Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

the luxury hotels of Dubai

the luxury hotels of Dubai

Old Nov 2, 2017, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
I would be interested to know if you noticed the large petroleum plant just up the coast from The Oberoi Al Zorah. Were you aware of it?
no
but when i sit at the beach i tend to look towards the sea and not towards up the coast 😀
Currently there is nothing on either side of oberoi.
at four seasons or the palm i look at different construction sites no matter where i look...
vuittonsofstyle likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 1:39 am

I wonder what they hope to accomplish with the new Oberoi Al Zorah... could this be just another hotel for the mass market, considering its location? Simply looking at the design hurts, for it is one of the worst I have seen in years. Soulless and faux modern... what is going on with Oberoi in the UAE? Their first Aujan-owned Hotel is debatable at best, with some qualities in the business market, but this leisure resort seems to even lack this aspect.

The only explanation I have is that they hope to fill it with groups, much like these hotels in Ras Al Khaimah.

In any case I dont think this property is a good fit for this thread or forum.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by scented
I wonder what they hope to accomplish with the new Oberoi Al Zorah... could this be just another hotel for the mass market, considering its location? Simply looking at the design hurts, for it is one of the worst I have seen in years. Soulless and faux modern... what is going on with Oberoi in the UAE? Their first Aujan-owned Hotel is debatable at best, with some qualities in the business market, but this leisure resort seems to even lack this aspect.

The only explanation I have is that they hope to fill it with groups, much like these hotels in Ras Al Khaimah.

yes its modern. It looks nice, especially the rooms unlike most amans which everyone raves about here (yes i know: soul filled rooms sold for a fortune built for cheap - awesome!)

most dubai hotels are down right ugly in the rooms (madinats (except al naseem), burj al arab etc all come to mind. O and o the palm being a nice exception but 1 hour traffic to central dubai and the construction in every direction is a huge turn off)

oberoi is currently the best hotel in the area. (If you want a beach holiday) Bulgari will probably be better, based on location, but also double as expensive.
sandeep.thilakan likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 4:14 am

Hi
I currently booked at Oberoi Al Zorah for a beach holiday in combination with a couple of days at Anantara Al Qasr. Distance from Dubai and design preferences aside, any other reasons for your negative comments? Or do you just dont think it i is a proper luxury hotel in terms of service and facilities?
Old Nov 6, 2017, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by ucce
Hi
I currently booked at Oberoi Al Zorah for a beach holiday in combination with a couple of days at Anantara Al Qasr. Distance from Dubai and design preferences aside, any other reasons for your negative comments? Or do you just dont think it i is a proper luxury hotel in terms of service and facilities?
Having just been there I can vouch that it is a more luxurious Hotel than pretty much all other Beach Hotels in Dubai.

The Madinat Hotels are definately not Luxury, even their Top Restaurant - Pierchic - has gone drastically downhill in terms of quality.

One and Only the Palm has the nicest Rooms in Dubai, but they cost around 1200 Euros a night, you get a 2 bedroom villa with your private 12 meter pool at the oberoi for that money. At the Beach! Traffic from either is about the same to central Dubai (traffic on the Palm has been horrific lately).

Biggest turndown with One and Only - no food served at Pool or Beach. I will never ever understand that (its for Hygenic reasons they state - wonder why i can get food at the beach/pool at every other O and O hotel in the whole world but not there.)
2nd Biggest turndown is the fact that while lying at the Beach you have a pretty huge choice of different noisy construction sites to look at. Perfect for a beach Holiday.

Also one and only has double the Beverage prices than Oberoi.

So if choosing between these 2 i would always go for the oberoi. In both cases - traffic to dubai central can be horrible and you should focus on the beach.

And in terms of Beach Hotels there are no other top notch Hotels in Dubai right now (Bulgari might be). Four Seasons is below One and Only and the Oberoi.

(I've been to all of them)
336 and sandeep.thilakan like this.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by Michael82
Having just been there I can vouch that it is a more luxurious Hotel than pretty much all other Beach Hotels in Dubai.

