Community
Wiki Posts
Search

the luxury hotels of Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2018, 5:33 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
STARS is a program for top Ritz-Carlton agencies. The amenities include daily continental breakfast for two (when booking the best available flexible rate), free WiFi, 4 pm checkout, and a “customized welcome amenity or service.”

Participating hotel families include RC, Edition, and Bulgari. Starwood Luxury Privileges will be morphing into STARS.

Last edited by DavidO; Aug 18, 2018 at 5:39 pm
Old Aug 18, 2018, 5:47 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DavidO
STARS is a program for top Ritz-Carlton agencies. The amenities include daily continental breakfast for two (when booking the best available flexible rate), free WiFi, 4 pm checkout, and a “customized welcome amenity or service.”

Participating hotel families include RC, Edition, and Bulgari. Starwood Luxury Privileges will be morphing into STARS.
Thank you so much.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by gegarrenton
Have you stayed at either of the Villas at the O&O Residence? Trying to get a comparison with the O&O Palm villas, which are much easier to get. Not jazzed about staying out on the Palm, but if the product is comparable I might go ahead and suck it up if I cant gwt one of the Residence villas.
No I’m sorry I don’t know the villas.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by NikonDuser

Just checked out of the Bulgari Dubai after spending two nights there.

Having stayed at FS JB and PH AUH several times along with some of the other UAE luxury hotels, I’m writing my thoughts here.

First of all, the property is absolutely gorgeous, beautiful timeless design that feels very comfortable (in contrast to say Versace Dubai). Of course it’s a matter of taste, but I feel it is the most comfortable of them all.

The three pools are beautiful, for us slightly too cool at 28 degrees while it is 38+ degrees outside, but this wasn’t a major issue. They provide nice poolside amenities like smoothies, water, Evian spritz, ice lollies. The pools focus on those double gazebos (except for the Spa pool where they have single gazebos), perfect for couples. Despite August, we had a nice hot breeze cooling us at the round pool. The beach is “ok”, a man made beach with relatively rough sand - the view is uninspiring as it has some semi-constructed villas in front of it - no construction activity though. I think the beaches on Saadiyat are far better than anywhere else in the UAE.

The rooms are huge with very nice balconies, beautiful bathrooms, daily amenities of tea and some cakes (my wife would have preferred something salty, but for my sweet tooth this was ideal:-)). Beds comfortable and there’s a pillow menu available.

Something that could be an advantage and disadvantage is the vastness of the whole place. To go to the yacht club pool needs a golf cart, it could be a nice stroll in winter. In that sense I prefer the compactness of the FS!

Spa is also gorgeous with a very nice indoor pool. Our treatments were very good, not the best, but it all depends on how good your therapist is. We’ve had amazing massages at the PH AUH, but not every time. The facilities at Bulgari with jacuzzis (also in the mixed area, which is rare in the UAE), experience showers, ice dispensers so you can cool yourself down are top notch.

Overall service was excellent and friendly, just to note that we were there in the August summer heat and I think the total number of guests at the resort was around 30 persons.

Value for money, for me FS wins as I can find rates there that are much better than what Bulgari offers.

Absolute luxury, for me Bulgari wins due to the amazing facilities. I think only O&O Palm is on par with that. A nice benefit of the Bulgari is also that you have the restaurants of the FS complex within 2 minutes driving distance. F&B at Bulgari was very good, but not special - I prefer the likes of Coya, Zuma etc. So many choices in Dubai anyway so I think F&B quality / selection doesn’t matter that much.

Feel free to ask questions since my memories are still fresh from today :-)

that’s too funny I’m also at the Bulgari right now... just posted my thoughts above in anticipation of Check out today.
completely agree with your thoughts. my only point to add is that during the high season, FS JB and Bulgari are neck & neck with each other on pricing, with prices higher / lower at each of the properties depending on the weekend / event. During the low season, FS JB is a complete steal as you mentioned.

the gritty and coarse beach is not great as you mentioned and is a general problem for DXB beaches given they're mostly man made (Saadiyat is superior for sure). love the sprawl / vastness, we haven't left the island since checking in; f&b is distinctly Italian which i'm a fan of.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 3:34 pm
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Just adding to the above two posts regarding Bulgari. Client completed a 3rd stay and still raved about how fantastic it was (both hard and soft product). After 3 stays, clearly demonstrating consistent high service level.
There was a small issue at the spa but was quickly recovered (given a small gift for the troubles) and staff was very apologetic. In working with their teams, I also find them very efficient and great to work with.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Continuing the FS Jumierah chatting on app discussion from the "Where are you going" thread.

