stayed at the Baglioni? Offering some nice deals in January but the Via Veneto not my favorite part of town
Old Dec 3, 2021, 8:50 am

Programs: Perennial Free Agent
Originally Posted by manstein58
Has any in the group stayed at the Baglioni? Offering some nice deals in January but the Via Veneto not my favorite part of town
It's fine. It's priced where it should be. Rooms are smaller and AC doesn't work in winter. Nice staff.
manstein58 likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 2:22 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Aleph? Near Pizza Barberini…traffic, loud
Old Dec 23, 2021, 2:21 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Originally Posted by ChateauMargaux

Ch Margaux booked us at the Hassler too. Best hotel we've been to in Rome. Service is much better than the St Regis. No competition.

View from the terrace is unbeatable. At the St. Regis you'll be looking at a four lane road with homeless people and the corner of Repubblica metro.
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 3:24 pm

If anyone has time to throw out some suggestions here, I'd appreciate it. I need two rooms with a king size bed each, and at least one room with a balcony or terrace. There are so many hotels to sort through in Rome it would take me a month to figure it out on my own, one hotel at a time. It would be late June for two nights so prices would not be at their lowest. I would prefer closer to 500E than 1000E per room per night (I can dream, yes?), but will look at any suggestions, if you know where I can get a guaranteed balcony for at least one of my rooms. I would like a decent location - meaning accessible to (ie inside) the city, so not the Waldorf Astoria, etc. We do sometimes book a suite with a balcony, and then a standard room, but open to any solution. If I had to choose, hard product more important than soft, we are easy going and don't usually ask for help.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by miadeals
I would prefer closer to 500E than 1000E per room per night [and] a guaranteed balcony for at least one of my rooms. I would like a decent location - meaning accessible to (ie inside) the city, so not the Waldorf Astoria, etc. We do sometimes book a suite with a balcony, and then a standard room, but open to any solution. If I had to choose, hard product more important than soft, we are easy going and don't usually ask for help.
Take a look at Hotel Forty-Seven. A solid **** not a proper luxury hotel and I recommend it with caution. We had a full suite which had a separate sitting room and a wraparound terrace with a great view. There were drawbacks to the room but in summer that terrace will be a great bonus. If you want to see the Ancient Roman sites the hotel is in a perfect location, at the foot of the Circus Maximus and an easy walk to the Forum etc. Also convenient for the restaurants in Trastevere - ie, authentic food rather than fancy tourist food.
Here's the view from Suite 504 -

corky, BLV, FlyerEC and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by Pausanias
Take a look at Hotel Forty-Seven. A solid **** not a proper luxury hotel and I recommend it with caution. We had a full suite which had a separate sitting room and a wraparound terrace with a great view. There were drawbacks to the room but in summer that terrace will be a great bonus. If you want to see the Ancient Roman sites the hotel is in a perfect location, at the foot of the Circus Maximus and an easy walk to the Forum etc. Also convenient for the restaurants in Trastevere - ie, authentic food rather than fancy tourist food.

Near the Foro Boario and the Bocca della Verita!
Old Jan 17, 2022, 7:52 am

Yes, the view takes in three buildings of interest - on the left the church of Santa Maria in Cosmedin where the portico contains the Bocca della Verita (Mouth of Truth), made famous by the film Roman Holiday. The temple in the foreground is the Tempio della Fortuna Virile which dates from the 2nd century BC. The circular temple behind it is the Temple of Vesta, from the 1st century BC. This might have the best view of any hotel room in Rome, except perhaps from the Palazzo Manfredi which overlooks the Flavian Amphitheatre. I think only one suite has a balcony there.
BLV, FlyerEC, manstein58 and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Pausanias; Jan 17, 2022 at 7:57 am
Old Jan 19, 2022, 3:01 pm
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by miadeals
If anyone has time to throw out some suggestions here, I'd appreciate it. I need two rooms with a king size bed each, and at least one room with a balcony or terrace. There are so many hotels to sort through in Rome it would take me a month to figure it out on my own, one hotel at a time. It would be late June for two nights so prices would not be at their lowest. I would prefer closer to 500E than 1000E per room per night (I can dream, yes?), but will look at any suggestions, if you know where I can get a guaranteed balcony for at least one of my rooms. I would like a decent location - meaning accessible to (ie inside) the city, so not the Waldorf Astoria, etc. We do sometimes book a suite with a balcony, and then a standard room, but open to any solution. If I had to choose, hard product more important than soft, we are easy going and don't usually ask for help.

