FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Luxury Hotels and Travel (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel-220/)
-   -   Luxury beach resort with no kids (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel/1720791-luxury-beach-resort-no-kids.html)

Carlos Araujo Oct 31, 2015 2:57 pm

Luxury beach resort with no kids

Hi all,

Me and my wife are in our late 20s / early 30s, and we enjoy spending time at beach resorts, just laying by the pool, reading books, listening to some background music, etc
However, on most trips we find our relaxing time disrupted by kids running and screaming all around.
So here is my question: are there top luxury beach hotels where kids are not allowed? (or where the number of kids is negligible?)
The only places where we've had luck so far were FS Bora Bora and Amanyara. Even in the Maldives we've found kids playing ball at the adults pool (it was not on a top tier hotel, however).
P.S.: I realize there are many "adults only" hotels in the Caribbean, but it looks like they either: 1) are not really luxury, or 2) have a kind of "creepy" vibe (are geared towards swingers) - definetly not what we are looking for!

Thanks!

sfoactuary Oct 31, 2015 3:17 pm

It's hard to find completely adult-only properties, but we've had good luck with a couple that at least had adult-only areas. Most recently was the Montage Kapalua Bay in Maui, Hawaii where they have 2 adult-only pool areas. In general, there weren't many kids to begin with, but that can be very hit or miss depending on your luck.

At the FS Seychelles also had luck with minimal number of kids, but again we may just have been lucky.

Another option I've been eyeing are some of the private island resorts where you have so much privacy that it wouldn't even matter if there were kids running around. But of course, they also come with huge price tags.

Five Star Traveller Oct 31, 2015 3:49 pm

Not exactly my kind of resort, but the W Retreat in the Maldives doesn't accept guests under 13. There is one 18+ resort in the Maldives, but it is unfortunately only a 4-star at best.

KatW Oct 31, 2015 4:26 pm

La Casa Que Canta in Zihuatanejo.

Kagehitokiri Nov 1, 2015 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Carlos Araujo (Post 25643631)
beach
only places where we've had luck so far were FS Bora Bora and Amanyara.

budget? location? other amanresorts?

http://www.guana.com/stay/faqs/

minimum age is common in AU/NZ, including some AU private island resorts

Originally Posted by sfoactuary (Post 25643703)
private island resorts where you have so much privacy that it wouldn't even matter if there were kids running around. But of course, they also come with huge price tags.

most of them actually have normal rates, and most dont have maldives density
(brando and fregate now have low season, brando recently added lower B&B rates)

upcoming six senses seychelles will be great

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...lots-kids.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...mendation.html
i recall other threads, may not be easy to find

Originally Posted by ABG (Post 25646696)
Hermitage Bay

We accept children aged 12 - 16 years, with exception of the period from 1 July to 31 August and 1 to 28 December when we accept children aged 8 and above. Children may share with two adults in the [10] Beachfront or Garden Suites, maximum of one child per suite. From the 21 December to the 31 March, the rate per child is an additional $365 per night, and from 1 April to 20 December, the rate is $225 per child per night.

ABG Nov 1, 2015 10:43 am

Hermitage Bay in Antigua does not permit children most times of the year. Imanta in Punta Mita is very un-child friendly

Valveking Nov 1, 2015 10:44 am

I would look at Las Ventanas in Cabo. I don't think it is officially no kids, but we were there for dinner the other night and it was a distinctly adult vibe. We didn't see a single child there that I can recall. It is a really low key lovely resort.

lb8001 Nov 1, 2015 1:17 pm

I agree with ABG that Imanta is a good choice. Wakaya (Fiji) doesn't allow children at all and I loved it there - but it is small and doesn't offer tons of activities. But to hang out, dive, read, etc - it's great. Also found Amanpulo to be a place you can avoid kids even though they're there.

I'd also recommend checking your travel dates for any vacation times that might coincide.

Valveking Nov 1, 2015 1:21 pm

Imanta is also a good call. You definitely won't see any kids and maybe no other adult guests either!

bhrubin Nov 1, 2015 3:51 pm

Going to almost any higher priced luxury beach resort during the school year, avoiding holiday periods, will give you a likely no-children or few-children experience. The higher the price of the resort, and the more in the middle of the school year your schedule, the better your chances will be.

DSI Nov 1, 2015 4:42 pm

Almost all top tier places in the Maldives and elsewhere in the world are family (plus gay, minority, female, etc...) friendly, as are most luxury brands. Super luxury places (e.g. private islands) even more so, but you may gain enough privacy to overcome your concerns.

I'd look at non luxury locations like Couples where the focus is all-inclusive with less outside travel-based activities.

I actually don't think Imanta would be a good choice unless you don't want to travel offsite. It's near a superb golf course where children will play, and the activities (islands, city, neighboring cities, etc...) and dining will have children, both local and travelers as well. I think Punta Mita would be a poor choice unless you just stay plan inside your room, which you could do anywhere for less money. I have been to Punta Mita many times.

Plus Imanta has this picture:
http://www.imantaresorts.com/resort/...d-friends.aspx

Even when we go to beach resorts we've always enjoyed trying to interact and learn about local cultures. If that's something you enjoy, Hong Kong is the only place I've seen with a true dearth of our younger aged brethren.

ABG Nov 1, 2015 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by declinespecificinformation (Post 25648108)
I actually don't think Imanta would be a good choice unless you don't want to travel offsite. It's near a superb golf course where children will play, and the activities (islands, city, neighboring cities, etc...) and dining will have children, both local and travelers as well. I think Punta Mita would be a poor choice unless you just stay plan inside your room, which you could do anywhere for less money. I have been to Punta Mita many times.

Plus Imanta has this picture:
http://www.imantaresorts.com/resort/...d-friends.aspx

Did you read the OP's post? The part about spending time at beach resorts, just laying by the pool, reading books, listening to some background music, etc? Seems like they really want a place where you don't travel offsite.

I frankly don't understand the link to the image either. The hotel has a marketing plan, which doesn't always translate into customers

MSPeconomist Nov 2, 2015 7:06 am

IIRC Bedara Island (Great Barrier Reef) doesn't allow kids, but I don't know the details.

farbster Nov 2, 2015 7:55 am

Hualalai has an adults only pool, but there would likely be kids at the property in general. If you don't want to be annoyed with kids, find a property that doesn't take kids at all; though maybe they'd take one anyway if someone paid enough and it was slow season. Would the sight of a kid or hearing a kid at breakfast ruin your trip? The answer to that question might help you decide if you want to go to adults only or to a property with adult pool.

juuceman Nov 2, 2015 8:43 am

Hermitage Bay is great. And they enforce the no children policy, except for certain time periods,which they'll tell you about if you reach out to them. Nice main pool. Plunge pools on the hillside suites. Good beach. Incredible food.

Las Ventanas has a large number of 2+ bedroom suites and condo units that will hold and have kids. They have a children's program available there as well. Definitely not adults only.