Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rome Luxury Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2021, 9:18 am

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Trying to book a hotel in Rome week of January 24 but having a bit of a "congestion" issue. De La Ville sold out. Hilton nearby the same. Anyone know why? Any views on JK Place?
Old Nov 22, 2021, 9:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
For what its worth, the St. Regis concierge and reservations folks have been extremely responsive with email - as in, less than 1-2 hours for long, detailed responses. A nice start.

Find it a little strange they are requiring us to get a van for 3 people airport transport (at 170EUR), vs a sedan at 100EUR - since when do 3 people not fit in the back seat of a E-Class Mercedes? 3 suitcases should fit fine in the trunk. Am I in the wrong here? I rarely travel with >2 people so a little out of my element.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 2:12 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by callmedtop
For what its worth, the St. Regis concierge and reservations folks have been extremely responsive with email - as in, less than 1-2 hours for long, detailed responses. A nice start.

Find it a little strange they are requiring us to get a van for 3 people airport transport (at 170EUR), vs a sedan at 100EUR - since when do 3 people not fit in the back seat of a E-Class Mercedes? 3 suitcases should fit fine in the trunk. Am I in the wrong here? I rarely travel with >2 people so a little out of my element.
3 people in the back of an E Class would not be comfortable. Who wants to sit in the middle?
Old Nov 22, 2021, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by m0hamed
3 people in the back of an E Class would not be comfortable. Who wants to sit in the middle?
3 small people in the back of a mid-sized sedan for a 30 minute drive seems pretty reasonable and not a big deal.
ewoo likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 4:49 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by callmedtop
3 small people in the back of a mid-sized sedan for a 30 minute drive seems pretty reasonable and not a big deal.
Different strokes.

We hire a S Class for us as a couple.

For the E Class it can only fit two large bags in the back, perhaps one small carry on as well. Often carry on needs to go on the front passenger seat.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 8:46 am

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
JK'S Place v. Hotel de Russie? Guidance from the group
Old Nov 24, 2021, 9:54 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by manstein58
JK'S Place v. Hotel de Russie? Guidance from the group
I would choose JK. The Russie seems a bit tired and particularly the rooms are in need of updating. It seems that Rocco Forte is very much focusing on their new De la Ville property. Many good staff have transferred there (like the excellent bar staff).
Old Nov 24, 2021, 10:15 am

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Any opinions on the Baglioni? Their rates are substantially less than all the others recently with 3rd night free.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 9:51 am

Programs: Virtuoso TA, UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by Valveking
Any opinions on the Baglioni? Their rates are substantially less than all the others recently with 3rd night free.
Like the StR, the Baglioni location leaves some to desired. It's not bad, but if the rates are substantially less then I'd book Baglioni yes.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 10:13 am

Hotel Hassler Roma

1 Review | 100% Recommended

Hotel Hassler Roma

6 Piazza Trinita Dei Monti Rome, IT 00187

Hassler Roma - Grand Deluxe Room (0 Photo)

Hotel Hassler Roma

see below

Trying to figure out why my photos won't upload, tried .jpg, .jpeg, and using links online... Nothing works.

Check In

Check in experience started with the bell boy, who seemed to genuinely care if a single drop of rain got on us. He got our taxi door, held the umbrella for us, and checked the backseat once we got out to make sure we did not drop anything in the cab. This is such a stark difference from how little the bellboy cared at the St Regis Rome.

Check in was smooth, and our special occassion (honeymoon) was recognized. The staff congratulated us on our marriage. 

Room

We stayed in a Grand Deluxe room. Our room was on the sixth floor and had a balcony that overlooked the Spanish steps. The view here is the main reason we picked the hotel. It is phenomenal. Much better than the view from the Hotel de la Ville next door. If you are the fifth floor, you won't have a balcony and your view towards the Spanish steps may be partially blocked by other buildings. Sixth floor or higher is the way to go. Make sure your TA can confirm this for you.

One thing we did not like was the lack of complimentary water. I know this is common in Europe but at a luxury hotel the guest should have more than a bottle of 250mL complimentary water per day. I am also dinging this hotel for the lack of in-room coffee/tea. 

Dining

The hotel has a Michelin star restaurant Imago, which we did not dine at since it was closed two of the three nights we stayed at the hotel.

The breakfast spread was okay, but we did not stay at this hotel for the breakfast. There is a buffet and you can order a la carte items. Some fruits in the buffet were fresh and some were canned.

Aside from the view, the location was also a big selling point for us. It is located atop the Spanish steps, and almost directly on top of the Spagna subway stop (direct subway ride to Vatican city, Termini, etc). It is a 10-15 minute walk from some of the major sights such as the Pantheon and Trevi Fountain. 

Overall

Despite the shortcomings of no complimentary water or in room coffee/tea (go to any shop and pay one euro for a shot of espresso, it'll be better than what you get from any hotel), the hotel will be my go-to for Rome. The location is wonderful, view is unbeatable. But if you want to avoid the touristy stuff, then seek other options.

I had a chat with the management of the property and it seems like there are actually many tourists from Europe rather than the US right now doing local travels/staycations. So the property actually did not feel super touristy when we went.

Service

The service from the concierge has been exceptional. They take care of dinner reservations (which you need when in Rome), helped us with purchasing train tickets for various day trips, museum entrance tickets, etc. All was very seamless - we'd ask the concierge to do something on our way out, and when we return it is done.

This is much different from our stay at the St Regis where the butler talks up a big game about how the concierge can do all of the above, but when we talk to the concierge, we get the impression that he can't be bothered to help us with any of these things. 

Hassler Roma - Grand Deluxe Room

Would you like to write a review on the Hotel Hassler Roma?

No, thank you.
Yes
SanDiego1K and ysolde like this.

Last edited by RichardInSF; Aug 10, 2022 at 2:26 pm Reason: Consecutive posts by same member on the same topic
Old Nov 25, 2021, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed
I'm a fan of the middle seat. It's the backseat with the most visual space.
United747 likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 7:04 pm

Hassler price?
Old Nov 26, 2021, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by manstein58
Hassler price?
Usually 500-800. In the random dates I checked in March and May of 2022, it's much cheaper than the St Regis during those dates ($1k+). Honestly, I am not sure why the St. Regis is priced so high. The St Regis location leaves much to be desired - on busy road, nothing going on after sunsets and the area feels dead, homeless people in front, next to a giant parking lot. Not to mentioned the business dinners, arriviste patronage, and the points redemption crowd, really makes the place feel like a zoo.

Last edited by ChateauMargaux; Nov 26, 2021 at 5:04 am
Old Nov 27, 2021, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Imago is great and the best at Hassler in my eyes. I am a little surprised they have canned fruits at the buffet.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Imago is an excellent restaurant. We stay at the Hassler whenever in Rome. Roberto Wirth, the hotel's owner, makes the place feel more like a home than a hotel, and his guest feel like family. You can easily approach him at dinner and tell him how your stay is going. For us, the Hassler IS Rome.
obscure2k and offerendum like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.