Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best hotel in Bali?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2016, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by brisbane
No free night offers at Chedi Club but prepaying is a 15% discount...though I don't want to commit to that 8 months in advance. A 1BD there for 5 nights is pushing but within my budget.
You might want to shop around a bit. I found different sales channels provide different offers (e.g. German tour operators offer better prices but have limited availability / 3 for 2 deals where only available through an OTA).
Old Nov 1, 2018, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Chedi Club looks fantastic but If view of the ocean is a must then what is the best resort in Bali right now? Besides Aman's as I have some nights booked there.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Chedi Club looks fantastic but If view of the ocean is a must then what is the best resort in Bali right now? Besides Aman's as I have some nights booked there.
The “best” resort in Bali is far too difficult a question, given all of the wonderful options.

If it’s ocean views you are looking for, the resorts in Uluwatu/Ungasan come to mind with endless views of the Indian Ocean from their cliff side locations. Banyan Tree, Karma, Alila, and Anantara all have such resorts.

Or, there are options like The Oberoi or The Legian in Seminyak.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Originally Posted by onlysuites
I thought Alila Uluwatu was a solid option though it's been years since I've stayed (2013).
Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:27 am

Does anyone know: Is amankila pretty generous with upgrades (even if you dont book through AMEX or Virtuoso)?

I know Amanpulo's MO is to usually upgrade first time guests whether or not they have booked with an agent or through FHR. Is that policy pretty consistent throughout all the AMAN's?

Also, another thing to take into consideration is that I am not expecting a garden view to ocean view type upgrade. I have booked a pool suite and the next category up is the Kilasari suite which there is only one of. I am traveling solo and am not celebrating a special occasion.

I plan to be out and about a lot of the time so I just can't seem to justify the price for staying in the Kilasari suite alone. Although the thought of absolutely no view in the pool suite kills me.
I have seen that a lot of people on here recommend just going with a pool suite (esp#37) but I am quite self conscious about a big scare I have going down my entire back (car accident) so I'm not a big fan of public pools.

Do you think they if the Kilasari suite is available upon check in they would let me upgrade for a small amount?
Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Kimchi278
Does anyone know: Is amankila pretty generous with upgrades (even if you dont book through AMEX or Virtuoso)?

I know Amanpulo's MO is to usually upgrade first time guests whether or not they have booked with an agent or through FHR. Is that policy pretty consistent throughout all the AMAN's?

Also, another thing to take into consideration is that I am not expecting a garden view to ocean view type upgrade. I have booked a pool suite and the next category up is the Kilasari suite which there is only one of. I am traveling solo and am not celebrating a special occasion.

I plan to be out and about a lot of the time so I just can't seem to justify the price for staying in the Kilasari suite alone. Although the thought of absolutely no view in the pool suite kills me.
I have seen that a lot of people on here recommend just going with a pool suite (esp#37) but I am quite self conscious about a big scare I have going down my entire back (car accident) so I'm not a big fan of public pools.

Do you think they if the Kilasari suite is available upon check in they would let me upgrade for a small amount?
Why not just make the booking through an agent with a good relationship with Kila and they can probably guarantee you that suite as an upgrade?
Old Nov 8, 2018, 7:38 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Agree that there's no downside to using a TA (of course, I'm biased). A TA who makes a lot of bookings with Aman and develops relationships with the team of Aman GM's is a valuable resource for you. Just this morning, I was able to get an offer of an Amandari upgrade from Valley -> Pool prior to booking. Other TA's on FlyerTalk can doubtless do the the same for you.

However, you won't get an upgrade into the Kilsari Suite at time of booking. That's a one of two specialty suites at Amankila, and the resort is not going to give up the opportunity to sell that suite. That's just the reality of things.

You might ask about upselling at time of check-in ... the worst that can happen is they'll say "no."
MikeFromTokyo likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 8:00 am

I would just enjoy that pool suite. Some do have partial ocean views. Otherwise, I would try to negotiate upsell at check-in.

Originally Posted by DavidO
Agree that there's no downside to using a TA (of course, I'm biased). A TA who makes a lot of bookings with Aman and develops relationships with the team of Aman GM's is a valuable resource for you. Just this morning, I was able to get an offer of an Amandari upgrade from Valley -> Pool prior to booking. Other TA's on FlyerTalk can doubtless do the the same for you.

However, you won't get an upgrade into the Kilsari Suite at time of booking. That's a one of two specialty suites at Amankila, and the resort is not going to give up the opportunity to sell that suite. That's just the reality of things.

You might ask about upselling at time of check-in ... the worst that can happen is they'll say "no."
Excellent re confirmed upgrade to pool at Amandari.

There are three signature suites at Amankila. Kilasari, Indrakila, and Amankila (two bedroom).
​​​

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Nov 8, 2018 at 9:59 am
Old Nov 9, 2018, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
I would just enjoy that pool suite. Some do have partial ocean views. Otherwise, I would try to negotiate upsell at check-in.

Excellent re confirmed upgrade to pool at Amandari.

There are three signature suites at Amankila. Kilasari, Indrakila, and Amankila (two bedroom).
​​​
I have stayed in all three and my favourite is Indrakila, which is very private but also has amazing on-high views. Kilasari is shaded by trees and, although very private, can feel a little claustrophobic, IMHO. Amankila Suite is right on the front of the resort, with the largest pool. It is better for a family than a couple, as it has 2 pavilion suites. Butler-serviced.
KI-NRT, FlyerEC and MikeFromTokyo like this.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

some here are not a fan of indrakila design, looking at photos i would agree

although its better than some pool with ocean view where no view from pool
Old Nov 9, 2018, 12:49 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Kilasari > Indrakila any day

It's possible to get that upgrade, but it's very, very rare you're going to get it at the time of booking. It is something that COULD happen on arrival, but I would certainly not rely on it (as you note, there's only one). More of a nice surprise if it happens, kind of thing...
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 4:23 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Chedi club or Mandapa or Amandari in Ubud these days?
Old Nov 11, 2018, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Musken
Mandapa awesome hardware but questionable and suspect service levels.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

there are fans of dari setting, environment, design here
some amanjunkies are fans of como shambhala estate or FS
(for como because of overall, not sure re different factors for FS)
many amanjunkie and other fans of chedi club, including top villa

RC definitely has some top villas like como and aman
aman's is a drive from dari, so a little extra remoteness

some here not fans of chedi (except top villa?) and FS design
RC likely by far the most polarizing for both service and design

edit - those who have been to them all - how do you compare?

at dari, definitely ask to see what is available at checkin
might request certain pool suites, some discussed here

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Nov 11, 2018 at 12:43 pm
Old Nov 11, 2018, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by Musken
Pool suite at Amandari. What could possibly be better than this Peter Muller designed Aman classic?

I cannot comment on Chedi Club. Como Shambhala Estate is the only other option that appeals to me.

I have zero interest in Mandapa. Based on what I know about your travels I think you belong at Amandari. Or perhaps Chedi club, although I have never been there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.