Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best hotel in Bali?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2023, 4:37 am

Glad I was not the only one!

It seemed that the issue is exacerbated by the design of the building, where there is no soundproof seal like you get in modern doors and windows, and there are gaps under the sliding doors for example. In particular, the shower in the bathroom was actually completely open to the pool area, so the only layer between the outside world and the bedroom was the glass shower door.

In comparison, I had no such issues at the Andaz (new construction, very well soundproofed room) even though it seemed to have an equally vocal frog population.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 12:32 am

We actually really enjoyed COMO Uma Ubud. Food was fantastic and the staff were gracious and accommodating. We stayed in a garden pool villa -- reasonable room, but no view whatsoever. Overall, though, a very pleasant stay
clubeurope likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by stargold
At the Como Uma Ubud, I really, really struggled with poor soundproofing of the rooms (albeit in a Pool Room and not in a villa due to lack of availability) and the frogs that were croaking all night in the rain around my room which prevented any meaningful sleep - I was utterly miserable and checked out early.
Originally Posted by clubeurope
I actually had the same issue with frogs at a Garden Pool Villa. After bringing up the issue to the reception, they did their best and re accommodated me in an upgraded room.
Haha, I guess I'll have to see how loud these frogs get. I can sleep through lots of natural noise though so it probably won't be an issue for me.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 11:21 pm

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Hi guys,

Does anyone have a recommendation for a multi-bedroom villa within a luxury hotel in Bali ?
Needs to be on/near/walking distance from the beach (not interested in Ubud etc).
Looking at a 3 bedder and would prefer if the hotel/resort is kid friendly.
Who are the main contenders for this sort of setup ?

Thank you
Old Apr 1, 2023, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by Nizar
Hi guys,

Does anyone have a recommendation for a multi-bedroom villa within a luxury hotel in Bali ?
Needs to be on/near/walking distance from the beach (not interested in Ubud etc).

Thank you
Soori Bali is right on the beach and has 3 bedroom residences. There are a list of activities for children and they also offer sitter services. https://www.sooribali.com/journeys-littleones

Also, Four Seasons at Jimbaran has residences and has a kids club.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Hi guys,

Thank you
There are also numerous private villas that come with staff (e.g. private chefs etc. ) you can rent if you're willing to look outside of resorts specifically.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 6:08 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Hi guys,

Thank you
RC has a 3 Bedroom Beachfront villa that is at the very beach. It does, however, lack privacy as guests walk past constantly and is a dealbreaker for me https://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotel...a-private-pool
Old Jul 9, 2023, 1:18 am

Out of interest, does anyone know which hotel in Bali has the largest number of shared pools or the largest single pool? The Mulia apparently has 7 pools, with the Conrad Bali having the largest single pool. Anyone know of a property that beats either of those?
Old Jul 24, 2023, 6:18 pm

Has anyone stayed at Jumeirah Bali? Most appealing to me is that all rooms come with private pool and even the base rooms are fairly spacious at 210msq. Would be grateful to hear any opinions/experiences.
Old Sep 1, 2023, 7:27 am

Thinking about going back to Bali, but Amankila rates have reached heights I cannot justify, and I am willing to try something new.
Have you heard about any new / residential feeling hotels (private pool is a bonus, but not mandatory)?
Actually there are so many hotels that I cannot narrow down my choice.
Old Sep 2, 2023, 1:08 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric
Thinking about going back to Bali, but Amankila rates have reached heights I cannot justify, and I am willing to try something new.
Have you heard about any new / residential feeling hotels (private pool is a bonus, but not mandatory)?
Have you done Soori before?
Old Sep 3, 2023, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by chinmoylad
Thanks for the advice, I will check their website
Old Sep 9, 2023, 5:10 pm
CGJ

Why not do a completely private villa? I know quite a few. I do it for my job so I should know.
Old Sep 9, 2023, 6:18 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by chinmoylad
Soori has villas too , GM Astrid K is ex AMANs
Lovely property with lovely beach for walking on , swimming in the ocean is not advisable that part of Bali .

Complimentary activities include lessons in Balinese dance , kite making and flying
Old Sep 10, 2023, 4:36 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Originally Posted by lostnomad
Has anyone stayed at Jumeirah Bali? Most appealing to me is that all rooms come with private pool and even the base rooms are fairly spacious at 210msq. Would be grateful to hear any opinions/experiences.

Not mine but could be helpful, Kevin's video about Jumeirah Bali

Rest of the video playlist of Kevin's visits to some of Bali's hotels & resorts,
Ofcourse some are less luxury and might not be to everyone's taste:
- Como Uma Ubud
- Alila Seminyak
- Alila Ubud
- Andaz
- Kempinski
- Belmond
- Intercontinental Jimbaran
- Six senses
- Samsara Ubud
- Conrad
- Anantara
- Indigo

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...b3xkTy-wylft93

And another video playlist from the luxury travel expert with a focus on the Amans + Bulgari + Ritz Carlton reserve Mandapa

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...qJbWaGy3HtIGKf

https://theluxurytravelexpert.com/20...t-hotels-bali/
https://theluxurytravelexpert.com/20...ort-ubud-bali/

Last edited by RichardInSF; Sep 10, 2023 at 6:06 pm Reason: Consecutive posts by same member not allowed by FT rules, add to previous post instead

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.