Udaivilas with Kids?

Old Feb 12, 16, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond, Miles & Smiles *G, PC Amb
Udaivilas with Kids?

Looking for some objective advice here. Planning a trip to India and was looking at the Udaivilas for a 4-5 night stay with my family and 2 other families - a total of 6 adults and 6 kids for which we are planning on booking 5 rooms.

I've stayed at Rajvilas previously and found it a great experience - pre-kids. In looking at the Udaivilas website, it mentions quite a number of activities for kids (at what i would consider vastly inflated costs) - however, i have no issues with this as i believe the service and experience should justify the cost.

The other families though have said the Trident (apparently on the same grounds as the Udaivilas) is a much better proposition with the kids. It was also pointed out to me that the price difference is huge between the two properties.

Would the general concensus be to go for the Trident with 6 kids in tow or is the Udaivilas experience magical enough to convince the other families?

Any insights appreciated! Thank you.
Old Feb 12, 16, 7:07 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum Thnks to FT
I have actually stayed at the Trident (when I could use Hilton points) and walked to the Udaivillas for dinner one night. I would say that the kids, and there for the parents, would probably have a better time at Trident. You don't mention the ages but the kids could be kids at the Trident pool. I did an inspection of Udaivillas and while it was a beautiful property for adults I don't think it would be that great for the kids.

I really liked the Trident. The staff were wonderful.

The outdoor restaurant at the Udaivillas is gorgeous, especially at night, with a full moon.
Old Feb 12, 16, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond, Miles & Smiles *G, PC Amb
Originally Posted by cruisr View Post
I have actually stayed at the Trident (when I could use Hilton points) and walked to the Udaivillas for dinner one night. I would say that the kids, and there for the parents, would probably have a better time at Trident. You don't mention the ages but the kids could be kids at the Trident pool. I did an inspection of Udaivillas and while it was a beautiful property for adults I don't think it would be that great for the kids.

I really liked the Trident. The staff were wonderful.

The outdoor restaurant at the Udaivillas is gorgeous, especially at night, with a full moon.
Thanks Cruisr - so are the two properties "connected" and walking between one and the other is possible?
Old Feb 12, 16, 10:59 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Exec, CITI Prestige, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold and all ever changing
Hi,

I have stayed at Udaivillas before (actually going back there but this time staying at the Taj Lake). Though I have not been to the Trident, I have to point out that while the Trident will be a great place for the kids and be alot cheaper, it will not be in the league of Udaivillas or your experience at the Rajvillas. Oberois are famous for their amazing staff and service and the grounds are fantastic. Forgive me, but its like staying at a FS, Pen, MO then comparing it to another classy hotel in the same city (it will pale to the FS etc, that are in a different league).
The Udaivillas are kid friendly, but not as likely as the Trident which is more of a resort feel. Also note, you pay extra for wifi at the Trident; an example of what I mean of being at a different level.
Regardless, it really will come down to what you want to get as a group out of your trip to this gorgeous region.
Old Feb 12, 16, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum Thnks to FT
Originally Posted by slickalick View Post
Thanks Cruisr - so are the two properties "connected" and walking between one and the other is possible?

They are "connected" as in there is a path that you can walk from one property to another without going onto the road. IIRC you leave the Trident property by the pool area and walk over to the Udaivillas and arrive in the front of the property. Walking between the two was very easy and no problems, even at night.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: