Search

Late Checkout Bangkok

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2016, 9:17 am
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom
Original Poster

Late Checkout Bangkok

Does anyone know about hotels that might be more willing to offer a really late check-out, or if they only went until 4:00 PM where a good place to stay would be? We'll have lounge access at the airport at Royal Orchid First, I believe, and the flight leaves after midnight.

I'm not keen on paying for an extra night (we're booked at Siam, which is particularly expensive for BKK) if that only means 4:00PM to like 11:00 PM.

Any tips/ideas, especially considering that the cost of the Met is only $100 vs. $500 a night at the Siam.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 9:52 am
Suspended

Siam is best; Mandarin Oriental is second best; Peninsula is third best. Prices range from the high $100s all the way up. ALL will require payment for any late check-out beyond 4pm, unless you're willing to wait a day or two prior to arrival (in which case the hotel can actually know what their occupancy is...and then look into making an exception).
Old Feb 9, 2016, 12:07 pm

Did you ask? They typically have a rate sheet for late check-out but often it is a % of the rack rate, not the rate you paying. Usually the only cost-effective option is to ask on the day of dept. and if too expensive book the same or better priced alternative online. Should be easy to get an exceptional deal in Bangkok - worst case, book a suite at the royal river opposite (I am sure the Siam can ferry you over).

Last edited by erik123; Feb 9, 2016 at 12:14 pm
Old Feb 9, 2016, 12:08 pm

The only way to absolutely confirm an 11pm late checkout in advance is to book an additional night.

But, if you are using hotel car for airport transportation, which I assume you are, it is very likely that top hotels will accommodate you either on a complimentary basis or for a reduced half day charge if they have availability. I virtually always get late checkouts like this at hotels where I am a regular if departing late by hotel car.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 1:28 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Peninsula will offer a confirmed late check out..... basically as late as you want as a Pen Club amenity.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

great reminder ABG

can guests/agents comment on how often all peninsulas do this >
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
how they described for pen beverly hills [prior to Pen Club benefit] >
http://www.peninsula.com/Beverly_Hil...eninsula_Time/
"Peninsula Time"
...check in at 8 am on Day 1 and check out at 10 pm on Day 2

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Feb 10, 2016 at 7:05 am
Old Feb 10, 2016, 10:29 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
can guests/agents comment on how often all peninsulas do this >
always, all the time as along as requested in advance, except for a few black out days of which there are none for 2016 for Bangkok. Things like Oscar weekend in LA and Paris Airshow would be blacked out for "official" purposes.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

seems like by far the best and most valuable benefit / brand offering

wonder how capella and individual hotels offering guaranteed in/out compare
(wakaya - "early morning check-in and late afternoon check-out")
(The Point - "we will have your room ready when lunch is finished")

can always ask hotel management to guarantee in advance, and in cities with peninsula, possibly mentioning the peninsula benefit during discussion/negotiation - "i will book peninsula unless"

Originally Posted by DavidO
You might not be given your eventual room, but if you arrive early, you will have the use of a guestroom until yours is ready.
good point, helps with guarantee

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Feb 11, 2016 at 9:12 am
Old Feb 10, 2016, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

MO and Pen have always been accomodating to us especially when using their in house car.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 8:05 am

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Originally Posted by Aventine
MO and Pen have always been accomodating to us especially when using their in house car.
My experience is that Pen in Bangkok always does this and considers it perfectly normally. The Oriental always does it as well, but its made to look like a huge favor. In both cases, I've been using the hotel car.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 8:13 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
I agree with ABG.

PEN Time offers not only late check-outs but flexible check-in times for PEN Club bookings. You might not be given your eventual room, but if you arrive early, you will have the use of a guestroom until yours is ready.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 5:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA OWE
You mention having access to Thai First lounge. If you are simply going to be waiting around in a hotel room and dont want to pay for an extra night get a late checkout at 4PM, have a great dinner and then relax in the TG Lounge. You can easily take an hour with the complimentary massage, have a shower, and use one of the quiet rooms there to relax for a few hours.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by Development
You mention having access to Thai First lounge. If you are simply going to be waiting around in a hotel room and dont want to pay for an extra night get a late checkout at 4PM, have a great dinner and then relax in the TG Lounge. You can easily take an hour with the complimentary massage, have a shower, and use one of the quiet rooms there to relax for a few hours.
I love TG F and the ground service that comes with it, but given the choice I would always prefer to spend a few more hours at MO/Pen/Siam, or having dinner at a favorite restaurant.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 4:58 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
I love TG F and the ground service that comes with it, but given the choice I would always prefer to spend a few more hours at MO/Pen/Siam, or having dinner at a favorite restaurant.
Yes, x100000.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by pricesquire
Yes, x100000.
^. Even as an air travel enthusiast who likes nice airport lounges (when I must wait at an airport), in BKK with TG the biggest luxury for me is NOT having to spend much time at the airport. I stay at the hotel or go out to a favorite restaurant, like Opus in Sathorn, and have a proper dinner or or otherwise relax until it is time to be driven to the airport. I typically arrive not more than one hour before departure, if that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.