And in terms of Beach Hotels there are no other top notch Hotels in Dubai right now (Bulgari might be). Four Seasons is below One and Only and the Oberoi.

Thanks for you comments! Looks like I can give it a try then
Old Nov 7, 2017, 9:05 am

I have been to all of them, too, which is why I am amazed that you class Four Seasons and O&O as below Oberoi al Zorah.

Do you also rate The Oberoi Dubai? For me, this is a really badly designed hotel.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 10:20 am

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus
I have not been to Oberoi but I think both O&O and Four Seasons are great choices for Dubai.

While the food is mediocre, and crowds can make it a little disturbing, I still find Medinat Jumeirah to be a lot of fun. The key is to stay in Dar al Masyaf, and avoid Al Qasr.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 1:44 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I like the O&O, especially the way it manages to carry off proper luxury in a friendly and not very Dubai kind of way. The Middle East's "my wallet is bigger and more modern than yours" approach to luxury can get a bit tiresome after a while.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
I have been to all of them, too, which is why I am amazed that you class Four Seasons and O&O as below Oberoi al Zorah.

Do you also rate The Oberoi Dubai? For me, this is a really badly designed hotel.
I have not been to oberoi Dubai.

Like I said, im talking about Beach Hotels here, the focus being: The Beach.

The Four Seasons doesnt compare to either, the breakfast buffet is lousy, the service medicore and the beach tiny - with no real sea view to speak of either.
It also has double the rooms than O and O and Oberoi. So for me its way below either.

O and O has a nice beach with a horrible construction view all around you. No Food Service at Pool or Beach (essential for a beach holiday in my opinion when the sun goes down around 4:30/5ish PM).

Oberoi al Zorah has a huge beautiful Beach, no construction in sight, a lovely SEA view, great service, some of the best Food ive had in a Hotel and very big Rooms at unbeatable prices. Whats not to like? Distance to dubai is far - yes - but same on the Palm. But we are talking about Beach Holiday and not city holiday - so not an issue.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond

The Four Seasons doesnt compare to either, the breakfast buffet is lousy, the service medicore and the beach tiny - with no real sea view to speak of either.
It also has double the rooms than O and O and Oberoi. So for me its way below either.

O and O has a nice beach with a horrible construction view all around you. No Food Service at Pool or Beach (essential for a beach holiday in my opinion when the sun goes down around 4:30/5ish PM).

Oberoi al Zorah has a huge beautiful Beach, no construction in sight, a lovely SEA view, great service, some of the best Food ive had in a Hotel and very big Rooms at unbeatable prices. Whats not to like? Distance to dubai is far - yes - but same on the Palm. But we are talking about Beach Holiday and not city holiday - so not an issue.
Granted I haven't been to O&O or the Oberai but I can't even imagine their breakfasts if you describe the FS breakfast as "lousy". I found the quality excellent and the variety better than even the best hotels in Asia. Service during our entire stay was also phenomenal start to finish.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 8:05 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
bulgarihotels.com/en_US/dubai
says december, not seeing rates

101 rooms suites
20 (=16.5%) hotel villas
175m2 1BR beach
250m2 2BR beach / 2BR skyline
315m2 3BR skyline
540m2 bvlgari
(seems m2 is interior)

unclear re residences in hotel inventory and marina
165 condos $1m > $4m
8 penthouses up to $16m 1,333m2
15 mansions $5m 3BR 976m2 > $14m 6BR 2,705m2
marina 50 berths 10 > 40 meters
I think the 1-bedroom beach villas had a rackrate of USD 5,000/night++. I know that's just the 'rack rate' which doesn't mean anything, but I found that absolutely insane.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 9:19 pm

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus
I also think the breakfast at Four Seasons was very good. FS is one of the most reliable hotels when it comes to getting breakfast right.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 7:51 am

What I personally love about FS Dubai is the proximity to everything, while it is still a (decidedly glamourous) beach resort. You can enjoy the sea, beaches, spa and pools -- yet you are only 10 minutes away from Downtown Dubai and the best shopping and dining there. The resort's Imperial Suites are supremely comfortable and have stunning sea views -- totally different from the Jumeirah Skyline Suites, which afford skyline views towards Downtown and are more akin to staying in a city hotel. There is really something for everyone and that's what makes it special.

