Community
Wiki Posts
Search

the luxury hotels of Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2020, 5:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by scented
I am not too sure about a Shuttle between the properties, do ask them before you arrive to clarify. In any case, DJB is only around 10 minutes by car -- a cheap Uber ride away -- from DIFC. I would definitely try and go there, you have full access and signing privileges at both properties, as you know.

The Spa facilities are still closed and I would imagine this will not change by January unfortunately, so you may book a treatment (they are the best in the Middle East, by far!), but otherwise not much to do at the Spa. If you find it too cold outside, the Spa has a beautiful indoor pool with custom SICIS mosaic and gorgeous marble, this may be worth spending some time there -- it is the most beautiful indoor pool in Dubai.

I would strongly recommend you try Sea Fu and its Bar, both enjoy a premier seafront setting... from 5 pm to 7 pm is Kanpai Hour, which means 50% discount on drinks and cocktails. Or you might as well stay for dinner, which is fantastic. It truly is my favorite restaurant in Dubai these days, maybe because the service is so warm and caring, under Annamaria. The fantastic cuisine by Chef Pierre also helps.

Dubai in January can be a bit chilly indeed, but I also had stays with 27°C and endless sunshine. Just wait and enjoy!
Thanks - last year we had 30 degrees so I am hoping for that! I think I'll try Sea Fu on our last night, maybe followed by some drinks in the roof top bar at the FS DIFC before we need to head to the airport midnight. Great advice!
scented likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2020, 8:29 pm

My wife and I just had spa treatments at FS Abu Dhabi, so I would imagine the Spas in Dubai are also open.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by NikonDuser
My wife and I just had spa treatments at FS Abu Dhabi, so I would imagine the Spas in Dubai are also open.
Yes as I wrote -- open except for the facilities.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 11:34 pm

Staying at FS DIFC and going back and forth between the JB location right now. The JB location has a gazillion kids. Although it feels like they're pushing us to use the amenities and restaurants at JB.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 1:21 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Originally Posted by phant0m
Staying at FS DIFC and going back and forth between the JB location right now. The JB location has a gazillion kids. Although it feels like they're pushing us to use the amenities and restaurants at JB.
I stayed at JB until two days ago and I usually love this property, but not right now.
As you mentioned, way too many kids and another, much bigger issue: the loud music of adjacent Nammos beach club as of 2PM which pretty much makes it impossible to relax at the beach.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 5:27 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by JohnRain
I stayed at JB until two days ago and I usually love this property, but not right now.
As you mentioned, way too many kids and another, much bigger issue: the loud music of adjacent Nammos beach club as of 2PM which pretty much makes it impossible to relax at the beach.
Crosses FS off my Dubai list!
Old Dec 31, 2020, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
I hate party clubs at the beach. Another problem of Dubai, hotel beside hotel.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 2:22 pm

Yes I have heard Nammos was a bit out of control recently... that beach club really is a problem for FS, but very profitable for the owner. Personally couldn't care less about Nammos.

How was your stay aside from the kids and music issues?

I had a fantastic stay in September and another, long stay in November/December... both terrific. I am more of a pool person than beach person, so I am not too bothered by Nammos. Note that rooms and suites in the wing towards Nammos could have more impact, even at night (especially the #X88 Series). Soundproofing at FS Dubai is excellent, especially as Mercury was part of the planning from Day 1, so they were careful to get good soundproofing.

Back in November most guest were from essentially two larger feeder markets, perhaps now it is more diversified for Festive?
Old Jan 2, 2021, 1:42 am

Had to book a list minute stay at the Andaz The Palm since my covid test didn't come back in time for my trip to Abu Dhabi. Hotel is pretty nice but service is severely lacking compared to the FS.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 3:48 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Yes I have heard Nammos was a bit out of control recently... that beach club really is a problem for FS, but very profitable for the owner. Personally couldn't care less about Nammos.
How was your stay aside from the kids and music issues??
The stay was subpar because I now have a recurring issue with this property: kids come and go, but the music issue is here to stay and I would go as far as to say that the clientele will therefore change.
(I for one won't come back until Nammos is silenced, which is unlikely to happen). I tried to escape the noise by spending time at the adult pool, but even there you can hear it (although in a somewhat muted way).
And as you correctly point out, all rooms in the West Wing and especially the Penthouse Suite are affected by this issue as well.
I really love this property for so many reasons but until things return to normal it will be the Bulgari.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 8:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
that is a total disaster, Bulgari and FS DIFC it’ll continue to be!

can anyone here vouch for O&O Palm? Rates run double Bulgari but is it worth giving the place a shot?
Old Jan 4, 2021, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by reigndrop
that is a total disaster, Bulgari and FS DIFC it’ll continue to be!

can anyone here vouch for O&O Palm? Rates run double Bulgari but is it worth giving the place a shot?
Not really worth it in terms of value, but they get away with it, as it's a nice soft- and hard product. I love their suites with private pools, which is so rare in Dubai (#704 for example). Definitely worth trying!
reigndrop likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 3:11 pm

Programs: Kveller Lifetime Platinum
Chedi Al Bait?

First, what an incredible community this is. I have been looking at a stay at Chedi Al Bait but see very little written about this property. Any of your experiences or impressions appreciated - maybe scented ? Will never forget the first time I set foot in the Chedi Muscat and have wondered if Al Bait is another hidden gem.

Thanks, Shmuel
Old Jan 6, 2021, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by Shmuel613
First, what an incredible community this is. I have been looking at a stay at Chedi Al Bait but see very little written about this property. Any of your experiences or impressions appreciated - maybe scented ? Will never forget the first time I set foot in the Chedi Muscat and have wondered if Al Bait is another hidden gem.

Thanks, Shmuel
Sorry to disappoint, but have yet to stay there as well. Would be interesting how the service is, with the current state of GHM, it very much depends on the owner and team locally to get it right, at least in Switzerland The Chedi brand is no more than a marketing association sadly. It is different in Oman. Has anyone stayed in Sharjah?
Old Jan 9, 2021, 4:43 am

Programs: No program whatsoever
Originally Posted by Shmuel613

Thanks, Shmuel
Sorry to disappoint, but have yet to stay there as well. Would be interesting how the service is, with the current state of GHM, it very much depends on the owner and team locally to get it right, at least in Switzerland The Chedi brand is no more than a marketing association sadly. It is different in Oman. Has anyone stayed in Sharjah?
I've stayed 3 weeks ago.
Service was outstanding, which was surprising giving they had 100% occupancy when we were there.
Product was a bit less spectacular coming from other newer luxury properties in Maldives and Dubai, but still elegant.
Overall a memorable stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.