Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Luxury beach resort with no kids

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2015, 1:20 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by declinespecificinformation
Almost all top tier places in the Maldives and elsewhere in the world are family (plus gay, minority, female, etc...) friendly, as are most luxury brands. Super luxury places (e.g. private islands) even more so, but you may gain enough privacy to overcome your concerns.

I'd look at non luxury locations like Couples where the focus is all-inclusive with less outside travel-based activities.

I actually don't think Imanta would be a good choice unless you don't want to travel offsite. It's near a superb golf course where children will play, and the activities (islands, city, neighboring cities, etc...) and dining will have children, both local and travelers as well. I think Punta Mita would be a poor choice unless you just stay plan inside your room, which you could do anywhere for less money. I have been to Punta Mita many times.

Plus Imanta has this picture:
http://www.imantaresorts.com/resort/...d-friends.aspx

Even when we go to beach resorts we've always enjoyed trying to interact and learn about local cultures. If that's something you enjoy, Hong Kong is the only place I've seen with a true dearth of our younger aged brethren.
Not to hijack this thread, but do any Punta Mita veterans have thoughts on Four Seasons vs. Imanta?

It will be our first visit to Punta Mita and primarily looking for a place to relax and hang out at the beach for a few days.

Hadn't heard about Imanta until this thread and it looks great, but is it too secluded and private in that you really won't be seeing anyone? Is there much to do by way of activities?
Old Nov 3, 2015, 2:04 pm

Programs: Skymiles Plat/1MM, United Prem, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
Imanta is really private - if you don't want to see anyone else, you really could do that. It's also secluded, built on a hill and right on the water, with the sound of waves crashing. I loved it. Oh, and really yummy food! I think most activities would be done off property. Four seasons would be a much different experience.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 3:34 pm

Programs: Virtuoso
In Fiji, the Royal Davui is kid free. I would still recommend Laucala, even though they do allow children, the property is so big you can easily make sure you have a quiet stay.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 4:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
I would highly recommend the Imanta in terms of the beach. I was there for a wedding, so I cannot comment on how it compares in terms of providing activities, but the beach is significantly better than the St Regis or Four Seasons.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 8:14 am

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
If you are looking to really do nothing and veg out completely, Imanta would be a great choice. It is very secluded with few rooms and is on a lovely stretch of beach. It is about 20 minutes from the Punta Mita development which includes the Four Seasons and St Regis.

The Four Seasons is a wonderful sprawling resort with about 180 rooms spread out over a large area. If you are looking for any activity at all, it is the easy choice. It has 2 very nice beaches. The adult beach is nice and spacious with about 10 palapas spread over a nice long stretch. Too me, it occasionally feels like a Mexican version of Hualalai but with a proper beach.

The St Regis beach is totally inferior and if a beach is important to you, I would eliminate it from your list. It is a nice resort that would be worth visiting for dinner to check out.

Why don't you split your vacation between Imanta and FS?
Old Nov 4, 2015, 11:26 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Valveking
If you are looking to really do nothing and veg out completely, Imanta would be a great choice. It is very secluded with few rooms and is on a lovely stretch of beach. It is about 20 minutes from the Punta Mita development which includes the Four Seasons and St Regis.

The Four Seasons is a wonderful sprawling resort with about 180 rooms spread out over a large area. If you are looking for any activity at all, it is the easy choice. It has 2 very nice beaches. The adult beach is nice and spacious with about 10 palapas spread over a nice long stretch. Too me, it occasionally feels like a Mexican version of Hualalai but with a proper beach.

The St Regis beach is totally inferior and if a beach is important to you, I would eliminate it from your list. It is a nice resort that would be worth visiting for dinner to check out.

Why don't you split your vacation between Imanta and FS?
All - thanks very much for the feedback. At this point leaning toward FS, since they Imanta may be a bit too secluded for a first visit to the region.

Would love to split our time but unfortunately just there for 3 nights.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

OP here. Thanks for the suggestions!

We don’t mind the hotel allowing kids, as long as: 1) they are not all over the place; 2) there is a nice/quiet “adults only” pool.

Some comments on our previous experiences:

GOOD
- FS Bora Bora: only one pool, but its very quiet and has an adult atmosphere. 1-2 kids around, but well behaved (not a problem) – being a honeymoon destination is probably a relevant factor
- Amanyara: same as FS Bora Bora (not a honeymoon destination, but the low room count contributes positively)

NOT GOOD:
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba and One&Only Ocean Club: a couple kids around – moderate noise / disruption level

HORRIBLE:
- Lux Maldives (not really luxurious): total nightmare. Kids took over the adults pool (running around, screaming, throwing water, etc). I asked the GM why they didn’t enforce the “adults only” policy – he said that there is nothing they could do (and sent me a bottle of wine) – thumbs down

We’ll visit FS Nevis and the Indonesian Amans soon. Will report back.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 1:42 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, RC STARS, Rosewood Elite, Bellini, SPG LP, Dorchester Diamond, PenClub
I have had good luck with quiet relaxing vacations at Belmond Maroma.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 9:47 pm

My husband and I have similar interests and we enjoyed Esencia. I don't think they prohibit children, but there weren't any when I was there, and it don't seem geared t them.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by Carlos Araujo
OP here. Thanks for the suggestions!

We don’t mind the hotel allowing kids, as long as: 1) they are not all over the place; 2) there is a nice/quiet “adults only” pool.

Some comments on our previous experiences:

NOT GOOD:
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba and One&Only Ocean Club: a couple kids around – moderate noise / disruption level

Mayakoba is currently one of the most popular destinations for monied New York families these days. My wife tells me that she frequently hears women chatting about it in cafes throughout Manhattan. The three main properties there are going to be slammed with kids throughout the winter, especially during holiday times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.