I really like Hotel De Ricci. It’s only 8 rooms, in the good neighborhood in the city center, with many good restaurants around and everything in walking distance. I think 4 of those 8 rooms have balconies.
FlyerEC and miadeals like this.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by livefromtuscany

I really like Hotel De Ricci. It’s only 8 rooms, in the good neighborhood in the city center, with many good restaurants around and everything in walking distance. I think 4 of those 8 rooms have balconies.
livefromtuscany would you have a favourite in Milan other then the usual ? Luxury boutique type ?
Old Jan 21, 2022, 8:24 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by bearbrick
livefromtuscany would you have a favourite in Milan other then the usual ? Luxury boutique type ?
The owners of Castello di Viccarello in Tuscany have opened a boutique hotel in Milan last year called Vico, but haven't stayed there yet (Milan isn't too pleasant in winter)

And Portrait Milano is supposed to open this summer, this would be another one to look out for.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 3:44 pm

Programs: Yes.
We are going to be in Rome for a few days this summer. The Forty-Seven piqued our interest because of the terrace (and price). Can you elaborate on the drawbacks? We'd book the deluxe with terrace or suite with terrace.

Originally Posted by Pausanias

Old Mar 1, 2022, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by econjon
We are going to be in Rome for a few days this summer. The Forty-Seven piqued our interest because of the terrace (and price). Can you elaborate on the drawbacks? We'd book the deluxe with terrace or suite with terrace.
We stayed in winter - January - and while that was wonderful for sightseeing it meant that the hotel was not at full stretch. The rooftop bar and restaurant were not open. This didn't worry us as we like finding local restaurants and there are a lot within easy walking distance, including the authentic trattoria of Trastevere. However, the hotel did give us dinner on arrival, a wonderful warming lasagne which changed the way I cook that dish. We liked the breakfast arrangement and they knew how to cook an egg. Our suite (504) lacked a bathtub which we missed having in the winter but that might not be such a big deal in the warmer months. The bedroom was perfectly OK. We thought the sitting room was rather awkwardly designed with a painfully uncomfortable sofa, hard chairs and no desk. I seem to remember there was no English-language TV. Storage was a bit of an issue because we had heavy clothing. Lastly, there are no real downstairs areas or a proper lounge which hotels like the Hassler and the St Regis provide. As I said, this is a solid, rather traditional four-star place which, for us, had the perfect location in Rome as we are not into shopping or the Vatican area for sightseeing. They gave us a complimentary airport transfer and they also arranged for us a day out in a limo when we wanted to see some of the more outlying Roman ruins, such as the park of the aqueducts and the Circus of Maxentius.

Last edited by Pausanias; Mar 1, 2022 at 8:44 am
Old May 13, 2022, 3:10 pm

Programs: ua 1k, hh diamond, spg PLT, marriott PLT
just to validate what others have said. At the St. Regis now and it flat out sucks. Worst St. Regis experience I've had. Service is non-existent. I guess they discontinued butler service for suites (in a St. Regis suite that is actually lovely). housekeeping doing the bare bones effort. can't get someone to help with Taxi. Breakfast had no service. lobby turns into like a chachy disco at night. My 7 year old even commented that the hotel sucks and the people are mean, tho he does like taking the 120 year old elevator! Sad and disappointed in the stay.
Milwaukee likes this.
Old May 13, 2022, 11:29 pm

I have a rome trip planned for xmas 2022.

Booked the st.regis on an aba rate.

thanks for the review. Ill be looking elsewhere for my stay
obscure2k likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.