The app chat with FS Jumeirah Beach has been a mixed bag. Some fantastic answers and promises but then some curt answers and nothing done in the end. I still believe better to message concierge or specific individuals at the property to get things done. The app seems like the telephone game where things get passed along and the end result is incomplete or wrong.

Wife asked for Sodashi spa products brochure and general spa brochure > Chat said yes to everything plus price list > Email ended up only with price list.

It probably works better for something straightforward and simple like extra towels or an ice bucket.

Senior management and staff have been invaluable and helpful in communications. Still excited to be going there this week!

Last edited by Aventine; Aug 25, 2018 at 12:12 pm
Old Aug 31, 2018, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does anyone with more FS DJB stays under their belt know if this is a parking lot Premier Skyline room?

It's not noisy at all but just very little privacy considering all the valet cars coming and going.
offerendum likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 5:42 am

Haven’t stayed in that category although our last room over there also overlooked the construction site next door - couldn’t complain as I had booked the most basic room.
that being said, I am guessing that all the “skyline” rooms will face towards the Main Street and therefore may be even worse.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 5:50 am

Aventine you are either overlooking their Restaurant Village or the parking lot, whatever you prefer. What they could have done is allocate your room a little higher, which would reduce this feeling greatly. Not really sure though if higher floors are suite only, you would have to ask.

My favorite room there is the Jumeirah Skyline Suite or one of their Imperial Suites... about time I return.

Are you happy with the service so far? In-room check in?
Old Aug 31, 2018, 6:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
That roof next you on the left is where the valet drop off is for the hotel and that lot on the right is where they temporarily park cars until they’re able to move them underground. If it bothers you, I’d ask for a higher floor, otherwise being moved to other side of hotel will place you next to the restaurant village which is a tad more annoying at night but relatively peaceful during the day
Old Aug 31, 2018, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by scented
Aventine you are either overlooking their Restaurant Village or the parking lot, whatever you prefer. What they could have done is allocate your room a little higher, which would reduce this feeling greatly. Not really sure though if higher floors are suite only, you would have to ask.

My favorite room there is the Jumeirah Skyline Suite or one of their Imperial Suites... about time I return.

Are you happy with the service so far? In-room check in?
All room requests were fulfilled quite nicely.

In Room check-in was blotched when guest relations were caught figuratively napping on the job. We had to wait off to the side of the lobby, then go to a counter and then I guess FSPP protocol kicked in. We were taken to our Premier Skyline Room and met by a guest relations person.

Poolside service is prompt and they actively try to find spots during the busy Arab weekend (Friday). This is definitely a resort for sun lovers. Pool gets kissed quite frequently!
Old Aug 31, 2018, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Originally Posted by reigndrop
That roof next you on the left is where the valet drop off is for the hotel and that lot on the right is where they temporarily park cars until they’re able to move them underground. If it bothers you, I’d ask for a higher floor, otherwise being moved to other side of hotel will place you next to the restaurant village which is a tad more annoying at night but relatively peaceful during the day
This is the view from a Premier Skyline View room at FS Dubai Jumeirah Beach. The Deluxe Skyline rooms would be on lower floors and have the parking lot view seen above.

view from a high floor at FS Jumeirah Beach
Old Aug 31, 2018, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We're on the 4th floor. They did offer a move and I'll see what they have that omits the parking lot part.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nice to be able to use my Amazon Fire box at FS Jumeirah. The TV isn't so locked down or inaccessible and internet speed is fast.
scented likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
Nice to be able to use my Amazon Fire box at FS Jumeirah. The TV isn't so locked down or inaccessible and internet speed is fast.
Let us know how the stay progresses... hope they take good care!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.