Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rome Luxury Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2021, 9:38 am

The problem with St Regis Rome is that it is a St Regis! I would never expect good food or service from them in Rome. There are much, much better options.
scented and manstein58 like this.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by hardestadt

The ugly

Final thoughts

So, what is going on at the St. Regis Rome? Is this the impact of Covid-19? Is the management prioritizing corporates and big parties over individual guests (during our stay they hosted multiple events for Accenture and a giant birthday party for a Roman socialite on the day of the water fiasco)? They could improve the service with a few simple tweaks, but I don’t think they care. After my third failed attempt to get some water I went down to the front desk to ask if I could speak with the management, and was told that no one was available at the time, but the assistant manager would speak with me the following day. Suffice to say, there was no follow up. At the check-out no one bothered to ask about my experience either. Caveat emptor.
You probably hit it on the head right there. Corporate events bring in a lot of income for little effort.
Marriott was Bonvoyed before the pandemic and nothing has gotten better with them. It's clear that they don't care for guests and you probably should have just left after the dirty glass. You can do better in Rome than this sad StR.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 8:36 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
I was in Rome back in August. Stayed at the JK Place. It was amazing. The only alternative I was considering was the Villon but places like the StR were not even in contention.
hypnos8 likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by sophialite
I was in Rome back in August. Stayed at the JK Place. It was amazing. The only alternative I was considering was the Villon but places like the StR were not even in contention.
Any comments on the hard product at JKs Rome , esp the plumbing ( water strength etc ) air conditioning ( even in winter) and noise between rooms ? Read reviews pointing the shortcomings in these areas. Also housekeeping standards ? These are the issue that I rate more than anything so ery8mes even over service !
Old Oct 19, 2021, 12:06 pm

Hotel Locarno

Just got back from Rome and had a wonderful stay at Hotel Locarno. Service was on top of everything and just made everything so easy. The room was very large with high ceilings on the first floor and told it was the Presidential Suite but no living room or dinning area. The public areas were vast and so comfortable .Love the location right off the Piazza del Popolo Food was really good with nice views from the roof top bar. Bicycle's available in front of hotel were great to ride along the river. I'd like to call this hotel home for my future visits to Rome.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
The problem with St Regis Rome is that it is a St Regis! I would never expect good food or service from them in Rome. There are much, much better options.
I was seduced by the pictures of the gorgeous public spaces at the St Regis, and assumed that my Titanium status would count for something. Clearly I should have kept our original reservation at JK Place - lesson learnt! What would be other strong options? We had a very memorable stay at Portrait Firenze several years ago (I absolutely adored their Portrait Suite with its private balcony overlooking the Arno), so I would expect their property in Rome to be great. Hassler is getting mixed reviews, but honestly they treated us better as one-time guests at Imàgo than St Regis did over the course of our long stay, so I may be willing to try them out next time.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 2:53 pm

What would be other strong options? We had a very memorable stay at Portrait Firenze several years ago (I absolutely adored their Portrait Suite with its private balcony overlooking the Arno), so I would expect their property in Rome to be great.
We had a very good time at Portrait Roma three years ago. We were in an entry level room and it was well equipped, although a bit dark, with the window overlooking a narrow alley. Public spaces are limited, so it might feel a bit confined in winter, when you are mostly limited to your room. But in summer, they have a wonderful terrace with a beautiful view across the roofs towards the Spanish Steps and the gardens above. This is also where they serve a small, but high quality breakfast buffet, weather permitting. I remember the staff being very kind and competently handling all requests, particularly the concierge. The location also suited us very well for exploring the city on foot. If you don't rely on having a lot of in-house facilities, I think the Portrait is definitely a good option.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 4:17 pm
BLV

I stayed at Portrait Suites (Timeless Suite) this August. Property is excellent and as mentioned previously, I’m a big fan and a frequent guest of their Firenze property, Lungarno.

Rooftop terrace has nice views & is lovely for breakfast.

Old Oct 22, 2021, 9:22 am

I was seduced by the pictures of the gorgeous public spaces at the St Regis, and assumed that my Titanium status would count for something. Clearly I should have kept our original reservation at JK Place - lesson learnt! What would be other strong options? We had a very memorable stay at Portrait Firenze several years ago (I absolutely adored their Portrait Suite with its private balcony overlooking the Arno), so I would expect their property in Rome to be great. Hassler is getting mixed reviews, but honestly they treated us better as one-time guests at Imàgo than St Regis did over the course of our long stay, so I may be willing to try them out next time.
I find the Hassler to be very stuffy, although it does have a great location. Personally, my favourite in Rome is The Eden, which has wonderful suites, excellent food, perfect views from the restaurant and terrace, and exceptional service for this part of the world.
Revolution, FlyerEC and hardestadt like this.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
I find the Hassler to be very stuffy, although it does have a great location. Personally, my favourite in Rome is The Eden, which has wonderful suites, excellent food, perfect views from the restaurant and terrace, and exceptional service for this part of the world.
What's great at the Hassler is the starred restaurant, found it better than the one at the Eden. Otherwise double the recommendation for Eden.
FlyerEC and vuittonsofstyle like this.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 1:35 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Due to the G20 summit this weekend, I was unable to secure a room at the Hassler and booked the JK Place instead. My friend and I could not have been happier. The concierge was able to assist with restaurant reservations prior to arrival (less than 24 hour turnarounds) and arranged for a car to pick us up from the airport. Service and food have been fantastic, and location has been perfect to stroll around in. Rooms have an impeccable attention to detail, and I felt right at home. Just wish they had a gym to burn off all the gelato and pasta I've been eating!
SanDiego1K, FlyerEC and SojournsOf like this.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 6:59 am

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
I am trying to decide between the Portrait and The Eden for a spring break trip with my family. All thing being equal, I would probably choose the Eden but the Portrait is about 30% cheaper over the 7 nights. Is the Eden worth the premium. I haven’t been to Rome in ages, so I am flying a little blind.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Valveking
I am trying to decide between the Portrait and The Eden for a spring break trip with my family. All thing being equal, I would probably choose the Eden but the Portrait is about 30% cheaper over the 7 nights. Is the Eden worth the premium. I haven’t been to Rome in ages, so I am flying a little blind.
If it must not be a full suite the guaranteed upgrade at Eden up to JS can be helpful.
Valveking likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by Valveking
No contest - The Eden is worth every penny.
Valveking likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 5:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Well, we're doing the St. Regis thanks to a killer corporate rate that is less than half (and in some cases less than 1/3) the rates of virtually every other 5* hotel during NYE period - Hassler, Eden, JK, Portrait, etc. Can't justify not doing that, even with some questionable recent reviews.
offerendum likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.