Four Seasons Seoul, Korea -- Reviews and Comments

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Seasons Seoul, Korea -- Reviews and Comments

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2019, 1:32 am

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Back to the hotel for a 7 night stay this time. Akira Back is grand opening tonight.

2 days in, the service is a lot more polished than the last stay. Front desk was good, and luggage was delivered very quickly to the room. Staff interaction has been great across the board.

Still not a fan of the toiletry brand; a made in China product that smells like Dove doesn't really convey luxury.
ray1022, dylanc and scented like this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by Dave510
Back to the hotel for a 7 night stay this time. Akira Back is grand opening tonight.

2 days in, the service is a lot more polished than the last stay. Front desk was good, and luggage was delivered very quickly to the room. Staff interaction has been great across the board.

Still not a fan of the toiletry brand; a made in China product that smells like Dove doesn't really convey luxury.
Really pleased to hear that despite turnover, they are doing so well. The new GM seems great from what I gather from various people and while I would have loved to see Ms Oh Kostecky promoted to GM, it is great to hear she is still there & contributing.

I am equally unimpressed by La Bottega’s Lorenzo Villoresi brand, but sadly we seem to be in the minority here! Maybe they should consider stocking Sodashi amenities for suites & special guests.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by scented

Really pleased to hear that despite turnover, they are doing so well. The new GM seems great from what I gather from various people and while I would have loved to see Ms Oh Kostecky promoted to GM, it is great to hear she is still there & contributing.

I am equally unimpressed by La Bottega’s Lorenzo Villoresi brand, but sadly we seem to be in the minority here! Maybe they should consider stocking Sodashi amenities for suites & special guests.
FS must get a good deal because Villoresi is almost everywhere now!
Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave510

Will you try to go to the Back opening?
Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
Considering how cheap to produce this is, I am not surprised. Hotels love the flexibility in design they offer and the brand aspect. These cheap license deals don’t really speak to me!
Old Mar 7, 2019, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Considering how cheap to produce this is, I am not surprised. Hotels love the flexibility in design they offer and the brand aspect. These cheap license deals don’t really speak to me!
It smells and feels as much as it costs. I wish FS suite guests could choose their own toiletries. That would be service!
Old Mar 7, 2019, 3:30 am

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Hear hear, Sodashi would be a welcomed upgrade!

Will you try to go to the Back opening?
I'm afraid not, already have dinner plans, but will likely try it at some point in my stay. Will report back if I do!
Old Mar 7, 2019, 3:57 am

It smells and feels as much as it costs. I wish FS suite guests could choose their own toiletries. That would be service!
Ambassador Suite and above bookings can pretty much request anything within reason already. Main problem with many markets is if it’s imported in the respective country.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Ambassador Suite and above bookings can pretty much request anything within reason already. Main problem with many markets is if it’s imported in the respective country.
I'm only a Palace View Executive suite guest booker. Not as esteemed as dear scented.

Any idea why FS DJB uses Etro products?
Old Mar 7, 2019, 4:44 am

I'm only a Palace View Executive suite guest booker. Not as esteemed as dear scented.

Any idea why FS DJB uses Etro products?
I am sure they appreciate you very much, Aventine

I, too, love #2517 for example, which has fabulous views. I just wish these units had more closet space.

I think the Rajasthan scent is exclusive to FS DJB, which is also La Bottega. Presumably wanted something more lush and exotic to the somewhat austere Lorenzo V. I cannot stand Etro at all and thankfully they brought me Sodashi in Dubai.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 11:13 am

Akira Back successfully opened in the André Fu-designed space of former Japanese restaurant Kioku. While I loved Kioku, I am sure Akira Back will be rather more popular, especially with locals.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Akira Back successfully opened in the André Fu-designed space of former Japanese restaurant Kioku. While I loved Kioku, I am sure Akira Back will be rather more popular, especially with locals.
Stunned. I was wondering what space they had given to Back but to give up on Kioku?
Old Mar 11, 2019, 12:15 pm

Stunned. I was wondering what space they had given to Back but to give up on Kioku?
I liked it, however it was never really that popular or buzzing. I suspect it was mainly a business decision to attract more locals.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I liked it, however it was never really that popular or buzzing. I suspect it was mainly a business decision to attract more locals.
It was definitely an upper income bracket kind of place. Probably more profitable to get rent or profit sharing from Back than keep it on as-is. Seoul's dining habits are changing too away from hotel fine dining. Same happened to GH Seoul when they did away with their expensive outlets and made a Sewolro 322 dining "street".

We had some good meals there, and, some not so good ones too. It was the most elegant Japanese hotel restaurant in Korea.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 1:08 pm

It was definitely an upper income bracket kind of place. Probably more profitable to get rent or profit sharing from Back than keep it on as-is. Seoul's dining habits are changing too away from hotel fine dining. Same happened to GH Seoul when they did away with their expensive outlets and made a Sewolro 322 dining "street".

We had some good meals there, and, some not so good ones too. It was the most elegant Japanese hotel restaurant in Korea.
Interesting re GH, thanks for your analysis!

Since it is FS... I would expect it to be a higher-end restaurant and certainly nothing wrong with that, but a bit more activity and revenue welcome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.