Same with breakfast... did you really stay at FS Jumeirah Beach? Their approach to breakfast is one of the most comprehensive in the GCC area. Maybe not in size, but certainly in quality. So many options!

I really don't understand your view on Oberoi Al Zorah. I even believe the resorts cannot be compared -- totally different areas and price range. Ajman is a very cheap place to build a resort... not much there, save for the friendly power station next door. I agree that the lot FS Dubai is built on is very small, but this is Jumeirah after all!

And I hope the pictures of Al Zorah don't do justice. I actually like modern architecture, but this is particularly cold and brutalist. The investment made here, compared to FS, is very different... you cannot compare a flagship FS resort with a budget development outside the city. Oberoi frankly has too many bare walls, cheap tiles, concrete and standard hospitality furniture. It reminds me a lot of Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi. Maybe you should re-visit FS and get a better feeling for their interiors. Kenyan marble, Sicis mosaic, limestone floors, handwoven carpets, custom blown-glass from Italy, Seguso chandeliers... every inch and layer of this resort has been carefully designed by BAMO.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 10:39 am

What I personally love about FS Dubai is the proximity to everything, while it is still a (decidedly glamourous) beach resort. You can enjoy the sea, beaches, spa and pools -- yet you are only 10 minutes away from Downtown Dubai and the best shopping and dining there. The resort's Imperial Suites are supremely comfortable and have stunning sea views -- totally different from the Jumeirah Skyline Suites, which afford skyline views towards Downtown and are more akin to staying in a city hotel. There is really something for everyone and that's what makes it special.

Same with breakfast... did you really stay at FS Jumeirah Beach? Their approach to breakfast is one of the most comprehensive in the GCC area. Maybe not in size, but certainly in quality. So many options!

I really don't understand your view on Oberoi Al Zorah. I even believe the resorts cannot be compared -- totally different areas and price range. Ajman is a very cheap place to build a resort... not much there, save for the friendly power station next door. I agree that the lot FS Dubai is built on is very small, but this is Jumeirah after all!

And I hope the pictures of Al Zorah don't do justice. I actually like modern architecture, but this is particularly cold and brutalist. The investment made here, compared to FS, is very different... you cannot compare a flagship FS resort with a budget development outside the city. Oberoi frankly has too many bare walls, cheap tiles, concrete and standard hospitality furniture. It reminds me a lot of Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi. Maybe you should re-visit FS and get a better feeling for their interiors. Kenyan marble, Sicis mosaic, limestone floors, handwoven carpets, custom blown-glass from Italy, Seguso chandeliers... every inch and layer of this resort has been carefully designed by BAMO.
I completely agree that the location of four seasons is superior to oberoi and one and only. But we are talking about the top luxury hotels. A hotel with double the rooms will never have the personal service of the other 2 on avergae.
The beach view is just bad at both one and only and four seasons. You having not been to the other two cant really comment anyhow. Especially the power plant comment is uttter BS. You never see that while staying at oberoi. While at four seaons and one and only i see multiple noisy construction sites!!! With no open voew to the sea (one and only looking at dubai and four seasons has man made islands in front of it (with construction) Thats not what i want when i do a beach holiday.

The prettiest rooms are at one and only. Four seasons is nice too. So is oberoi. Some people like arabic, some modern, some whatever, thats not what makes a hotel luxury. Its the service and the whole package. If it would be about rooms noone would stay at most amans.

I used to stay only at one and only and then tried four seaons, what a disappointment that was. Breakfast can not be compared (atleast for healthy breakfast eaters) and the quality is what matters here. Quantity at four seaons, quality - no. Similar to al qasr etc. Lots of quantity but medicore Quality.

Anyhow- four seaons is a nice hotel, great location city wise, bad in terms of beach and a very good five star. Still oberoi and one and only are above it.

Nevermind the fact that four seaons as a chain is definately below chains such as aman and one and only. Cant comment on oberoi as a chain as ive only been to one. But when i look for top class 6 star luxury hotels - four seasons is never a choice.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.