Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2017, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by 0bsidian
Has anyone stayed in the newly refurbished rooms yet?
We will be staying before the end of the month to try it out.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 3:04 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
deleted

Last edited by bhrubin; Oct 17, 2017 at 5:39 am
Old Oct 16, 2017, 4:29 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Not yet , as the renovations are incomplete . Was hoping to stay last month but was told that it will take another year to be done , including many of the park view rooms / suites .

Could hear some noise from the works from outside of Dinner when we lunched there a few weeks ago . But thoroughly enjoyed our meal , possibly our 6 th meal there . Could not see the park from Dinner either as there was some hoarding put up obstructing the view .
Originally Posted by scented
I had a similar experience. Although I found Dinner has been more consistent lately and better than earlier days.

I’m not a fan of this hotel, but I have to admit the renovations look stunning. Not much to be done about the low ceilings but the design and furnishings look great!
Originally Posted by MacMyDay
Looking forward to your TR , MacMyDay .

Have not stayed here before due to comments of small bathrooms . Perhaps this has also been addressed with the renovations . Other areas have been thoroughly " gutted " , moved somewhat / relocated completely to different floors .
Hopeful that all major works have been done to rooms / suites to look like the photos posted

Didn't have time to request a tour , didn't get to see the pool .
Old Oct 17, 2017, 4:36 am

Programs: No program whatsoever
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts, especially on noise levels.
Am considering a staycation in mid-November in a Mandarin room.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 9:49 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
I booked one of the newly renovated rooms for a stay in June but ended up getting upgraded to an old suite on the Hyde Park side.

The decor was extremely dated, with a combo shower tub and ancient balcony doors that were awkwardly encased within newer outer doors.

The room was very spacious though and the balcony was great for enjoying a morning coffee.

The hotel staff were also excellent in making the stay a special one for my girlfriend's birthday. After asking me about her preferences, they gave her a complimentary matcha birthday cake and a very nice bottle of Sancerre. I asked them to source us some bird of paradise flowers too and the charge was very reasonable.

Our staff interactions were all great but the hotel does feel like a decrepit old building site at the moment. The low ceilings, winding corridors and lack of daylight are hard to overlook. There are too many luxury options in London to really give the MO a second thought unless you are intent on being close to Harvey Nicks and Harrods.

As an aside I was also rather unimpressed with Dinner by Heston. I thought Fat Duck was fantastic when I went there but I fail to see what justifies Dinner's ** rating. The meal was solid but in no way memorable, I can't see how this has the same rating as somewhere like Steirereck in Vienna.
vuittonsofstyle likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by 0bsidian
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts, especially on noise levels.
Am considering a staycation in mid-November in a Mandarin room.
We are still going to stay, as nosey is my middle name, but my partner has several friends who work at the MO London and we have been strongly advised not to attend until the Hyde Park rooms are completed as they will be more impressive. That doth not maketh the best pre-arrival welcome.
bhrubin, FlyerEC and 0bsidian like this.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 12:44 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
We are still going to stay, as nosey is my middle name, but my partner has several friends who work at the MO London and we have been strongly advised not to attend until the Hyde Park rooms are completed as they will be more impressive. That doth not maketh the best pre-arrival welcome.
I'm sure that's true. But I just endured the "classic style" junior suite at the StR Rome, knowing full well how much nicer the decor and furnishing will be after the renovation is completed in spring. If I can endure the pain, certainly you can, too.
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Just saw a tweet...

The MO London will re-open in its entirety on Monday 15 April 2019, having completed the most extensive restoration in its 117-year history. Following the re-opening of the public spaces in December 2018, the hotel now unveils all new guest rooms and suites
scented, FlyerEC and BESVISOR like this.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 7:13 am

Trying to decide between this and the Rosewood for an upcoming stay in February.

What are my odds of getting a walk in shower at the MO? At the Rosewood from 1 cat up it's walk in shower.

How do the spa's compare? I specifically enjoy Jacuzzi, so so far Corinithia is the best Spa in Lon but interested in trying something new

Do either have cigar smoking areas?
Old Jan 10, 2020, 11:52 am

Programs: CX MPC
Hi HumbleBee
Here is the answer from Molon reservation team. I believe some of their Dexlue room and Mandarin room facing the street also have sperate shower and bathtub. Some have only shower.
offerendum likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 4:25 pm

The MO is my new favorite hotel in London. Service is pretty much on par to the Connaught, and the rooms are brand new & far superior. I have a Mandarin Room overlooking Knightsbridge with a large couch sitting area and a beautiful spacious walk-in shower (no bath, which isn't a problem for me). Spa is OK, better than Connaught and less than Corinithia. There is no where in London I would rather stay.
ABG and FlyerEC like this.

Last edited by HumbleBee; Feb 10, 2020 at 7:18 pm Reason: Correction of street name
Old Sep 23, 2021, 8:34 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
Hi all,

I've booked the Hyde Park King Room with MO Fans upgrade. Would I be likely to be upgraded to the Mandarin Hyde Park King Room?
Old Sep 24, 2021, 7:39 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by GodAtum
Hi all,

I've booked the Hyde Park King Room with MO Fans upgrade. Would I be likely to be upgraded to the Mandarin Hyde Park King Room?
I guess you mean Fans of MO?
Yes rooms to rooms upgrades are about as far as they usually go - but London's occupancy rate is very high now so anything is possible
if you do not want to lose your park view then you should communicate this to the hotel
Old Oct 16, 2021, 11:03 am

Compared to Connaught?

Hi,

I've loved the Connaught until now but they have just annoyed me so much by refusing to give away the winter holiday package (suddenly, I would have to stay for longer in order to be able to book it..).
It's a pitty because I've convinced my entire family to come to London instead of Paris in order to be able to go to the better Spa (Spa's in Paris are nice, too but I prefer Aman Spa).
I have never stayed at the MO in London.
I will be out a lot with my family and I will go to the Spa every day, so that's my priority. I don't mind upgrades etc. I just want the Best Spa and I've seen that somebody mentioned here it has one of the best spas in the UK? I always thought Aman was the best but that's outdated then?
Thank you so much!
Old Oct 16, 2021, 5:11 pm

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Originally Posted by Berengere
Hi,

I've loved the Connaught until now but they have just annoyed me so much by refusing to give away the winter holiday package (suddenly, I would have to stay for longer in order to be able to book it..).
It's a pitty because I've convinced my entire family to come to London instead of Paris in order to be able to go to the better Spa (Spa's in Paris are nice, too but I prefer Aman Spa).
I have never stayed at the MO in London.
I will be out a lot with my family and I will go to the Spa every day, so that's my priority. I don't mind upgrades etc. I just want the Best Spa and I've seen that somebody mentioned here it has one of the best spas in the UK? I always thought Aman was the best but that's outdated then?
Thank you so much!
Maybe do a search for spa in the London specific threads but from what I remember, I can't recall much mention of the MO spa.
The most highly regarded spas in London on this forum seem to be either at Bulgari or Lanesborough.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.