Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2016 Forbes Guide

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2016, 10:43 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Not as many Aman in the five star category? Maybe because Aman prices its rooms based on the real value times 10?

Also I wish Forbes would publish these "more than 500 criteria" used to come up with the star rating. Is how much the hotel pays Forbes one of those criteria?
Old Feb 26, 2016, 10:46 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Originally Posted by stimpy
I got an email from the IC Singapore, proud to be again on the 4 star list.
Did IC Singapore finally finished renovating all its rooms? Their old rooms are awful.

Also, if they got rid of the black/white tile from the mesozoic era in the lobby it would make 5 stars.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by TOMFORD
Did IC Singapore finally finished renovating all its rooms? Their old rooms are awful.

Also, if they got rid of the black/white tile from the mesozoic era in the lobby it would make 5 stars.
Yes, I think all the renovation work is done or near done now. I recall the previous renovation from maybe 15 years ago. This hotel has really grown up a lot since I first started staying here in the 1990's.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 11:10 am

Not as many Aman in the five star category? Maybe because Aman prices its rooms based on the real value times 10?

Also I wish Forbes would publish these "more than 500 criteria" used to come up with the star rating. Is how much the hotel pays Forbes one of those criteria?
The criterias are secret. However, hotels can pay Forbes to know the criteria and engage Forbes in consulting for their hotels. Therefore, it is likely that hotels that pay Forbes become five stars.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by declinespecificinformation
rankings
I wish Forbes would publish these "more than 500 criteria"
Originally Posted by 0bsidian
This is very interesting, but I didn't find the past thread you mentioned
Originally Posted by RA-wannabe
criterias are secret
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
post #25 in that thread >

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
As a point of reference, here are the Forbes (nee Mobil) Travel Guide's rating criteria:
static.howstuffworks.com/pdf/lodging-criteria-12-2008.pdf
travel.aol.com/travel-ideas/articles/five-stars-five-diamonds?ncid=AOLCOMMtravdynlprim0674 >
former PricewaterhouseCoopers hotel analyst told USA Today that more hotels won this year than usual because both AAA and Forbes are letting their inspectors be more flexible.
autoclubsouth.aaa.com/travel/diamond_ratings.aspx
aaa.biz/Approved/files/evaluation/DiamondRatingGuidelines.pdf
thanks again Non-NonRev

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 13, 2016 at 12:39 am
Old Apr 21, 2016, 9:05 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Yea this is one of those "does the hotel have a swimming pool" kind of checklist rankings, which renders it utterly meaningless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.